ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WHERE TO START

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Flo-con
Newly Registered
France

Re: WHERE TO START

Post by Flo-con » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:51 pm

I would be very interested in knowing what is meant by "2.Have they lived with you at an address not already given during the relevant qualifying period?" as well.

I am a french citizen who moved in to the UK with his non-EEA citizen wife looking to get the registration certificate.

Thank you

Flo-con
Newly Registered
France

Post by Flo-con » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:38 pm

Actually I should specify, I am applying for a registration certificate (EEA QP) as a French citizen working and living in the UK at the same time as I would like my wife to get a UK residence permit (she's not from the EEA). The paper form application for a EEA(QP) does not allow spouses to be added "You cannot include your family members on this form. If you have a partner, family members or other relatives, and they wish to apply for a registration certificate or residence card, they must apply separately".
But in the online form, I was able to add my wife as a participant.

When I questioned the UK immigration phone line about it, of course, they had no clue. They kept referring to the paper application which doesn't allow spouses and said that this question "Have they lived with you at an address not already given during the relevant qualifying period" only applies for EEA PR.

I am wondering if the online form could be mistaken.

Thank you.

Flo-con
Newly Registered
France

Post by Flo-con » Tue May 01, 2018 3:59 pm

If anyone is interested, after talking to an immigration advisor, it seems like this is a current "BUG" of the online immigration application system. It should not be asking this question ("Have they lived with you at an address not already given during the relevant qualifying period?") for an EEA QP application because it is mean for EEA PR applications. I was advised to reply no to it.

Also, I was advised that filling out this EEA QP online application and adding my wife to it was perfectly fine and that I (the EEA citizen working in the UK) will be considered for a registration certificate and my wife (non-EEA citizen) will be considered for a UK residence card. So the online application does indeed allow adding participants.

progazna
India

Post by progazna » Tue May 22, 2018 8:35 pm

Thanks Fio-con for your contribution
It will helps for future aplicants.

amro2012
Mood:
Brazil

Post by amro2012 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:46 pm

Just to update and thanks for everyone helped me here in the forum