ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Refused due to Home Office Error 2018

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HamzahB786
Pakistan

Re: Spouse Visa Refused due to Home Office Error 2018

Post by HamzahB786 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:16 pm

Khokhar1980 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:33 pm
They didnt over turned my decision unfortunately and I have been given a court date in June...
My husband was self employed and first they refused my application on the basis that they didn't receive my sponsors SA 302. But in appeal we sent them SA 302 plus accountant letter which was also sent earlier..But now Visa officer refused my appeal again by saying that we didn't provide in audited accounts ...my husband asked lawyer for that but he said that it is not needed....
It is too frustrated....we were havinv thaf but HO never asked us to provide un Audited account. But now when as had got the court date, they said they ll upheld their refusal decision coz we didn't provide them un audited accounts which were actually in our hands...
Pls advice what to do next as I have no hopes with my layer...
Please request for advice....
Please...
Hi, if u are trying to reconsider your application
and have sent in documents they asked for, hoping they overturn

How long do they usually take to get back in touch with you?
and How will they get back in touch with us with a response??

HamzahB786
Pakistan

Post by HamzahB786 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:35 am

lukus wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:34 pm
Just remember the Director General of UK immigration's e-mail is available online, and is a viable avenue to persue when various normal options fail, or there is seemingly no other place to point to.

We got our decision overturned by contacting him (though it's typically passed on to Director General’s Office). They almost always reply same day, sometimes multiple times in a day. From the day we got our decision back, it was overturned before the window for an appeal went.

Our application being declined was due to our own mistake too, nethertheless for one of possibly two options, they were able to overturn it.

They have very strict rules and pretty much no flexibility unless it's it written in immigration law, so don't just expect something that may seem as common sense to prevail. However, my experience with UK immigration is that they are extremely respectful, kind and will try to help you as much as possible - this is not just limited to DG's office but even immigration /passport control @ the airport as per our experiences, vs other countries.

Just remember to write respectfully if choosing this option. I noticed aswell they attached an e-mail in a response (from another department) which on my phone, won't show said attachment, so keep this in mind also as it changes the response quite substantially..
I have taken ur advice and sent an email to the Director Generals office
Basically stating why i was refused (missing documents)
and if they could have a re-look into the application and reconsider.
And that i have sent all the missing documents yesterday on Monday 11/02/2019

Khayrulewara
Pakistan

Post by Khayrulewara » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:27 pm

lukus wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:34 pm
Just remember the Director General of UK immigration's e-mail is available online, and is a viable avenue to persue when various normal options fail, or there is seemingly no other place to point to.

We got our decision overturned by contacting him (though it's typically passed on to Director General’s Office). They almost always reply same day, sometimes multiple times in a day. From the day we got our decision back, it was overturned before the window for an appeal went.

Our application being declined was due to our own mistake too, nethertheless for one of possibly two options, they were able to overturn it.

They have very strict rules and pretty much no flexibility unless it's it written in immigration law, so don't just expect something that may seem as common sense to prevail. However, my experience with UK immigration is that they are extremely respectful, kind and will try to help you as much as possible - this is not just limited to DG's office but even immigration /passport control @ the airport as per our experiences, vs other countries.

Just remember to write respectfully if choosing this option. I noticed aswell they attached an e-mail in a response (from another department) which on my phone, won't show said attachment, so keep this in mind also as it changes the response quite substantially..

Can I ask why u were refused?
And how long it took to overturn

Khayrulewara
Pakistan

Post by Khayrulewara » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:32 pm

Hi everyone. I have been refused Visa for hubby too. And we have appealed for decision hoping they will overturn because we were not at fault. We applied for Ireland Visa in 2016 and then we withdrew that in 2017. But home office said we were refused that Ireland Visa when we were not refused. They said were refused on 13 November 2017. But we sent email on 8 November 2017 saying we want our documents back and we want to withdraw decision. So now we have appealed. And hoping they overturn the decision. I also have a disabled daughter which they didn't even care about. She has a heart problem. And they didn't even take that into matter or even look at that.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:43 pm

Khayrulewara wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:32 pm
Hi everyone. I have been refused Visa for hubby too. And we have appealed for decision hoping they will overturn because we were not at fault. We applied for Ireland Visa in 2016 and then we withdrew that in 2017. But home office said we were refused that Ireland Visa when we were not refused. They said were refused on 13 November 2017. But we sent email on 8 November 2017 saying we want our documents back and we want to withdraw decision. So now we have appealed. And hoping they overturn the decision. I also have a disabled daughter which they didn't even care about. She has a heart problem. And they didn't even take that into matter or even look at that.
You have a topic and have not bothered to respond to my post from 6th February either.

immigration-for-family-members/appeal-r ... l#p1738036

See also point 12 in the link below. You have also been asked not to tag onto other members topic. You should also not spam the same post in multiple threads either.

announcements/read-me-getting-started-t ... 24804.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.