ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET M Continuous residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mizer
Morocco

Re: British passport for child reqd for SET M?

Post by mizer » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:54 am

tii051 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:00 pm
mizer wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:43 pm
tii051 wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:45 pm
Hi,

Can someone please confirm what I would need to send for my child with my SET M application.

He is British by birth as my husband is a British Citizen. But I don't have a passport for him.

Would Birth certificate suffice?
Could you show me which section on the set(M) application they ask about your child birth certificate,I filled the application completely and still only pay and submit it as soon my wife is eligible for ILR but on the final check list they didn't ask me about:
my British children(They asked only about applying children on this application)
My marriage certificate
declaration signed to confirme consent for Home Office to request verification checks 
Proof of sponsor decree absolute from previous marriage(the question was addressed to applicant only)
Which i found it weird and alarming,Anyone has already submitted his set(M) application can shed some light on my inquiry please,many thanks.
The paper form seem to have asked about details of any children. You are right, Online form doesn't. I sent birth certificate in support of other reasons to stay.

Which part did you find alarming?

I will share my supporting docs soon
thank you for your prompt reply,for be on safe side I will do same you add some evidence even is not clearly requested.My alarming part is on Financial section,I applied on category A with the current employer for my wife extension two years ago by showing 6 months pay-slips and 6 bank statements but the new online form is asking for 12 months payslips and bank statements as my earning is slight not the same amount monthly(to depend of how many hours I worked that month)
since the rules didn't change I should stick with category A but the Application form ask for the category B!! what shall I follow A or B?
What do they earn?

1-The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount? if i answer yes I will have to provide 6 months pay-slips and 6 months Bank statements
2-The same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount? N/P
3-Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount? if i answer yes I will have to provide 12 months pay-slips and 12 months Bank statements
4-Not the same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount?N/P

mizer
Morocco

Post by mizer » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:57 pm

R-graphite wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:28 pm
mizer wrote:
tii051 wrote:
Hi,

Can someone please confirm what I would need to send for my child with my SET M application.

He is British by birth as my husband is a British Citizen. But I don't have a passport for him.

Could you show me which section on the set(M) application they ask about your child birth certificate,I filled the application completly and still only pay and submit it as soon my wif is eligible for ILR but on the final check list they didnt ask me about:
my British children(They asked only about applying children on this application)
My marriage certificate
declaration signed to confirme consent for Home Office to request verification checks 
Proof of sponsor decree absolute from previous marriage(the question was addressed to applicant only)
Which i found it weird and alarming,Anyone has already submitted his set(M) application can shed some light on my enquiry please,many thanks.
Hello what is the proof of sponsor decree absolute? Do they need this? And what is it?
Decee absolute is the proof of previous marriage is terminated kind of divorce certificate.

tii051
United Kingdom

Re: SET M application on Maternity

Post by tii051 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:58 pm

mizer wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:33 pm
tii051 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:03 pm
I just wanted to update my post for anyone in a similar situation in future it might help. I received my BRP today.

Only relied on my salary for the application. Being on maternity thankfully did not delay or complicate the application. I did send my last 3 P60s and employment contract as additional evidence.
congratulation tii051,could you please share your support documents with us?
List of my supporting documents-

The passport – Applicant
Current Biometric Residence Permit
Two passport photos for Spouse
Two passport photos for Applicant
Spouse’s passport
Declaration signed by partner
A Life in the UK test pass notification letter
The UK Masters degree for English language required
Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK – British Child’s birth certificate
6 letters of correspondence for past 2.5 years
Evidence of council tax – Council Bill (was optional, but I sent it)
A letter from the employer – In addition to employment details they also confirmed the start and end of my maternity.
Payslips covering a period of 6 months before my maternity started
6 Months Personal bank statements for the same period
A signed contract of employment - for Applicant
A P60 for last 3 years
Marriage certificate (Not asked but sent anyway)
I also sent my husband's payslips and P60s as additional income evidence but didn't include it in the application.

In the covering letter I explained, I was on maternity so I have attached payslips and statements for 6 months before start of maternity date in line with appendix FM-SE

My earlier questions on this thread were confusions from the paper form because the distinction of evidence needed for partner route or parent route wasn’t clear. When I decided to apply online – the evidence required was clearly stated and it was much easier to just submit what was asked.

tii051
United Kingdom

Post by tii051 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:01 pm

mizer wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:54 am
tii051 wrote:
mizer wrote:
tii051 wrote:
Hi,

Could you show me which section on the set(M) application they ask about your child birth certificate,I filled the application completely and still only pay and submit it as soon my wife is eligible for ILR but on the final check list they didn't ask me about:
My marriage certificate
Which i found it weird and alarming,Anyone has already submitted his set(M) application can shed some light on my inquiry please,many thanks.
The paper form seem to have asked about details of any children. You are right, Online form doesn't. I sent birth certificate in support of other reasons to stay.

thank you for your prompt reply,for be on safe side I will do same you add some evidence even is not clearly requested.My alarming part is on Financial section,I applied on category A with the current employer for my wife extension two years ago by showing 6 months pay-slips and 6 bank statements but the new online form is asking for 12 months payslips and bank statements as my earning is slight not the same amount monthly(to depend of how many hours I worked that month)
since the rules didn't change I should stick with category A but the Application form ask for the category B!! what shall I follow A or B?
What do they earn?

1-The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount? if i answer yes I will have to provide 6 months pay-slips and 6 months Bank statements
3-Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount? if i answer yes I will have to provide 12 months pay-slips and 12 months Bank statements
I am not sure about what category you should choose. You might want to start you own thread asking this and one of the very helpful moderators might be able to answer that better for you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:00 pm

tii051 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:01 pm
mizer wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:54 am
tii051 wrote:
mizer wrote:

My marriage certificate

What do they earn?

I am not sure about what category you should choose. You might want to start you own thread asking this and one of the very helpful moderators might be able to answer that better for you.
The user has their own topic but persists in tagging onto other members threads despite numerous request to desist from doing so.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mizer
Morocco

Post by mizer » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:32 am

tii051 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:58 pm
mizer wrote:
tii051 wrote:
I just wanted to update my post for anyone in a similar situation in future it might help. I received my BRP today.

Only relied on my salary for the application. Being on maternity thankfully did not delay or complicate the application. I did send my last 3 P60s and employment contract as additional evidence.

The passport – Applicant
Did they ask for it?
Did they ask for it?
Spouse’s passport
What kind of declaration it was?
Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK – British Child’s birth certificate
A letter from the employer – In addition to employment details they also confirmed the start and end of my maternity.
To who did you addressed ?
A P60 for last 3 years
I also sent my husband's payslips and P60s as additional income evidence but didn't include it in the application.
What about declaration to confirme consent for Home Office to request verification checks for the applicant and sponsor?

In the covering letter I explained, I was on maternity so I have attached payslips and statements for 6 months before start of maternity date in line with appendix FM-SE

My earlier questions on this thread were confusions from the paper form because the distinction of evidence needed for partner route or parent route wasn’t clear. When I decided to apply online – the evidence required was clearly stated and it was much easier to just submit what was asked.
Thank you for your support documents list.

tii051
United Kingdom

Post by tii051 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:32 pm

mizer wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:32 am
tii051 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:58 pm
mizer wrote:
tii051 wrote:

The passport – Applicant
Did they ask for it? YES but that was before sopra system. So I don't know if they have changed it. They did return my photos for some reason.
Did they ask for it? Same as above
Spouse’s passport
What kind of declaration it was? Was included in the online form for Spouse to accept sponsorship
To who did you addressed ? To whomsoever it may concern
A P60 for last 3 years
What about declaration to confirme consent for Home Office to request verification checks for the applicant and sponsor?
At the end of online form before payment, I gave my consent online

Thank you for your support documents list.

mizer
Morocco

Post by mizer » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:29 pm

what about sponsor consent?

are you talking about this declaration below? if so I believe is not the one of consent declaration to allowed home office to check your support documents!

Declaration
By sending this application, you confirm that to the best of your knowledge and belief the following is correct:
the information relating to the application
the supporting evidence

Also, the application will be processed according to the privacy policy and terms and conditions.
If false information is given, the application will be refused and the applicant may be banned from the UK and prosecuted.

I confirm that: (Required)

I am the applicant

I am a representative of the applicant and have been authorized to act on their behalf and have
discussed and confirmed the contents of this application with them

did you show your all or part of your original support documents at your appointment?
I heard that the passport will be uploaded by them using special scanner which can read the date on the passport stamps

tii051
United Kingdom

Re: SET M Continuous residence

Post by tii051 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:54 pm

mizer wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:29 pm

are you talking about this declaration below? if so I believe is not the one of consent declaration to allowed home office to check your support documents!

Declaration
By sending this application, you confirm that to the best of your knowledge and belief the following is correct:
the supporting evidence

Also, the application will be processed according to the privacy policy and terms and conditions.
If false information is given, the application will be refused and the applicant may be banned from the UK and prosecuted.

I am the applicant

I am a representative of the applicant and have been authorized to act on their behalf and have

did you show your all or part of your original support documents at your appointment?
I heard that the passport will be uploaded by them using special scanner which can read the date on the passport stamps
[/quote
mizer wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:29 pm

Declaration
the supporting evidence

I am the applicant

The checks for sponsor consent was part of sponsors declaration that was downloaded signed and sent with docs.

My application was not done under sopra system. It was prior to new system. I had sent docs by post. Didn't have an appointment.

mizer
Morocco

Re: SET M Continuous residence

Post by mizer » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:58 pm

It wasn't such consent page in my application what I can see only this declaration for the applicant :

"By sending this application, you confirm that to the best of your knowledge and belief the following is correct:
- the information relating to the application
- the supporting documents

But nothing about "consent for verification".
There is following form: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onsent.pdf which is for extenssion spouse visa application
Is the same one did you download signe and send it with docs.

Thanks in advance!