ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - Making a complaint for Tier 2 dependent visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Timeline after successful administrative review

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:58 am

Its pretty insane how long it takes these people to issue the visas for the amount of money they charge for the whole process. I had a succesful admin review on the 28th Dec and was told to submit passport. Submitted passport on Jan 2nd and am still waiting.

You submitted passport 3 days ago. You are not the only person waiting or being dealt with!!
What can I do to harras these people?

Harrassment is a criminal offence.
Considering just going to UK since im a no visa national and just picking up the BRP. Would that be illegal?
You cannot do that as you have to present your passport with Tier 2 and your entry stamp which they stamp on your 30 day visa vignette.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Grenze
Mood:
Germany

Post by Grenze » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:58 am
Its pretty insane how long it takes these people to issue the visas for the amount of money they charge for the whole process. I had a succesful admin review on the 28th Dec and was told to submit passport. Submitted passport on Jan 2nd and am still waiting.

You submitted passport 3 days ago. You are not the only person waiting or being dealt with!!

Yes and the email said they are ready to issue the visa. I just flew to the other side of a country to pick this up and its not there. I don't know why "come here to get the visa" if it wasn't even ready. They need to be way more specific with these emails so I am not wasting time, money and having anxiety attacks. My wallet was stolen a few weeks back and my only way of getting money is using my passport.

I mean who can I call to get more information regarding this?
Considering just going to UK since im a no visa national and just picking up the BRP. Would that be illegal?
You cannot do that as you have to present your passport with Tier 2 and your entry stamp which they stamp on your 30 day visa vignette.
So I have to present the vignette to pick up the BRP?
Since legally I have been granted entry clearance and I am visa waiver national can't I in theory do this? I don't know the process. Do I get two things stamped in my passport or just the vignette? The job is expecting me to start next week. This is not fair at all :cry:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:08 pm

Grenze wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:06 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:58 am

Yes and the email said they are ready to issue the visa. I just flew to the other side of a country to pick this up and its not there. I don't know why "come here to get the visa" if it wasn't even ready. They need to be way more specific with these emails so I am not wasting time, money and having anxiety attacks. My wallet was stolen a few weeks back and my only way of getting money is using my passport.

I mean who can I call to get more information regarding this?
So I have to present the vignette to pick up the BRP?
Since legally I have been granted entry clearance and I am visa waiver national can't I in theory do this? I don't know the process. Do I get two things stamped in my passport or just the vignette? The job is expecting me to start next week. This is not fair at all :cry:
No you cant come into the UK stamped in as a visitor. You need your tier 2 visa vignette stamped on arrival to activate the visa and the start of your residence on a non visitor visa. You need to present the oassport and stamped tier 2 vignette to collect your BRP.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Grenze
Mood:
Germany

Post by Grenze » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:10 pm

Alright I understand thanks for the reply. Do you know a number I can call to find out the status of this?