ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Relative denied visitor visa to UK (from Pak) - Appeal Help.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:31 pm

I'll call him SIR. (If its a female, I assume its 'Madam'???)

The Home Office rep called the judge 'Sir'

johnboy096

Post by johnboy096 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:59 pm

gollywood wrote:
thirdwave wrote:
gollywood wrote:Went to one of the AIT courts today to get a feel for it.
Not as intimidating as I thought.

Sat in on 2 cases.

In one, the guy trying to bring his wife & child over was amazingly under-prepared. Judge also had a few harsh words for the HO rep, who hadnt submitted a file.

Judge said he would have awarded the sponsor costs if it was in his power!!! Adjourned for 2 weeks.

Next case was a visitor visa appeal.

HO rep was so arrogant - again failed to submit a file, and requested an adjournment. Judge told her where to to stick her request, and said he would report back to the sponsor with his decision in 10 days.
Gosh!You must have loads of free time on your hands to be doing the rounds of the AIT just to get a 'feel of it' :lol:
AIT court is only located 15 mins away from me:)
Hi Gollywood,

I hope you're well.

Which Tribunal did u attend?

When you stated that the HO didn't submit a file - what sort of file, did you mean they didn't submit an actual case file?

Thanks for your time.

gollywood
Member of Standing

VERDICT!

Post by gollywood » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:13 pm

APPEAL RESULT : SUCCESSFUL :D

If I say so myself, I anhilated the Home Office rep.

We walked into the courtroom together - she made the mistake of letting on that she hadnt read the case or my files!

So whilst we waited for the judge, I kept her talking for at least 5 mins - no chance I was going to let her catch up on the case!!!!

The judge asked her questions - she stumbled like a drunk! I couldnt help but laugh on 2 ocassions.

In desperation, the judge turned to me to bail her out!!!

And it continued like that for the next 30 mins.

Basically, she became the judge's 'punchbag' - whereas I would then jump in and refer judge to 'File x - Section y'.... it was silky smooth! I have never been so organised in my life.

The man-hours and sleep deprivation was worth it.

(Apologies if I appeear to be gloating!!!)

The she referred to inconsistencies in the bank statements - but she was referring the wrong bank statements!!!

I sensed this was my chance to go for the kill - and I waded in with some 'knock-out' blows.

Judge said "Appeal is succesful'!!!

He commented on my presentation of files. HAd a go at the home office rep. She blamed the ECO!

I said 'if the ECO had actually read the original files, you might have saved yourself from this experience'.

What a great day!!!

Thanks to all for your wise words - and assistance!

johnboy096

Re: VERDICT!

Post by johnboy096 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:29 pm

gollywood wrote:APPEAL RESULT : SUCCESSFUL :D

If I say so myself, I anhilated the Home Office rep.

We walked into the courtroom together - she made the mistake of letting on that she hadnt read the case or my files!

So whilst we waited for the judge, I kept her talking for at least 5 mins - no chance I was going to let her catch up on the case!!!!

The judge asked her questions - she stumbled like a drunk! I couldnt help but laugh on 2 ocassions.

In desperation, the judge turned to me to bail her out!!!

And it continued like that for the next 30 mins.

Basically, she became the judge's 'punchbag' - whereas I would then jump in and refer judge to 'File x - Section y'.... it was silky smooth! I have never been so organised in my life.

The man-hours and sleep deprivation was worth it.

(Apologies if I appeear to be gloating!!!)

The she referred to inconsistencies in the bank statements - but she was referring the wrong bank statements!!!

I sensed this was my chance to go for the kill - and I waded in with some 'knock-out' blows.

Judge said "Appeal is succesful'!!!

He commented on my presentation of files. HAd a go at the home office rep. She blamed the ECO!

I said 'if the ECO had actually read the original files, you might have saved yourself from this experience'.

What a great day!!!

Thanks to all for your wise words - and assistance!
Congratulations Gollywood!!!

Just one question, how can the HO rep be so incompetent?

My ex-wife used me for a Visa and left me after divorcing me in Jan, she returned to UK in Feb and now lives up north.

So basically could she win he case as she's very eloquent and has a very macchievelian manner?

So do u think she could win Gollywood in your opinion.
Read my topic if you can "Entry by deception"

Thanks in advance!

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:39 pm

johnboy096 wrote:

Congratulations Gollywood!!!

So basically could she win the case as she's very eloquent and has a very macchievelian manner?

Thanks in advance!
Well it wasnt my fault that the HO rep was a bufoon - when I sat in on 2 cases last week, the HO rep was just as bad.

I was eloquent. I had immaculate presented files.

But the judge had read the evidence I presented - and ultimately, its what you present rather than how you present it.

The evidence was meticulous - it was complete - and crucially, untouched & unread by the ECO 1st time around.

Classic comment from HO rep was 'What is the relevance of submitting the appelants brother's bank statements'? I replied 'If you had read the files, you would see that the they are business partners!!!'.

I saw jokers last week attending their hearing with loose bits of papers in Tesco carrier bags. Today half the people didnt have a pen with them!!!

The way I look at it - do the hard work & graft - which I did by taking 3 days off work, and spending at least 18 hours a day solid on my appeal.

johnboy096

Post by johnboy096 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:06 pm

Thanks Gollywood.

I submitted a 4-page summary of events once my ex arrived back in the UK, as the Immigration officer requested.

So they should read that.

Also once i started receiving nuisance calls i reported it to the police and i informed the AIT who informed to fax them in Manchester.

As they would take this info into consideration.

So all in all I'm doing all the leg-work, as her family used her as means to earn money and to mess my life up.

I now have really bad trust issues, and haven't slept properly since November last year.
I'm being treated as i'm on the verge of a breakdown as well.
I just can't understand why some families do this???

Plus my brothers who's training to be a city solicitor has advised and made sure everything is watertight.

Will the judge read what i've submitted?

Thanks again!

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:10 pm

Sounds like 'domestic' issue rather than immigration.

johnboy096

Post by johnboy096 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:13 pm

Yeah sort of, but she still used me for a Visa.

So once she returned to the UK it was on a VISA SPOUSE that was withdrawn once she divorced me.

So that's why immigration told she had entered by deception.

Hence the case.

frances2

Post by frances2 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:16 pm

Hey! Well done. Thank you for letting us know. I'm sure there's much we can all learn from your scenario.

I hope your family enjoy their visit.

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:27 pm

Thanks frances - Im still buzzing! Felt great to to be proven correct.

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:49 pm

If there is a lesson (or 2) to be learnt, (from visitor visa appeals)

1) Dont despair if the HO reject your appeal - esp. if its genuine and everything is in order

2) HO assume that people will just accept their decision and will be put off spending thousands on legal fees.

3) Represent yourself if you can!!! Its hard work - you have to put in the hours! Thanks to 24 hour TV I was kept company through the nights!!

4) HO seem to come in woefully underprepared (esp in Visitor visa appeal cases)

5) DONT be afraid to launch an all out attack on the HO (providing you can substantiate and evidence the reasons for your 'assault'

I appreciate that if your case is very weak and based on deceit, then the above wont apply - but if you know that you have been treated harshly, you will succeed.

johnboy096

Post by johnboy096 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:16 pm

gollywood wrote: I appreciate that if your case is very weak and based on deceit, then the above wont apply - but if you know that you have been treated harshly, you will succeed.
That's my point exactly - I like that last paragraph Gollywood!

But good on ya - to win the case!

As they say the truth comes from God!

All those out there trying to lie and cheat their way into the country beware - you'll get caught!!!

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:40 pm

Congratulations gollywood!