ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP to HSMP.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

besttime
Newly Registered

Post by besttime » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:05 pm

Hi All,

Please advise me on the best way forward for my situation.
I have applied for HSMP and will be getting it soon. After this my company has started WP processing for me. Now the questions are
:
1) Can I hold both WP visa and HSMP approval letter?
2) If I plan to go for HSMP visa when i already have WP visa, what is the process? Can this be done from UK itself or from India only?
3) Assuming I get the HSMP visa, the WP visa will be cancelled, in that case is it possible to work at UK with salary being paid to India Payroll?

Cheerios
Pal!

ammu28

Post by ammu28 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:58 pm

besttime wrote:
1) Can I hold both WP visa and HSMP approval letter?

You can hold both the approval letters. But only one visa stamped will be valid.

2) If I plan to go for HSMP visa when i already have WP visa, what is the process? Can this be done from UK itself or from India only?

The WP will get cancelled. HSMP EC (known as FLR) can be done from UK.

3) Assuming I get the HSMP visa, the WP visa will be cancelled, in that case is it possible to work at UK with salary being paid to India Payroll?

Yes , you can get the salary..
Cheerios
Pal!
Regards
Ammu

besttime
Newly Registered

Post by besttime » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:37 pm

Hi Ammu

Thanks a lot for your reply. About getting the HSMP EC done from UK, are you sure that it can be done from UK? coz i heard that EC can be done from UK only in case when a candidate has got the wp converted to hsmp when they are already staying UK since long time. In my case I have applied for hsmp from India.

Cheers!
Besttime

Bhairav
Newly Registered

Post by Bhairav » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:55 pm

Hi there,

I was reading through this post and have a similar query.

I was there in UK till march 08 on a WP and now am in india. I am planning to apply for tier 1 visa. I have perpared all the documents while in Uk itself. Also I have filled the general tier 1 application form. Also I wasnning to send the application through a friend in UK.So now from India, do I need to fill the EC tier 1 application form and apply from India?