ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents returned - including all passport photos. Odd?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

EastLondoner
United Kingdom

Timeframe for sending documents to Sheffield

Post by EastLondoner » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:38 pm

Hi all,
Just a very quick one - and hopefully the last message from me!
Does anyone know if there is a timeframe for sending Spouse visa supporting documents to Sheffield.

My wife has completed her online application, attended the VSF Global appointment and has sent the documents to me in England.

Unfortunately she forgot to include a couple of documents!

I've read on other threads that people have been given varying deadlines to get the documents to sheffield - 5 days...10 days....longer, but she hasn't been given a timeframe.

I just like to know whether I have time to wait for her to send them to me, or whether I need to send the documents to Sheffield ASAP.

Many thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Timeframe for sending documents to Sheffield

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:53 pm

Timeframe (deadline) to send documents slightly vary from country to country so double confirm from your local vfs centre. Also try to send documents to sheffield in one bundle by using royal mail recorded which conveniently deliver at HO pobox addresses
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

EastLondoner
United Kingdom

Post by EastLondoner » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:11 pm

Hi Seagul,

Yes, that's what I understood.
She didn't get much luck from the Japanese office though - they were friendly but for her questions just told her they couldn't advise and that she should check on the UKBA/Gov websites.
All we have to go on is 'as soon as possible after the online application' from their website. But this was the same website that said she also needed to take all documents to the appointment (she didn't!).

If I wait for her to send the missing docs, it will arrive in Sheffield just over 3 weeks after her online app, 2 weeks after VFS Global appointment.

If I send now, with scanned copies of her doc, the stuff will arrive a week earlier.

Fingers crossed it'll all be ok.

On a separate note - ive included around 40 sheets showing email correspondence over 3 years, and around 20-30 sheets of skype correspondence.
Would you say this is too much/not enough/about right?

(one screen shot per page - we tried 3 or 4, but it came out so small you could barely read it)

Thanks again.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:39 pm

10 working days from-bio-metrics date for priority applications and 20 working days for non-priority applications
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

EastLondoner
United Kingdom

Post by EastLondoner » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:30 pm

Not what I wanted to hear at all Londoner007, as will be touch and go, but cheers!

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:45 am

They expect to see the support documents in that period of times stated. Anything much later can cause ECO to make a decision without using the support documents.

Get it in as soon as possible.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

EastLondoner
United Kingdom

RE - Application form More contradictory info !

Post by EastLondoner » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:58 pm

Hi all,

I really didn't expect to be mailing again with questions, especially after submitting our application. But here I am!

Very quick one.

Does anyone know how many pages of the online application form should be printed and included with the supporting documents sent to Sheffield?

At her biometrics appointment the agent/contact at VSF Global Tokyo took page 1 from my wife, and told her she didn't need to include pages 2 and 3 in the supporting docs. As such we only included pages 4-13 (1-3 were apparently for biometrics only)

However, I have since seen an email from VSF Global stating that all pages should be submitted.

Does any one have any views on this? We have emailed UKVI but are not due a response yet.

If needed we can send all the relevant pages to Sheffield, but very aware that this could cause confusion.

I'm hoping I'm just worrying unnecessarily!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: RE - Application form More contradictory info !

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:51 pm

EastLondoner wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:58 pm
Hi all,

I really didn't expect to be mailing again with questions, especially after submitting our application. But here I am!

Very quick one.

Does anyone know how many pages of the online application form should be printed and included with the supporting documents sent to Sheffield?

At her biometrics appointment the agent/contact at VSF Global Tokyo took page 1 from my wife, and told her she didn't need to include pages 2 and 3 in the supporting docs. As such we only included pages 4-13 (1-3 were apparently for biometrics only)

However, I have since seen an email from VSF Global stating that all pages should be submitted.

Does any one have any views on this? We have emailed UKVI but are not due a response yet.

If needed we can send all the relevant pages to Sheffield, but very aware that this could cause confusion.

I'm hoping I'm just worrying unnecessarily!
Print & forward all pages including guidance too just as a precaution.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

EastLondoner
United Kingdom

Re: RE - Application form More contradictory info !

Post by EastLondoner » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:17 am

Hi Seagul,

Thanks for getting back to me.
There is no guidance for the actual application from - just pages 1-13.

The only guidance was for appendix 2 (which we included, minus the guidance) - Do you advise us to send that in too?

Thanks again

EastLondoner
United Kingdom

Documents returned - including all passport photos. Odd?

Post by EastLondoner » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:13 am

Hi all,

I have just received our documents back from UKVI (spouse visa).
It was a bit of a mess, with the lose sheets simply thrown in the bag, not put back in the folder - and a couple of the (less important) pieces of evidence do not appear to have been returned.

Anyhow, the weird bit, was that I noticed that all of the passport photographs provided (the two my wife provided and the one that I provided) have been returned.

Seems very odd to me. I would have assumed they would have kept at least one of my wifes photos?

ukvisa123
United Kingdom

Re: Documents returned - including all passport photos. Odd?

Post by ukvisa123 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:27 am

Is it spouse settlement visa or FLR(M)?

For spouse settlement they will take photo with Biometrics and I dont think they need photos.

EastLondoner
United Kingdom

Post by EastLondoner » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:31 am

Hi UKVisa,

The first one - spouse settlement.
Oh, ok. Hopefully that's in then!

Cheers.

ukvisa123
United Kingdom

Post by ukvisa123 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:54 am

No Problem.

mcinnesjake
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by mcinnesjake » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:55 am

Hi EastLondener

I assume she didn't receive her passport?

My Fiancé, yesterday had all of her documents returned after 2+ months waiting. But within the package there was no evidence of a visa (stamps, letters, paperwork etc), as well as this there was no evidence of a refusal letter.

Slightly confusing, nothing indicates any type of decision either way.

EastLondoner
United Kingdom

Post by EastLondoner » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:11 pm

Hi mcinnesjake,

No her passport was submitted at her biometrics appointment.

Some of the documents we submitted do appear to be missing, as the folder feels much lighter, but all the key ones are there, albeit in a mess and slightly crumpled.
There was a letter in the package saying they have photocopied the documents and a decision may not have been made yet.
The whole thing is confusing and contradictory!

Ozmo
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ozmo » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:27 pm

I had exactly the same, documents came back in my prepaid envelope in no particular order and they included the 4 passport photos she had provided. Her visa was approved, it looks like they either scan the passport photos or just don’t need them.