ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused about 5 years or 3 Years

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dender
Newly Registered
England

Re: Confused about 5 years or 3 Years

Post by dender » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:33 pm

Alewidnow wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:20 pm
When you fill in the online form it asks if and are married and then also your spouse's details.
It must then automatically put you on the 3 year route because it then asks for the British spouse's passport and marriage certificate as some of the documents to send.

What would happen if you have had ILR for over a year and then didn't send the spouse's passport and marriage certificate, even though they were requested.
Would the caseworker automatically process the application on the 5 year route?
Apparently they do,

i contacted with British nationality service and they told me to do not send any supporting documents of spouse and give your detail for 5 years.
also i spoke with immigration adviser and he said that i should send it and explain why i want to consider under 5 year route

dont know which one to believe.