ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement scheme and EU Family Permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sundee
Newly Registered
Nepal

Re: EU settlement scheme and EU Family Permit

Post by sundee » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:48 pm

Hi @pranab0077 and @lululuna,

I just got my mom's (non EEA national) application refused under EEA FP route. Having read from your posts that under EU Settlement Scheme, proof of dependency is not required, I would want to reapply under this scheme. I was unaware of this. I just called a solicitor, and it seems he is not aware of this either.

pranab0077 - can you please let me know if your application was successful?
lululuna - did you get this advice from a solicitor? If you don't mind me asking, which country did your mom apply from? Was she a non EEA national applying from outside EEA?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

salman131088
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by salman131088 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:07 pm

Hi , I am NON EU family member of an EU national been granted settled status in settlement scheme we are separated and not in contact , just wondering can I apply for my non EU dependent parents eu settlement family permit if I dont have the details of my EU spouse , please advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:14 pm

salman131088 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:07 pm
Hi , I am NON EU family member of an EU national been granted settled status in settlement scheme we are separated and not in contact , just wondering can I apply for my non EU dependent parents eu settlement family permit if I dont have the details of my EU spouse , please advise.
You cannot sponsor your parents under the EU rules or Settled Status if you are not an EU citizen.

Only and EU citizen can sponsor them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.