ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application track Status

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chllz03

Re: Application track Status

Post by chllz03 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:26 am

chan1088 wrote:
chllz03 wrote:
I re sent my documents August 10. They asked for IELTS certificate, TB certificate and Police Clearance, all of which I had originally submitted on July 7th. I scanned them and sent them to an email address that they gave me. And then they made the decision on the same day.
Have you heard anything yet?

Nothing. I emailed ukvi again and they said a decision has been made, but so far no txt from vfs, no email, can't track in on the courier website. Maybe this afternoon I'll finally receive that long awaited notification. Ugh.

chan1088
Newly Registered

Post by chan1088 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:41 am

chllz03 wrote:
Nothing. I emailed ukvi again and they said a decision has been made, but so far no txt from vfs, no email, can't track in on the courier website. Maybe this afternoon I'll finally receive that long awaited notification. Ugh.
What ID do you use to track the status? Any trick to keying in the number? Lol. I can't track mine at all. It's been 13th working day since the escalation.

chllz03

Post by chllz03 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:30 am

chan1088 wrote:
chllz03 wrote:
What ID do you use to track the status? Any trick to keying in the number? Lol. I can't track mine at all. It's been 13th working day since the escalation.
Just the full GWF123456789 with no spaces. Nothing to do but wait. Sighs.

chan1088
Newly Registered

Post by chan1088 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:05 am

chllz03 wrote:
I'm still waiting. How about you?

sech
Newly Registered

Post by sech » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:36 pm

I am waiting too. Submitted on 26july. Second time application, refused due to insufficient proof of English in the first time.

Received the email regarding not straightforward application on 16aug.
chan1088 wrote:
chllz03 wrote:
I'm still waiting. How about you?

chan1088
Newly Registered

Post by chan1088 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:43 pm

sech wrote:I am waiting too. Submitted on 26july. Second time application, refused due to insufficient proof of English in the first time.

Received the email regarding not straightforward application on 16aug.
You mean yours was rejected straight away without any request for additional information?! That happened within how many days upon submission?

sech
Newly Registered

Post by sech » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:11 pm

I was refused without requesting any additional proof. My passport arrived at the visa center at the 15th working day.

I need to make a fresh application upon this refusal, including a new RCOS, revising contract start date, and submitted it on 27july. Now with the not straightforward email and wait.

dd00
Newly Registered

Post by dd00 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:29 am

Hi

My application was submitted on: 8 August 2017
My Bio-metrics was done on: 10 August 2017
Received an email indicating that my application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer on: 11 August 2017
Checked my status on https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus today and it says DECIDED: Application status updated on: 15 August 2017

I applied from Hong Kong using the Priority Service for Tier 2 General visa.

My questions are:
- What does "DECIDED: Application status updated on: 15 August 2017" imply?
- I have not heard from UKVI or VAC through any email or SMS (I separately availed for this service) indicating that a decision has been made. How accurate is this information that a decision has been made?

Thanks.
DD

dd00
Newly Registered

Post by dd00 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:03 am

Additionally it also says:
"The decision has been posted to you. You should receive this within 10 working days."

- I have not been contacted by the VFS staff or received any email stating the above. Is it the standard procedure? Has my passport been dispatched? I opted for their courier service.

Thanks.
DD
Last edited by dd00 on Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

chan1088
Newly Registered

Post by chan1088 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:11 am

dd00 wrote:Hi

Received an email indicating that my application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer on: 11 August 2017
Checked my status on https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus today and it says DECIDED: Application status updated on: 15 August 2017

My questions are:
- I have not heard from UKVI or VAC through any email or SMS (I separately availed for this service) indicating that a decision has been made. How accurate is this information that a decision has been made?

Thanks.
DD
What I understand is it means a decision has been made on your visa application and you will be notified when your passport is ready for collection. That's when you find out whether your visa has actually been approved. In my case, I have not been able to track my status at all.

abburgos
Newly Registered

Post by abburgos » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:20 am

dd00 wrote:Additionally it also says:
"The decision has been posted to you. You should receive this within 10 working days."

- I have not been contacted by the VFS staff or received any email stating the above. Is it the standard procedure? Has my passport been dispatched? I opted for their courier service.

Thanks.
DD
Try tracking your passport through your courier using your GWF123456789 application number. It should show some information about the dispatched document. In my case, I received an email 3am in the morning from VFS, I tracked through the courier and saw it has been dispatched, received it today too.

manorana2009
United Kingdom

Post by manorana2009 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:13 am

chan1088 wrote:
dd00 wrote:Hi

My questions are:

Thanks.
DD
What I understand is it means a decision has been made on your visa application and you will be notified when your passport is ready for collection. That's when you find out whether your visa has actually been approved. In my case, I have not been able to track my status at all.
I think it does not mean Visa has approved. It only means decision has been made. It is normally takes one week to get the passport.

Thanks

chan1088
Newly Registered

Post by chan1088 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:21 am

This is exactly what I meant.

dd00
Newly Registered

Post by dd00 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:29 am

Thanks all for your reply. I am a nervous wreck! :cry:

aoddy
Newly Registered
Nigeria

What is the correct website to track application status.

Post by aoddy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Hi to everyone in the forum,i submitted my application since 5th of june and went for biometric on th 7th of july and i tracked my application sometime in november which is application has been opened and considered but awaiting decision..So since then whenever i try to track it,this is what i get
Visas (work, study and extensions)

Call the UK Visas and Immigration contact centre about:

extending your stay in the UK
general immigration enquiries
work and study visas

Fill in a form to get your passport or other documents back urgently.

UK Visas and Immigration contact centre
Telephone: 0300 123 2241
Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4:45pm
Friday, 9am to 4:30pm
Find out about call charges
Please does anyone have the correct website on how to track my application..Thanks

gafsonjj1
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by gafsonjj1 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:23 pm

Can anyone Please tell me website to Check My Application Status Please and this link is not working Anymore https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

Please I need a website that i can track my Application Status. Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:24 pm

gafsonjj1 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:23 pm
Can anyone Please tell me website to Check My Application Status Please and this link is not working Anymore https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

Please I need a website that i can track my Application Status. Thanks.
There is no longer an online link to check applications. The link was disabled by HO in December 2017.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Gurmeetkaur
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Gurmeetkaur » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:16 pm

Nationality online tracking services

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:22 pm

Gurmeetkaur wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:16 pm
Nationality online tracking services
What is the purpose of your post??? There is no way to track status online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.