ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 entrepreneur initial - no response yet

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 entrepreneur initial - no response yet

Post by bizman » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:18 pm

The published standard processing time is 8 weeks, so its still within the time. You can possibly call HO on Wednesday and tell them it has passed the standard time. However it is also good that you were not given a complex letter, it possibly show that your presentation is ok and case is not complex.
Bizman

Shak007
India

Post by Shak007 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:08 pm

bizman wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:18 pm
The published standard processing time is 8 weeks, so its still within the time. You can possibly call HO on Wednesday and tell them it has passed the standard time. However it is also good that you were not given a complex letter, it possibly show that your presentation is ok and case is not complex.
Thanks Bizman.. Mine is initial application and I have already transferred the money to bank statement and my business plan is also based on bitcoin technology (submitted the business plan well before bitcoin became a sensation in the last month).. if it is not complex, for what reasons they hold the application from
Approving ? Any idea ?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:52 pm

Shak007 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:31 am
Hi experts,

I applied tier 1 entrepreneur initial application within UK exactly 5 weeks before and completed biometric 4 weeks back and yet to get any response from HO, not even complex letter.

Is this normal ? I went through the timelines post and noticed atleast a complex letter is sent within a month even if visa process takes a longer time, really worried

Thanks
Shak
There are no normal or abnormal timelines. Remember that not every visa applicant is on this forum
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Shak007
India

Re: Tier 1 entrepreneur initial - approved

Post by Shak007 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:11 pm

Thank you all for your help in the last 2 Months especially marcnath.. finally I got my resident permit (tier 1 initial PBS dependent). Have few questions

1. We are yet to get the BRP for main applicant, I assume we don’t need to worry.

2. The visa validity is only for 3 years and not 3 years 4 months.. any reason ?

Thanks
Shak

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:28 pm

BRPs will arrive in few days. When you switch in the UK, only 3 years visa will be granted
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Shak007
India

Post by Shak007 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:35 pm

Thank you zimba as always.. any reason for this ?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:39 pm

Read the guide. You only get 3 years visa if you switch in the UK according to the rules
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:41 pm

Shak007 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:35 pm
Thank you zimba as always.. any reason for this ?
That is clearly set out in the guidance.
I assume they take the visa normally as 3 yrs + 2 yrs, but if you are applying from outside the country, the 4 months help you plan and make the move - it would be impractical to start the business on the day you get the visa if you are not in the UK
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Shak007
India

Re: Tier 1 entrepreneur initial - successful

Post by Shak007 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:14 pm

Thank you once again for all the people who helped in the journey to get visa..

Finally got my BRP and passport today..took nearly 68 days from application to receiving all documents..

All the best for all the people waiting for good news.. will be active again here may be after a year.. till then bye for all..
Thanks
Shak