ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI / Indian Passport Surrender Queries

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Raj1978
Newly Registered

Re: OCI / Indian Passport Surrender Queries

Post by Raj1978 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:28 pm

Well done!
I will not be throwing Any letters from home office from now on!

Raj1978
Newly Registered

Post by Raj1978 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:29 pm

Will do!
Thank you for everything!
You take care!
Good luck!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:31 pm

You are welcome and update here please so that myself and members can see how you get on.

Not sure how this will affect the OCI app though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Raj1978
Newly Registered

Post by Raj1978 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:51 pm

This is the main content in the letter i have written to the home office

I am the father of the applicant Miss. __________. _____ has been issued

her British passport on March of 2017. However, we haven’t received the Certificate of

Registration document in the post. In fact we were not aware that such a thing exists, until I

took an appointment to submit an application to surrender her Indian passport (as Indian

legislation does not allow dual citizenship). We only came to know about this certificate when

I was asked for one during the appointment process. Upon quick research online and

friendly advice from website immigration boards, we came to understanding that such a thing

exists and its mandatory just like my naturalization certificate. We were completely ignorant

partly due to the fact that we have applied for 'Application to register child under 18 as British

citizen’ for my daughter rather than naturalisation (as she is born here in the UK). So I

sincerely urge you to understand my situation and issue her with one. I know as much

unconvincing it may sound, this is the actual truth. I am enclosing copies of ____’s birth

certificate and passport for your kind perusal. We are in the process of sending my daughter

to India for treatment and advice on her epilepsy and global developmental delay, so the

certificate of Registration is of at most importance, to finish her Indian passport surrender

and issue of OCI (overseas citizen of India) card, for travelling.

I hope you understand my situation.

Not sure how convincing this sounds. but i guess i would be testing my luck here. I have sent this letter off along with completed replacement certificate requisition form, photo copies of birth certificate and passport via registered post.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:20 pm

It's fine. Medical issue not that relevant as the NHS also has qualified consultants in this field so unlikely this would be deemed as urgent reason.

Send certified copy of passport.

Did you complete the form?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Raj1978
Newly Registered

Post by Raj1978 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:19 pm

you are absolutely right. epilepsy is not of main concern as she is receiving the treatment here. i would like her to get some Ayurvedic treatment for under developmental delay. however as you righlty mentioned, this wouldn't be the key in deciding whether to change or not to charge me for the certificate.
yes i have sent the self attested copy of date of birth certificate and passport along with the completed certificate of registration replacement requisition form.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:01 pm

Fingers crossed you get a speedy response. Keep us updated please.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SilentEyes
United Kingdom

Post by SilentEyes » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:27 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a couple of questions:-

1. Will I need to photocopy and self-attest all the pages of my Passport or just the used pages?

2. Will I be able to collect my surrender certificate from VFS Goswell Road instead of paying for the return envelope?

Thank you for reading.

Raj1978
Newly Registered

Post by Raj1978 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:17 pm

CR001 wrote:Fingers crossed you get a speedy response. Keep us updated please.
mate! finally received the registration document. i phone the home office and they confirmed that they indeed did not post the document earlier.
received the document today.

thanks for your kind support.
Last edited by Raj1978 on Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raj1978
Newly Registered

Post by Raj1978 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:22 pm

SilentEyes wrote:Hi everyone,

I have a couple of questions:-

1. Will I need to photocopy and self-attest all the pages of my Passport or just the used pages?

2. Will I be able to collect my surrender certificate from VFS Goswell Road instead of paying for the return envelope?

Thank you for reading.

you need to self attest the used pages along with the first and last page.
i am not sure if you can collect the document. ask them during the appointment. you need not take the envelop to the appointment. they provide a hard paper back cover at the cost of roughly 10 pounds.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:23 pm

Raj1978 wrote:
mate! finally received the registration document. i phone the home office and they confirmed that they indeed did not post the document earlier.

So pleased for you, well done.

DO NOT laminate it, keep it safe though.

Feel free to post again should you have any further questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Raj1978
Newly Registered

Post by Raj1978 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:38 pm

CR001 wrote:
Raj1978 wrote:

So pleased for you, well done.

DO NOT laminate it, keep it safe though.

Feel free to post again should you have any further questions.
Mate!
Just realised that the place and country of birth is printed Slough,India. Don't know how on earth they made such a huge blunder. A quick search on immigration boards revealed that I am not alone on this. I have to send the document back to get it corrected.

Raj1978
Newly Registered

Post by Raj1978 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:32 pm

finally got the corrected certificate of registration in the post today. its been roughly just over 2 months for the correction. however i noticed that the home office reference number is printed wrong. to be honest i would just leave it as the applicant name along with the place and date of birth are printed correct. i have been to the VFS to submit my original BP along with the printed oci status notification . will be getting the oci card soon (in next 10 days). fingers crossed.