ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SWITCHING

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

William Blake
Member of Standing

Post by William Blake » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:26 pm

If I apply for JR before 28 days lapse what status will I have? student? I won't be an overstayer right? If I left after filing for JR can I come back on work permit or switch from here?
Every night and every morn
Some to misery are born.
Every morn and every night
Some are born to sweet delight.
Some are born to sweet delight,
Some are born to endless night

William Blake
Member of Standing

Post by William Blake » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:27 pm

Help ! please.
Some to misery are born.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:51 pm

Honestly? I think you are going to have to suck it up and leave.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

William Blake
Member of Standing

Post by William Blake » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:53 pm

Someone said that if I file for JR within next few days then there won't be any blacklisting. I wonder then could I then leave the UK while JR is pending and work permit has been approved and then seek re-entry as work permit holder? Is there anything to stop me doing this?
Some to misery are born.

William Blake
Member of Standing

Post by William Blake » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:23 pm

Hi,

I have just had some advice from another law firm. They say the best thing is to apply for JR within next few days (actually I have three months from refusal to do this). This will suspend everything. I can then apply for work permit in the background when this comes through I can either go abroad and seek entry clearance as a work permit holder or ask for discretionary leave from here. Does this ring true with the more experienced ones here?

The effect of this is that I will only have the ten years from 1997 -2007. I cannot get the chance to make up the ten years from the gap in I had in 1999. Still I hope to get the permit and hope to win in JR. Any thoughts.
Some to misery are born.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:39 pm

JR is not my bag I'm afraid.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

William Blake
Member of Standing

Post by William Blake » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:51 pm

your current signature makes me panicky
Some to misery are born.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:13 pm

That's just about me leaving this forum at the end of the month, nothing else. Though it does seem that this week has really been a turning point for immigration in the UK, in many ways.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:38 pm

VictoriaS wrote:That's just about me leaving this forum at the end of the month, nothing else. Though it does seem that this week has really been a turning point for immigration in the UK, in many ways.

Victoria
Why are you leaving? Did anyone offend you? What happened to Avi Jones by the way?

NB: WB - I am sorry to hear of your refusal. I think your company is doing the right thing and listen to them. Is there a guarantee that the WP would be approved?
Praise The Lord!!!!

William Blake
Member of Standing

Post by William Blake » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:22 pm

Sure I am listening but I cant jump on a plane in six days. I can't and I won't, other than that I am all theirs. I think JR is the way to go. This gives me legal status, prevents any black marks and when the work permit comes through I can then leave and seek re-entry as a work permit holder. I am tired of student visas and want to live a proper life now. Also when seeking re-entry if the high commissioner were to try giving me a hard time becasue of ILR refusal I will submit the legal paperwork showing JR pending with evidence of all relevant issues. In the meantime also I can send in a letter of reconsideration with the JR paperwork to make them see I am serious, for them to change their minds and correct the information they hold about me. Sure work permit isn't guaranteed but compnay firm says they have never had a refusal as the firm is good and the employer seeks work permits all the time. Its really the visa part of the application where you come under srutiny.

I think man if I now go the work permit route it will be another five yrs to ILR. 15 years in all to serve before I can be accepted in this society. Is that right to ask a man to walk so many miles? And the answer really does seem to be blowing in the wind as they change the goal post all the time.

My mate was telling me he has a brother who just came here, this guy has been remanded, has been in the knick, has a criminal record and he is still here with full legal rights and I a professional with no criminal record is suffering like this. How is that right? Is that the just, fair and tolerant society in the making? No way am I taking this without a fight. When the judge says to me that I can't get ILR under ten year rule then I will have to accept it - unless I don't. Because, If I can go to European court I will - even if I get work permit. What this refusal has made me realize even more is the value of now , today. I want rights now, I want a life now not after 15 years and even after waiting another five years, they may change the law again. So I will go to court and I will fight to the highest level I can. They got their facts wrong. They held on to my docs for two years and now punishing me for it. Furthermore the point about the gap in 1999 could have been overlooked. As another poster penanglad has said; before the immigration order 2000 leave to remain always used to lapse so even if you returned during the currency of your leave, leave would have lapsed anyway so there was just no way to maintain continuous leave before 2000 as they currently interpret it.

Victoria, I am so sorry you are going. You are going to be so sadly missed. You have been so helpful to many people. Why do you need to leave ? You can keep your membership here right ? Maybe just reduce your time - but you dont have to go.
Some to misery are born.

William Blake
Member of Standing

Post by William Blake » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:29 pm

You are right about it being a turning point for immigration. I dont know what the hdden agenda as it were is, but the clear message is that they want us to stop coming. I get the sense that the doors are closing. I think because of immigration from EU they pretty much want to stop immigration from elsewhere. And I think it will stay like that for many decades to come. This is my last shot at getting in. I understand that even by the end of this year there won't be any such thing as work permits as it is all going to be points based.
Some to misery are born.

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:23 pm

Victoria, sorry to see you go. You advice has been well received on this forum and I wish you the best with whatever you decide to do.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:14 pm

Thanks all. I have to go, it's beyond my control, but will still post here http://www.ukresident.com/forums/index.php?act=idx

I don't know where Amanda is. Is her profile still current?

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:47 am

avjones last post was Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:31 pm.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.