ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

case and legacy form

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Sun May 25, 2008 6:26 pm

that site requires login details... could i have password and username please??

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Sun May 25, 2008 6:44 pm

Post by 4444 » Sun May 25, 2008 6:51 pm

i think thats exactly what he meant

good luck and wish yu and yo family all the best

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Sun May 25, 2008 6:54 pm

Thanks 4444.. Main issue is job at the moment here.. I am desperate to work.. sick and tired of staying at home

Post by 4444 » Sun May 25, 2008 7:00 pm

i know how yu feel. its a shame they wont let any asylum seekers work. but do phone that no. yo never know maybe yo case ia actually a legacy case but yu did not know. if it is a legacy case then when yu get the address try to contact yo MP that yu were a family but yu were not send a questionairre. maybe yo MP might speed up things for yu. but remember its not an amnesty. yu have to have good legal grounds to stay especially yu since yu are no longer a dependent. so did the family who was in the same situation as yu claim asylum before yu or after yu.

Paulsmith

Post by Paulsmith » Sun May 25, 2008 7:04 pm

4444 wrote:i know how yu feel. its a shame they wont let any asylum seekers work. but do phone that no. yo never know maybe yo case ia actually a legacy case but yu did not know. if it is a legacy case then when yu get the address try to contact yo MP that yu were a family but yu were not send a questionairre. maybe yo MP might speed up things for yu. but remember its not an amnesty. yu have to have good legal grounds to stay especially yu since yu are no longer a dependent. so did the family who was in the same situation as yu claim asylum before yu or after yu.

If it's an asylum or human rights claim based on article 2 or 3 and is not being dealt with by the NAM then no doubt your case is a legacy case! All cases prior to march 2007 are legacy cases.
The first people to get their case considered are those who claimed asylum before July 2004.

Post by 4444 » Sun May 25, 2008 7:06 pm

Paulsmith wrote:
4444 wrote:i know how yu feel. its a shame they wont let any asylum seekers work. but do phone that no. yo never know maybe yo case ia actually a legacy case but yu did not know. if it is a legacy case then when yu get the address try to contact yo MP that yu were a family but yu were not send a questionairre. maybe yo MP might speed up things for yu. but remember its not an amnesty. yu have to have good legal grounds to stay especially yu since yu are no longer a dependent. so did the family who was in the same situation as yu claim asylum before yu or after yu.

If it's an asylum or human rights claim based on article 2 or 3 and is not being dealt with by the NAM then no doubt your case is a legacy case! All cases prior to march 2007 are legacy cases.
The first people to get their case considered are those who claimed asylum before July 2004.
so his case is definately a legacy case. i thought as much

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Sun May 25, 2008 7:19 pm

Yes right!! Our case should be legacy case but having seen other people who received these forms and granted stay, i have come to the final conclusion that all them families had children under the age of 18. ( My personal observation )

Since we are all over age apart from my younger sis who is going to be 16 in June thats why we are not being treated as legacy case??

Also we applied for SET(O) so i guess that also has changed the status..

I will def call up on that no :)

We did contact local MP who then wrote letter to HO asking the latest situation.. Received reply saying, case worker is handling their case and will be resolved soon... Resolve means Yes or No i guess...

Hope its Yes for us as we have lived here for very long time and intergrated into community so well :(

Post by 4444 » Sun May 25, 2008 8:11 pm

it doesnt matter that yu are over 16 yu can still be considered under legacy as a single. fingers crossed and good luck. also when yu 4n that no they are reluctant to answer the 4n so be patient . keep ringing and ringing they will eventually answer. try ringing them btwn 11am and 12pm

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Fri May 30, 2008 10:56 am

4444, I finally got my call to that no and girl gave me good news... Yes your case is legacy case and has been allocated to case worker... Thats all she confirmed when looked up in database after taking the HO Ref no.

We are now a bit relax... She gave me an address where i could write them and ask for latest situation.... I intend to do that at earliest so my question is,

Should i really write to them? If so then
What shall i write??

Thanks 4444 for all that.....

Post by 4444 » Fri May 30, 2008 11:25 am

did she give yu the address where your file is or the address for customer service unit. did yu ask for the address where your file is

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Fri May 30, 2008 11:28 am

YES i did...

Is it?
Case Resolution Directorate
PO BOX 1829
CR9 2TF

Cheers

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Sat May 31, 2008 10:51 pm

Finally received letter today from HO saying, you case is legacy case and has been allocated to case worker....

This letter was in respond to the one i wrote last month. Now should i meet my MP and ask him to get the latest or leave it till HO contacts us??

Thanks

Thandia

Post by Thandia » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:49 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:Sorry I disagree. A lot of ZIM failed asylum seekers who arrived before ZIM became a visa nation claimed asylum once caught out as long term overstayers. Their HR rights were in place once they claimed asylum as it moved the HR issue onto the current footing - wife kids etc etc. Many got ILR solely on HR.

ZIM asylum seekers post visa entry requirements are not treated in the same way. No one is getting ILR as a matter of course now. Give it a few more years of the current ZIM administration and things might change.

Mmmm I personally know lots of Zim asylum seekers who claimed asylum post 2004 who've been granted ILR outside the immigration rules ie. under the case resolution exercise. At least 5 were single people & about 10 or so families. Somehow, I doubt if 3 or 4 years residence qualifies as long residence. I think it all depends on your evidence & whether or not you fall within the scope of people who are being granted the discretionary ILR. Additionally if your country is a non-removal country (like Zimbabwe), you have a better chance of being granted ILR.

ccna
Newly Registered

Post by ccna » Mon May 04, 2009 9:53 pm

Hi there,

I'm a newbie on this forum and this is my situation:
My partner(woman from Benin-West africa) and I(man from Ivory Coast-west africa) came in dec 2001 as students,we had one child in 2005 and claimed asylum in march 2006.It was refused the same year.But because of the child I think we're still in a NASS accommodation and the Home Office continue to provide my partner and child with weekly benefits,but they cut mine.Our circumstances have since changed because we now have 3 children(a 3 & half year-old, 1 & half year-old, and a new born babe).Our sollicitor sent all 4 photos of each one of us with a later explaining everything 6 months ago.
Later...one week ago, I called the H.O. on their enquiry line and they told that my partner and I are not on the legacy case list.Is it tue? Where could we go from here? What does take for people to be on legacy case list? We are very disappointed for that and don't have a clue of what to do next. Do we go and see the MP to act on our behaf? do we stress the situation to our sollicitor(we're on legal aid) who really does not do us any favour on the progress of our case.We've been with him since 2007.Please we need guidance from all those who've been and done that and got their legacy case sorted with a positive response(ILR). Regards

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Wed May 06, 2009 11:27 am

Ohh i didn't realise I had posted a question here.

OK guys here is the good news..

I received ILR in Nov 2008. :D
Arrived UK in Dec 2000, Received ILR Oct 2008, Citizenship Approved March 2016.