ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Forgot to submit consent form to verify application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asifvet
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Forgot to submit consent form to verify application

Post by asifvet » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:38 pm

HI Sprint Fan

First thing is - you should have decision by now, even though if you have not been informed about it. They don't email everyone straightaway as I applied for my husband same way but no email whatsoever. However, he got his ilr with the date on brp as of next day.

Secondly, I uploaded my consent form next day 11am. By that time, I was late. I contacted them Monday 9am before receiving my email at 9:30. They said nothing can be done about it and there is no way of contacting the case worker. The receptionist also said that if needed the case worker will contact me.

I was hugely worried, but from my experience please stay calm, don't worry. I have never heard of anyone being refused due to consent form so far. I agree with you it's not in checklist hence people keep on forgetting .

Best wishes and keep us posted

ngd
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: Forgot to submit consent form to verify application

Post by ngd » Thu May 16, 2019 10:59 pm

Hi everyone,

This thread was really helpful in keeping me calm when I did the very same thing yesterday:

- LR application submitted online as super priority
- Booked a free appointment at the Croydon centre
- Uploaded documents on the Sopra website two days before my appointment (interestingly the Sopra website did not have a list of essential documents for me but I had been given one at the end of my online LR application)
- Unfortunately I forgot to upload the signed consent forms onto the Sopra website (there is a lack of prompts on the document upload page to remind us)

- Super priority appointment at the Croydon centre on May 15th at noon (be aware the time you are given is just to get you into the building. They then give out numbered tickets and you may be waiting a while to be seen)
- Asked to do biometrics, photograph and signature on the automated machines: very straightforward
- Then was seen by a Sopra staffmember who reviewed my biometrics, scanned all the pages of my passport and reviewed my uploaded documents. I did not go through all the paperwork I had physically taken with me.
- He scanned my husbands passport which I had forgotten to do but never at any point did he mention that I had not uploaded my consent forms
- He submitted my documents at around 1.20 pm

I realised my (and his) mistake at midnight that night and in a panic uploaded the consent forms at around 0020 to the Sopra website.

I spent this morning very worried and found this thread at the time.
At around 1pm I checked the website mentioned earlier in this thread: https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work
This stated "there is no limit to how long you can live in the UK" which calmed me down!
I received my email at around 1.50pm:
"I’m pleased to confirm that your application for leave has now been granted. You will receive your decision letter and biometric residence permit (BRP) in due course and these will confirm your immigration status."

It seems that uploading the consent forms at midnight worked, but if Sopra have suggested that all documents are sent at 10pm then it may be that my application was approved without them?

As suggested earlier, try and be as careful as possible if uploading your own documents. It is worth going through every single document you take with you to the appointment and making sure they can see them on their system.