ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA1 and EEA2 and benefits

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mastersimon
Newly Registered

Post by mastersimon » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:17 pm

does all these rules apply to EEA residents when they self-employed as well ? as i've got the same problem my wife is an eea national, and i'm a non EEA i've applied for EEA2 but it was refused this spring (after 18 months of waiting) since she was self sufficent but had no health insurance, she has been a self employed for a couple of months now, paying her national insurance contributions to the goverment,we have reapllied to EEA2. Now I was made redundent last month and lost a well payed job, now got to find anything realy, but wont be enough to support us, is it possible to claim CTC WTC for us ? we currently claiming CB, i'm i allowed to claim job seekers allowance since i was made redundant and paid a lot of taxes
Thank you

appealer
Newly Registered

BENIFITS FOR EEA NATIONALS

Post by appealer » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:32 pm

HI to all
my cousin and her wife and two small children came to live in uk from portugal ,holding portugese natainality,n he is looking for work ,,beneifits ,like housing,tax credits ,n wut other bebifits are they eligible,,advice wll be much appreciated.
thanx

Fmar
Newly Registered

Eea 2 and bnefits

Post by Fmar » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:13 am

Hello everyone. I got a simple issue and hope someone can gimme a hint:
My wife is italian and im brazilian. We r in london for 1 year and 6 months. She started working here in the first 2 weeks after we arrived and has always worked. I applied for my eea2 in sept 2010 and got my residence card i in feb,2011. I still looking for a job and now the question:
Can she apply for housing benefits? It will affect my visa after 5 years?
Thank you guys in advance for the help!