ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HOME OFFICE VISIT CROYDON ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Yasmin
Newly Registered

Post by Yasmin » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:41 pm

thirdwave wrote:
Yasmin wrote:I`m afraid that's true.However, he might be able to get a multiple entry Schengen visa(it's issued free to spouses of EU nationals) valid for 2-3 years now that he has ILR and most EU countries are part of the Schengen zone anyway..

Some people on here (no disrespect) recommend that non EU spouses of EU nationals use Directive 2004/38/EC while travelling within the EU but there have been instances where people have encountered difficulties while using the route and I would still suggest applying for a visa, especially if your husband is currently a Pakistani national..

Check this link for further details on the Directive..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=15545

Hello

Thank you ever so much for your prompt response :). I was not aware that you could apply for a multiple entry Scheghen Visa. If that is the case we will apply for that as it just makes it easier for any trips to Europe. I assume you have to go to the country that you will be travelling to in order to get the visa? Does this take a long time?
I just find it very frustrating that he is not able to apply for a UK passport yet as it just makes travelling abroad so much easier as I love travelling. But I guess we will have to wait for another couple of years for him to apply for naturalisation.

Thanks once again for all your help

Yasmin
You apply at the consulate of the country you initially plan to travel to. I would advise you to apply at the Belgian Consulate as it is the only Schengen country that allows postal applications for applicants living outside the M25 and does not require you to ring any absurdly expensive 0906 numbers. Processing time is usually 2 working days but around 4-6 weeks for certain nationalities, including Pakistani. However, it is free of charge for spouses of EU nationals and your husband would only be required to provide both your passports, marriage certificate and 2 passport size photographs..

Link to the Belgian Visa Application Centre in the UK

http://www.vfs-be-uk.com/
Hello Third Wave

Thank you ever so much for this.

Does that mean then we would need to go via Belgium to another European Country for example if we wanted to go to spain from Belgium we would be able to apply for a multi entru visa?

Thanks once again for all your help you are very helpful as always.

Yasmin

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:23 pm

Yasmin wrote:
thirdwave wrote:
Yasmin wrote:I`m afraid that's true.However, he might be able to get a multiple entry Schengen visa(it's issued free to spouses of EU nationals) valid for 2-3 years now that he has ILR and most EU countries are part of the Schengen zone anyway..

Some people on here (no disrespect) recommend that non EU spouses of EU nationals use Directive 2004/38/EC while travelling within the EU but there have been instances where people have encountered difficulties while using the route and I would still suggest applying for a visa, especially if your husband is currently a Pakistani national..

Check this link for further details on the Directive..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=15545

Hello

Thank you ever so much for your prompt response :). I was not aware that you could apply for a multiple entry Scheghen Visa. If that is the case we will apply for that as it just makes it easier for any trips to Europe. I assume you have to go to the country that you will be travelling to in order to get the visa? Does this take a long time?
I just find it very frustrating that he is not able to apply for a UK passport yet as it just makes travelling abroad so much easier as I love travelling. But I guess we will have to wait for another couple of years for him to apply for naturalisation.

Thanks once again for all your help

Yasmin
You apply at the consulate of the country you initially plan to travel to. I would advise you to apply at the Belgian Consulate as it is the only Schengen country that allows postal applications for applicants living outside the M25 and does not require you to ring any absurdly expensive 0906 numbers. Processing time is usually 2 working days but around 4-6 weeks for certain nationalities, including Pakistani. However, it is free of charge for spouses of EU nationals and your husband would only be required to provide both your passports, marriage certificate and 2 passport size photographs..

Link to the Belgian Visa Application Centre in the UK

http://www.vfs-be-uk.com/
Hello Third Wave

Thank you ever so much for this.

Does that mean then we would need to go via Belgium to another European Country for example if we wanted to go to spain from Belgium we would be able to apply for a multi entru visa?

Thanks once again for all your help you are very helpful as always.

Yasmin
Once your husband gets a multi entry Schengen visa from any embassy, he would be free to travel to any schengen country regardless of which country the visa was issued for..However, try to make the 1st trip on the visa to the country which issued it as they don't like people 'visa shopping' (getting visa from one consulate and travelling to a different country in the first instance)

JFLE007
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by JFLE007 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:04 pm

Hi to all;

I am planning to apply for ILR and if some one help me in regards to application,

which type of document need to submit
and do we need to submit for last two years or more,
how many salary slip,
does it make any difference if i have one gap while shifting/changing the emplyment,
my wife is also out of uk for more then 10 months, does it make any difference

please advice

whirly

Post by whirly » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:45 pm

Hi Yasmin,

Thought I would let you know that I decided to bite the bullet and pay the extra £200 for premium service. Went to Croydon today and got my ILR!

You were right - they wanted everything by date, in order from oldest to newest. The IO further sorted my docs by name, making piles for my name and my husband's, for each year.

I prepared way more than is actually required:
- Joint bank account statements (June 2006 - present)
- Joint credit card statements (June 2006 - present)
- Mortgage
- Pay slips for husband and myself
- Council tax bills
- Letters from HM Rev & Customs
- ISA statements
- TV licensing bills
- Water bills
- Electricity bills
- Mobile bills
- Broadband bills
- Pension statements
- NHS letters
- ...and other assorted docs

In all, we had:
- 34 distinct document sources
- 54 different docs, plus bank & credit card statements for 21 months each
- 22 docs in my name, plus pay slips for 18 months
- 24 docs in my husband's name, plus pay slips for 4 months
- 3 docs in joint names, plus bank & credit card statements

The IO only asked for the docs from each month and one mortgage statement. She did not look at our bank statements, credit card statements, or pay slips. (NB: This does not mean that other people should not prepare this kind of evidence! I think it is very important to show evidence of funds, but some of the docs we presented for each month showed our finances, so she did not need more in my case.)

She was very kind and chatty. I am sure it helped that I was well-prepared...and going on a Friday afternoon was probably a good move, too. The IO's don't want to be there late, either!

In all, it took me 1 hr 45 mins from entering the building to leaving with ILR in my passport.

Good luck to everyone else! Now, on to Form AN... :)

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:27 pm

whirly wrote:The IO only asked for the docs from each month and one mortgage statement.
Not sure I understood what you meant above. Which 'docs from each month' are you referring to?
And does 'each month' mean 'each month over the last 5 years'?

Congrats to you for obtaining ILR.

whirly

Post by whirly » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:53 pm

Sorry - I was unclear.

I had separated my docs largely into 2 categories: evidence of funds, accommodation & employment; and docs covering the 2 (for ILR thru spouse) years.

So bank statements, credit card statements, pay slips and mortgage were separate from everything else... but within the 'docs covering the 2 years' we had things like ISAs and pension which gave some indication of finances.

We provided at least 1 doc per month over 24 months, PLUS all the bank statements etc. They only asked for mortgage info because it was not listed within the monthly items.

Like I said, we prepared more than we needed, but made a point of balancing docs/sources between the 2 names, and making sure we had something for each month.

Good luck!