ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian HSMP Applicants curently residing in USA..anybody?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ChubbyCheeks
Newly Registered

Post by ChubbyCheeks » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:19 pm

Hi hsmpapplicant123,

Which is your Bank account? In Bank of America there is an option to see the scanned copy of the deposit slip that you used for counter credit.
You can think of including a print out that as well..This is juz a suggesion.
Last edited by ChubbyCheeks on Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hsmpapplicant123
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpapplicant123 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:26 pm

I will check with my banks..but I do have copies of the checks that I deposited, may be I can include those as well if I cant get scanned copies frm the banks for those 2or 3 instances..man, we r splitting hairs! but may b its worth the effort to avoid rejection on these..
ChubbyCheeks wrote:Hi hsmpapplicant123,

Which is your Bank account? In Bank of America there is an option to see the scanned copy of the actual Check that you deposited.
You can think of including a print out that as well..This is juz a suggesion.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:31 pm

hsmpapplicant123 wrote:I am including bank statements showing deposited funds (of net salary amount tallying with the net sal amount on pay slips)
Q here>>> some times I deposited salary check with cash or another small check , so that day bank was showing the total amount rather than 2 separate amounts (one amnt to attest to salary amnt) ..this happenned only a few - 2 or 3 -times..Is this a problem ?..how do I show exact tally here ? For example If my net pay in amonth was
x000.34 and if I deposited another check/cash of say 400 with it, bank stmt was showing x400.34 ..now is this a problem ?
The caseworker needs to see a salary credit entry in your bank statement that corroborates with your net salary payout as given in the payslip.

If the bank combines multiple credit entries made on same day into one, which I find suprising, then yes this could be trouble.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

hsmpapplicant123
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpapplicant123 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:54 pm

manram,

1) You can check when you can get the appmnt for bimetrics(there are many different processing centers in each state and you can choose the dates avail for that center near to you..usually 1 week, u 'll get appmnt)
Mind you, you choose out of avl dates-online after u submit ur appln and pay, not that they give u a date..
The printed appln with supporting docs to be sent/mailed to BHC in NYC.

2) how long --no idea
manram wrote:Has anyone applied in NY under the New Tier 1? Is so

1) What is the waiting period to get the first appointment (for biometric etc)
2) How long did it take for them to finalize your case?

The new rules are pretty interesting - its says W2 is no longer valid (unless it matches exactly with the period). Also a combination of Paystubs and a Letter from employer is also not accepted.

My paystubs are online - and has no employer logo on it. And my company is refusing to print it out in a letter pad or to stamp it. Any suggestions how I can tackle this?

jagacharaja

Post by jagacharaja » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:27 pm

I can confirm using Paychex paystubs that were mailed to me by my employer successfully for HSMP purposes.
sushdmehta wrote:
hsmpapplicant123 wrote:My paystubs(printed , came in post) came from ADP and Paychex(standard pay roll companies in US). Employer name and address is there but as such no logo of the employer, but only logo/and name of ADP/paychex

I hope there is no issue out here! Any comments?
Don't take my word for it as I haven't seen a US payslip, but the way you describe them to be, I think it should fall under the "formal payslip" category and hence *should* be acceptable.

Reading this might be useful.

regards

jagacharaja

Post by jagacharaja » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:38 pm

With all due respect to sushdmehta, the scenario mentioned by hsmpapplicant123 is very common in the US - the creditor's name (i.e. company's name) does not appear on the bank statement when you deposit a paycheck personally in your US bank (I don't know how it works if the paychecks are deposited electronically)

Luckily I did not have to sweat on this 'caus my paychecks and W2 took care of things for me, but maybe a letter from your employer confirming the individual monthly gross paycheck amounts on the company's letterhead would help, alongwith an appropriate explanation in your cover letter? I remember attaching a letter from my employer outlining my gross income for the period in question w/my application even though it wasn't required - just to be safe.

As an aside, I'd also noted in my coverletter about how degree certificates in the US do not mention your field of study - for eg if you did a BS/MS in mechanical engg, the certificate would only say Bachelor/Master of Science - never hurts to tell them country-specific things as it is unfair to expect them to know everything - and in the process jeopardize your application.

My two cents.
sushdmehta wrote:
hsmpapplicant123 wrote:I am including bank statements showing deposited funds (of net salary amount tallying with the net sal amount on pay slips)
Q here>>> some times I deposited salary check with cash or another small check , so that day bank was showing the total amount rather than 2 separate amounts (one amnt to attest to salary amnt) ..this happenned only a few - 2 or 3 -times..Is this a problem ?..how do I show exact tally here ? For example If my net pay in amonth was
x000.34 and if I deposited another check/cash of say 400 with it, bank stmt was showing x400.34 ..now is this a problem ?
The caseworker needs to see a salary credit entry in your bank statement that corroborates with your net salary payout as given in the payslip.

If the bank combines multiple credit entries made on same day into one, which I find suprising, then yes this could be trouble.

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:03 pm

I wasn't addressing the issue of company name not being reflected against credit entry in the bank statement, but that of multiple credits being clubbed into one entry in the bank statement.

e.g.- your salary is X, you deposit Y, total credit on that day in the bank is X+Y=Z. If the bank statement only shows Z as credit entry for that day, then (in my opinion) CW will not be able to corroborate that the the total credit on the day (Z) includes the salary portion (X ) too. How would CW know if you haven't deposited Z on your own, all of it??.

Also, I mentioned that this *could* be a problem (based on my limited understanding of the rules), and not that it definitely will be.

Hope this clarifies.

regards

hsmpapplicant123
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpapplicant123 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:24 am

Thanks everybody; I solved this problem by getting an officially signed print out (on the bank letter head) showing the split of the multiple deposits on the same day one of which matches with the amnt of net pay on the payslip..

I hv 2 banks and both banks combined multiple deposits made together (same day) as aggregate fig; but internally they do have proof of the individuals amnts one of which wud match the net pay on the payslip..

Its a painful process to explain and get this proof frm bank ; but well, thats life..

Also, one funy thing is: US shows 7/5/08 for July 5th '08 but uninformed UK officials may interpret this as 7th of May'08..that wud be another headache for the US applicants..

sushdmehta wrote:I wasn't addressing the issue of company name not being reflected against credit entry in the bank statement, but that of multiple credits being clubbed into one entry in the bank statement.

e.g.- your salary is X, you deposit Y, total credit on that day in the bank is X+Y=Z. If the bank statement only shows Z as credit entry for that day, then (in my opinion) CW will not be able to corroborate that the the total credit on the day (Z) includes the salary portion (X ) too. How would CW know if you haven't deposited Z on your own, all of it??.

Also, I mentioned that this *could* be a problem (based on my limited understanding of the rules), and not that it definitely will be.

Hope this clarifies.

regards

jagacharaja

Post by jagacharaja » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:01 pm

Good stuff on getting this resolved - I never thought of it during my time. Regarding the mm/dd/yy format I'd mentioned it on the cover letter... something like "may i kindly request you note the mm/dd/yyyy format used in the US"
hsmpapplicant123 wrote:Thanks everybody; I solved this problem by getting an officially signed print out (on the bank letter head) showing the split of the multiple deposits on the same day one of which matches with the amnt of net pay on the payslip..

I hv 2 banks and both banks combined multiple deposits made together (same day) as aggregate fig; but internally they do have proof of the individuals amnts one of which wud match the net pay on the payslip..

Its a painful process to explain and get this proof frm bank ; but well, thats life..

Also, one funy thing is: US shows 7/5/08 for July 5th '08 but uninformed UK officials may interpret this as 7th of May'08..that wud be another headache for the US applicants..

prachi
Newly Registered

USA salry slip

Post by prachi » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:26 pm

jagacharaja wrote:Good stuff on getting this resolved - I never thought of it during my time. Regarding the mm/dd/yy format I'd mentioned it on the cover letter... something like "may i kindly request you note the mm/dd/yyyy format used in the US"
hsmpapplicant123 wrote:Thanks everybody; I solved this problem by getting an officially signed print out (on the bank letter head) showing the split of the multiple deposits on the same day one of which matches with the amnt of net pay on the payslip..

I have same salry slips on ADP . My employer can sign it but he is not having any stamp

Is there any problem with tjose salry slips for hsmp?

please help

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: USA salry slip

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:31 pm

prachi wrote:I have same salry slips on ADP . My employer can sign it but he is not having any stamp. Is there any problem with tjose salry slips for hsmp? please help
If nothing else, at least make an effort to read the thread in which you are posting your query. The answer is available in this thread itself.

Make an effort to search the forum for related information already available on the forum before you post a query. Will help you get answers much faster.

regards

prachi
Newly Registered

Post by prachi » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:38 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
prachi wrote:I have same salry slips on ADP . My employer can sign it but he is not having any stamp. Is there any problem with tjose salry slips for hsmp? please help
If nothing else, at least make an effort to read the thread in which you are posting your query. The answer is available in this thread itself.

Make an effort to search the forum for related information already available on the forum before you post a query. Will help you get answers much faster.

regards
Thanks for your reply. I have read the thread that is the reason I have asked my query from people to help me beacuse i have only ADP online .

I thought This form is for helping people

prachi
Newly Registered

Post by prachi » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:02 pm

hsmpapplicant123 wrote:chubby, I will share my docs soon for the benefit of others ..I am still finalizing..
so far:

A) bachelors 30 pts
Original degree cert,
Original transcript
UK equi--validated on the Self assessment tool

B) earnings - 45 pts
primary docs: 1)sal slips ..12 months
2) bank statements showing deposited funds (of net salary amount tallying with the net sal amount on pay slips)

Q here>>> some times I deposited salary check with cash or another small check , so that day bank was showing the total amount rather than 2 separate amounts (one amnt to attest to salary amnt) ..this happenned only a few - 2 or 3 -times..Is this a problem ?..how do I show exact tally here ?

supporting docs: w2 for 2007
1040 tax filing for 2007

I am putting these under supporting docs as I am taking May-Dec07 only in 2007 for counting earnings ..and Jan-april in 08..
C) english --validated by self assessment tool and given 10 pts
No further docs here
D) maint funds -
Showing original bank statements from 2 different banks
bank1 has checking and IRA savings for spouse and me(joint a/c)
bank2 has only IRA savings (sole ac , mine)

Guys, please point any holes in this lineup!! would greatly appreciate..

ChubbyCheeks wrote:Hi hsmpapplicant123,
I'm also an Indian applying for Tier1 visa from US.
Can you ell me the list of docs that you have arranged?
Hi Sir

I am also planning to apply for HSMP based on my US experience,i have some queries regarding the application .

plaese let me know the mail id where I can contact you

prachi

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:21 pm

prachi wrote:I have only ADP online.
My response, the way it was, was based on your original query - which did not mention this fact. And relevant answer was already available in the thread. No offence, but please don't blame others if your query doesn't ask what it actually should.

Had this fact been mentioned in your original query, my response would have been different and as below:
Tier 1 policy guidance ver. 06/08 wrote: 1) Payslips: These should be either formal payslips or on company headed paper. If payslips are not on headed paper or the applicant receives all pay slips online, he/she must authenticate the evidence by asking the employer to sign and stamp a printout.
If you can manage to get a letter from your employer (on company headed paper) confirming salary paid to you in the 12 months you wanna use to claim income points, then you would not need to use payslips.

You can contact users on this forum using Private Messages tool.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:46 pm

prachi wrote:I am also planning to apply for HSMP
I hope you are aware that there's no HSMP anymore. The HSMP scheme has been replaced by Tier 1 (General).

regards

ChubbyCheeks
Newly Registered

Re: Where to send application?

Post by ChubbyCheeks » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:37 am

But to which address we should send the papers?
I guess it shud be a US address...

Any idea?

hsmpapplicant123 wrote:thanks sushdmehta and coolestGuy for info on multiple and joint bank a/c..!!

Manram:
I assume u r applying to tier 1 PBS general from US -right ?
I noticed this: "If you are in the United States you must apply online .
Biometric fingerscans are collected at one of twentynine Application Support Centres throughout the United States. You will be able to book an appointment to have your fingerscan once you have completed your online application. "
on the page.. http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... tedstates/

my notes:::> STEPS for US applicants: 1) From the page: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator .....Do PBS assessment, take the pdf file.

2) Apply online..here... http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... tedstates/

This page will ask passport details, family details(like ur dad's DOB etc ! )..this is where I stopped..I am hoping to find the right form after I fill this out ?
Guys, am I missing something here ? ?

manram wrote:Can someone help me:
1) The pdf application form on the website mentions to send the application form to UK Border Agency, Tier 1, PO Box 496, Millburngate House, Durham, DH99 1WQ. Is this the only way? or is there an equivalent of VFS in US also?
2) If sending to UK Border agency the only way, how do I manage the passport? I might need it here in the interim for my travels!
3)For maintainence funds, can I show an Indian bank account balance. I transferred all my funds to India the moment ruppee went down to 42:(

Manu

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:26 pm

ChubbyCheeks wrote:But to which address we should send the papers?

Any idea?
Read How to apply if you are outside the UK

regards

hsmpapplicant123
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpapplicant123 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:27 pm

chubby,
I was off this board for a while;sorry cudn't answer in time..
when you fill online appln form, u pay fee online and then system will let u choose the nearest biometric center to ur zipcode and that appointment will give you the address to where it shud be sent. For ex., in US North east, you will send it to UK High commission office in NYC.

hope this helps..

Any idea?

hsmpapplicant123 wrote:thanks sushdmehta and coolestGuy for info on multiple and joint bank a/c..!!

Manram:
Biometric fingerscans are collected at one of twentynine Application Support Centres throughout the United States. You will be able to book an appointment to have your fingerscan once you have completed your online application. "

my notes:::> STEPS for US applicants: 1) From the page: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator .....Do PBS assessment, take the pdf file.

This page will ask passport details, family details(like ur dad's DOB etc ! )..this is where I stopped..I am hoping to find the right form after I fill this out ?

1) The pdf application form on the website mentions to send the application form to UK Border Agency, Tier 1, PO Box 496, Millburngate House, Durham, DH99 1WQ. Is this the only way? or is there an equivalent of VFS in US also?
2) If sending to UK Border agency the only way, how do I manage the passport? I might need it here in the interim for my travels!
3)For maintainence funds, can I show an Indian bank account balance. I transferred all my funds to India the moment ruppee went down to 42:(

Manu

ChubbyCheeks
Newly Registered

Post by ChubbyCheeks » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:35 pm

Thanks HSMPApplicant.Thats wat exactly i was looking for.

hsmpapplicant123 wrote:chubby,
I was off this board for a while;sorry cudn't answer in time..
when you fill online appln form, u pay fee online and then system will let u choose the nearest biometric center to ur zipcode and that appointment will give you the address to where it shud be sent. For ex., in US North east, you will send it to UK High commission office in NYC.

hope this helps..

Any idea?

Manram:

Manu

ChubbyCheeks
Newly Registered

tier1 from US

Post by ChubbyCheeks » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:30 am

Did anybody get Tier1 approved from US?

Please share ur exp.

Hsmpapplicant123 , wats ur status now?