ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visit visa got rejected - twice!!! PLZ HELP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shez_78
Newly Registered

Post by shez_78 » Thu May 14, 2009 11:08 am

shez_78 wrote:
sahdi wrote:hi, you should ask your father to visit the immigration advisory service in Lahore, they wil really help you out, as I have experienced. Good luck.
Shadi, they live in Karachi !!!!
Found em! they are in Karachi too ... I'll get Dad to speak to them ASAP.

Tha

bototo

Post by bototo » Sat May 16, 2009 11:36 am

In your previous application you claimed to be retired.
Lesson to be learnt from that: You can't ignore what claims you made in previous applications. You need to examine them carefully and provide a credible explanation that covers not just your current claims but every single document submitted and every single thing that has been said in the past.

That's very tricky. Do not underestimate the size of the task.

You have the further complication that he comes across as a tax cheat. I don't mean to insult you or your father and quite appreciate how the "cash" economy on the sub continent works but if he's earning six lakhs a year and not declaring anything he doesn't come across as an honest person. Your task is to disprove that perception in your application.
Covering letter with minimal words to explain why again???
(Any advice on what to say?)
Why this obsession with minimal words? Use as many words as necessary unless you're looking to cut corners (again)!
>>House Ownership Documents (lease etc) - it’s on my mum's name
>>Shops Ownership documents (lease etc) - dad owns them
Lease contracts don't demonstrate ownership. Land registry records do. In original.
Rental agreements of shops
Include but they have low credibility value. Easily faked.
Bank statements (with a current accumulated balance/savings of nearly 500,000 Rs)
Regular income over the years is, as you know, more credible than one or two big deposits.
Copies of passport pages with visa stamps of counties (twice Dubai, and Saudi Arabia) they have travelled since last rejection.
Good. Even better if you mention that they haven't got new passports since then (i.e. stamps are still visible)
Sister's college registration letter - she's doing a 2 years diploma
course.
Is it a prestige college? Was a huge "donation" paid? If not then include this but realise it doesn't add much credibility.
A local banqueting hall’s booking letter, confirming my daughter’s party of 85 people.
>>An invitation card
>>Birth certificate of my daughter and my sister's son
>>My salary slips and bank statements
>>My House documents that I own
I would clear in my mind exactly what each document is intended to support. It sounds like a mish-mash. Documents intended to demonstrate sponsor's finances are preferably kept separate from documents intending to show reason for visit are preferably kept separate from documents showing they have reason to go back. Documents like invitation cards, hall booking receipts etc are a side show. They make your application look like it was carefully compiled. They do not prove anything.
Honestly, there is nothing to hide .. they just want to come, see their grandkids and go back!!!
You don't get it! The IO starts with the suspicion they want to live here illegally. He then looks at everything submitted in the past and present to find something that supports his suspicions. Just one teeny little document, just one apparently contradictory claim. The onus, my friend, is big time on you to prove without a shadow of doubt every single qualification they are required to meet.

And that's for every single one of them. If you prove that mum and dad have enough to go back to but all you've got for your sister is a third rate college course she's attending then you haven't proved your sister has enough reason to go back.
I was unable to judge the bona fides of your sponsor as I have been unable to speak to them at the time of decision.
BS. They said it both times. They may have called once in the middle of the working day and hung up after half a ring. They have no incentive to make contact with you, don't assume they will.

You can PM me for a lawyer I've used. I've met with several immigration lawyers before I decided that this one was the best and I recommend this lawyer highly. Using a very, very good immigration lawyer only means that your job is a teeny, weeny bit easier. That's it. You still need to be prepared for a lot more than minimal words. For every hour of work the lawyer put into the last application I made, I put in 100 hours. No kidding. I even went down to India for 10 days to organise some of the documentary evidence myself. Difficult cases require a lot of resolve, tenacity, intelligence and time (not to mention money). And even then there's no guarantee. Expect to go to the IAT when you get the big decision.

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Sun May 17, 2009 8:50 am

You could always try Immigration Advisory Service, they will assess based on your income and strength of your case!!!

I am currently using them and they have been very efficient and very helpful.

If you go on their website then you can use the calculator to assess if they can help you.
???REUNITED???

shez_78
Newly Registered

Post by shez_78 » Tue May 19, 2009 7:47 am

Thanks bototo, prettypolitical :-)

I have finally spoken to the Immigration Advisory Service in pakistan, they have two services, full legal advice and they can write a cover letter on their letterhead ... the fee diff is huge .. first one is 2000 rs, other is 15,000 .. does anyone know the diff between the two?

thanks

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Tue May 19, 2009 1:42 pm

I would imagine what they are saying is they can write you a letter, which anyone could do or they could provide you with a full service. For example helping you to prepare all documents and also to be your representative throughout the procedure. They will advise you of all documentation, proof or evidence needed. I have found them to be really helpful!!!.

Maybe its worth asking them but from what you are saying I would imagine that it is something I have advised above>

Let me know how you get on!
???REUNITED???

shez_78
Newly Registered

Post by shez_78 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:49 pm

Just to thank you all and give you updates .. they all got the visas - 6 months .....

thanks again .

cheers

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:00 pm

shez_78 wrote:Just to thank you all and give you updates .. they all got the visas - 6 months .....

thanks again .

cheers
Aaah... Glad it all worked out for you in the end. :)

shez_78
Newly Registered

Post by shez_78 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:04 pm

tell me about it !!! :-)

Anyone - if you need any help on what doucments we supplied, just pm me or reply to this post .. Its time to give something back to this forum..

cheers

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:22 pm

Thats really good news, well done and hope you all have a happy and stress free life, ha ha ha ha!
???REUNITED???