ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working while waiting for Residence Car

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Re: Working while waiting for Residence Car

Post by Richard W » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:39 pm

europehelpme wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:04 pm
What is the best way to respond to her without getting to fancy and complex quoting European directives?
Tell her that she can secure a 'statutory excuse' by phoning the Home Office with details from the CoA. It's the UK procedures for 'right-to-work checks' that matter, not EU directives. Warn her that the CoA might not yet be thoroughly recorded in the relevant databases, and she might have to repeat the check if they don't confirm the CoA.

KID1413
Taiwan

Post by KID1413 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:52 am

europehelpme wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:44 pm
Hi all,

I am a non-EEA national married to a Spanish passport holder with a European ID card.

I have entered the UK on a 6 month EEA Family Permit.

I have sent the application off for the 5 year Residence card. As per the application I had to send my passport and my spouse's passport for the application. My spouse still has her ID card however.

I have just been offered a job and the employer wants to see my right to work in the uk.

I don't have a copy of my passport so can not provide the passport to show I have a 6 month EEA permit while waiting for the Residence card.

Would I be able to show my marriage certificate and my spouses EEA national id card to prove I have the right to work in the UK? Technically, the Residence card is not really needed to show right to work in the UK?

If they do not approve the above strategy and want to see my passport to prove I have the right to work in the UK can I request my passport back whilst the Residence Card is being processed or will this jeopardise my Residence Card application?

I am still waiting for the C.O.A letter to come.
Next time try using the European Passport Return service as you do not need to send your passport.

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

Post by europehelpme » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:08 pm

KID1413 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:52 am
europehelpme wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:44 pm
Hi all,

I am a non-EEA national married to a Spanish passport holder with a European ID card.

I have entered the UK on a 6 month EEA Family Permit.

I have sent the application off for the 5 year Residence card. As per the application I had to send my passport and my spouse's passport for the application. My spouse still has her ID card however.

I have just been offered a job and the employer wants to see my right to work in the uk.

I don't have a copy of my passport so can not provide the passport to show I have a 6 month EEA permit while waiting for the Residence card.

Would I be able to show my marriage certificate and my spouses EEA national id card to prove I have the right to work in the UK? Technically, the Residence card is not really needed to show right to work in the UK?

If they do not approve the above strategy and want to see my passport to prove I have the right to work in the UK can I request my passport back whilst the Residence Card is being processed or will this jeopardise my Residence Card application?

I am still waiting for the C.O.A letter to come.
Next time try using the European Passport Return service as you do not need to send your passport.
I am going to request my passport back now; I recently received my COA.

Does requesting back the passport back slow down the application in anyway?

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

Post by europehelpme » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:08 pm

europehelpme wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:18 pm
Has it recently changed?

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-resid ... rd/replace

"You can apply for a new residence card or permanent residence card if the passport containing your old residence card has expired - you can’t transfer it to a new passport.

If you don’t get a new card for your new passport, you’ll have to carry both your expired passport and your new passport when you travel."

To me this implies it is in the passport? Or has it recently changed?

???