ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Probationary citizenship

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Emma84

Post by Emma84 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:19 am

Of course they don't know what it means. I read the Green Paper from cover to cover twice and still don't understand most of what they are after.

This whole scheme is half-baked, all that paper deals with is migrants who are not even here yet. It doesn't look like they've bothered to figure out how they'll deal with those of us who already have FLR or ILR.

Are they even going to bother to read all those consultation papers we send in? And if they do, will they bother to tell us what's going on? Probably not.

tobiashomer

Post by tobiashomer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:38 pm

Ah, Emma84, don't be too sure about anything. Once they realise that the policy as described in the Green Paper will not produce statistics of migrant-reducton until one or two Parliaments hence, they will find ways to catch thise already here, one way or the other.

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:00 pm

Yes the Green Paper is meaningless in terms of reducing the numbers of immigrant's ,because the real problem is the amount of non English speaking migrants from eastern Europe.
If the HO wants to restricted the movement of these people in the same way as France, Germany, Spain and Italy, maybe the figures would look better.
But no former Commonwealth citizens are esay targets!

Anyhow, Tobias there is nothing we can do about what ever the out come is of this Green paper, other than to vote against Labour in the next election, if we have'nt been turf out of the country by then.

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:46 pm

Siggi wrote:Anyhow, Tobias there is nothing we can do about what ever the out come is of this Green paper, other than to vote against Labour in the next election, if we have'nt been turf out of the country by then.
Or go somewhere else, where the weather is nicer :)

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:57 pm

Yes just a few more months and I will have this .....@%$..passport and then I wil leave this money grabbing island and it's wonderfull welfare state.

No more taxes contribution from me to wasted on pregant teenager,failed aslym seekers and the so called disabled !