ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

home office

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FlandersFields
Newly Registered

Post by FlandersFields » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:23 pm

Mr Rusty wrote:I'm sure that's exactly how it happened, and it suggests that information about revocations of leave is not transferred to the database that immigration officers use on the passport control - quite a loophole really, as he'd have gone back on the next plane if his details had been notified.
Spoke to the police today and threatened them with their complaints procedure and they finally linked up with UKBA. After a lot of to-ing and fro-ing, she came back to me with "Ok thanks, I've forwarded the info on and await a response, she [UKBA IO] seems to think that he has possibly come back into the UK under a different name. I will keep you posted."

So maybe they're finally getting their act together!!