ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancé Visa - From USA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jonah
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Fiancé Visa - From USA

Post by Jonah » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:25 pm

dillonuw wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:56 pm
Yes, I am going for Settlement - Civil Partnership (same forms and process as fiance).

Just attended bio appointment yesterday. They gave me a paper that says everything must be sent to the New York address, it listed an order that they want the supporting docs in, and it said you have 5 days to post it via UPS (and only UPS now).

You should get the same page when you attend bio. It is marked "effective 10 Sept 2018" at the top.

(I will try to post the full page when I can, it might help some others that have yet to attend biometrics.)
Great thanks for the response. My fiancé went and had the same leaflet.

At least it’s clear now for others.

mylittletiger
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mylittletiger » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:08 pm

Hi

Any news regarding your application via New York scanning Hub

Btw did you apply for the Priority service.

I applied for a priority UK spouse visa and had my biometrics done on the 20th September 2018 but still have no decision.

Thanks

K

Jonah
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jonah » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:01 pm

Hi,

There seemed to be a delay from documents getting from NYC scanning hub to Sheffield. The timelines I’ve seen usually have one week from arrival to ECO assessing case. We had over four weeks.

Yes. We applied with priority service.

Application online 21st September
Biometrics 25th September
Decision made email 27th November - 45 business days (after escalation on 30 days)
Passport arrived yesterday to fiancée (3 day UPS return) with visa.

I would say it’s worth calling/emailing to escalate, they usually give you a definitive decision within 15 BDs, ours was at 11pm on the last day. It’s important to make a note of the reference if you do escalate.

Good luck!

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:14 pm

The first decisions made since the change of sending to New York are starting to filter through. It's been a massive shake-up and I don't think they were very prepared (shock!!) so decisions of priority applications are taking at least 30 BD from the US.

mylittletiger
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mylittletiger » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:14 pm

Hi

Thanks so much for the update

It’s so stressful not being able to plan ahead

Hopefully we will hear something soon at least I know it’s starting to work

Regards

K

Jonah
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jonah » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:37 pm

Hi,

My American fiancée has a fiancée visa for the UK as above but I was wondering if she could visit the US for a short trip (e.g. 4-5 days) and return to the US. Then return a few weeks later for the wedding? I think the visa is a multi-entry visa but I just want to be sure. Funnily enough, the last time she came for a short visit as a tourist, she wasn’t stopped at all by immigration, just filled in a form and then scanned passport. I’m wondering whether the same would happen or if she’ll be stopped at immigration on each entry.

Thanks

dillonuw
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by dillonuw » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:43 pm

Results from the New York hub are trickling out now. I got mine back:

Posted via UPS: October 4, 2018
"UKVI has accepted" email: December 14, 2018
"Decision made" email: December 20, 2018
Passport and documents returned: December 24, 2018

The good news: I was accepted! :D And it took about 30 fewer business days than the last time I sent it in to Sheffield, but YMMV.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:41 pm

Jonah wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:37 pm
Hi,

My American fiancée has a fiancée visa for the UK as above but I was wondering if she could visit the US for a short trip (e.g. 4-5 days) and return to the US. Then return a few weeks later for the wedding? I think the visa is a multi-entry visa but I just want to be sure. Funnily enough, the last time she came for a short visit as a tourist, she wasn’t stopped at all by immigration, just filled in a form and then scanned passport. I’m wondering whether the same would happen or if she’ll be stopped at immigration on each entry.

Thanks
As long as her fiance visa is not expired, this is fine. It is mulit-entry and you are even now permitted to honeymoon (travel out of and back to the UK) after the marriage has taken place and you aren't a fiance anymore.

Make sure you get the FLR(M) application submitted in good time - it allows her to work and use the NHS (albeit she will have to pay the IHS).