ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 SYSTEM START IN UK. FORM AVAILABLE

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alientrader

Post by alientrader » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:23 pm

shifi wrote:
hari15 wrote:ashishashah,
For extension it must be £750 as it requires seperate reassessment of points. Initial HSMP approval letter is valid only for 6 months its no more valid now
From What i undestand from the Gudelines, I agree with the above comment. if you are in HSMP and submitting the FLR, it looks like £750 !
I dont agree i think its 350 pounds.

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:46 pm

alientrader wrote:
shifi wrote:
hari15 wrote:ashishashah,
For extension it must be £750 as it requires seperate reassessment of points. Initial HSMP approval letter is valid only for 6 months its no more valid now
From What i undestand from the Gudelines, I agree with the above comment. if you are in HSMP and submitting the FLR, it looks like £750 !
I dont agree i think its 350 pounds.
Thats right, its 350 pounds and not 750 pounds. Its clearly says that since you have already paid 400 pounds for getting HSMP.

"£350 Fee for applicants making a Tier 1 (General) application who
have a valid HSMP approval letter but have yet to obtain the associated
Leave to Remain. The reduced fee recognises that these applicants
have already paid for their application for a HSMP approval letter."

satheeshkumar

EC for those who applied for initial approval in Feb 2008

Post by satheeshkumar » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:37 am

Hi Friends,
Can anyone let us know what is the fee we need to pay towards EC, if we have applied for initial approval in Feb 2008?

I just thought this info will help all those, who have applied for initial approval and would go for EC may be by end of March or in April 2008.

Regards.

shakeelahmadch wrote:
roza wrote:Old HSMP will fall under tier 1 for FLR (After two years or three years)
so you mean - we can go a head with EC once we recieve approval letters (hopefully in next two weeks)

visa_help
Newly Registered

English Language requirement

Post by visa_help » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:52 am

Hi,

I used the points calculator available in bia website. when i chose the university of salford for master degree qualification. i get 35 points for qualification and when i proceed further and for english language requirement i was prompted to choose the same degree. when i did so, i get 10 points automatically for english language requirement saying my degree meets the language requirement.

Does this mean i do not need to submit any other additional documents like IELTS or Bachelors degree language medium letter for english language requirement?

Thanks

shifi

Post by shifi » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:26 am

Folks,
If you got your HSMP Approval letter recently ( i.e. it has not expriered yet ) then you will pay £350.
IF you are alerdy in UK using the initial HSMP letter and applying for FLR ( in other words your HSMP approval letter is more than 6 months old and that it had expired) then you will need to pay £750.

This is what i undestand from the guidelines.

alientrader wrote: Thats right, its 350 pounds and not 750 pounds. Its clearly says that since you have already paid 400 pounds for getting HSMP.

shifi

Post by shifi » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:27 am

Folks,
If you got your HSMP Approval letter recently ( i.e. it has not expired yet ) then you will pay £350.
IF you are already in UK using the initial HSMP letter and applying for FLR ( in other words your HSMP approval letter is more than 6 months old and that it had expired) then you will need to pay £750.

This is what I understand from the guidelines

alientrader wrote: Thats right, its 350 pounds and not 750 pounds. Its clearly says that since you have already paid 400 pounds for getting HSMP.

Salina
BANNED

Post by Salina » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:41 pm

If you got your HSMP Approval letter recently ( i.e. it has not expired yet ) then you will pay £350.
IF you are already in UK using the initial HSMP letter and applying for FLR ( in other words your HSMP approval letter is more than 6 months old and that it had expired) then you will need to pay £750.

I do agree with the above statment.
To make sure i did call home office this morning.
But failed to go through even after 12 min.

I think to make sure, we hav to confirm it through home office
If some one did plz make sure they drop the comments on this forum

regards
salina

alientrader

Post by alientrader » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:01 am

Well, better email ro call HO to confirm the fees. 750 is a lot of money!

otuk07
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (from HSMP): How long?

Post by otuk07 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:53 pm

Does anyone have any idea how long the process takes to switch from HSMP to Tier 1 (general)? There used to be average processing times for HSMP, but they have not put any estimates this time. Also, is there urgent treatment request for Tier 1 also? Thanks in advance