ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Souse VISA after Divorce and child death

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Souse VISA after Divorce and child death

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:31 pm

Casa wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:25 pm
Zerubbabel wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:05 pm
Your card is based on the existence of your marriage not its quality. If your card is due to expire go ahead and apply for renewal. You don't have to tell your wife. The applicant is you, not her.
In order to apply for an extension or ILR, the spouse MUST give their written support of the application, including a copy of their passport. :idea:
Thank you for the clarification Casa. I was used to the EEA route where you just need the ID of your sponsor not a written support or anything.

Hard situation for him. As she seems extorting his money at the moment.

Malik111
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Malik111 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:26 pm

We got married in April 2015 - child born in Dubai Jan 2016 - child passed away in June 2018- came to london may 2017 and my BRP card will expire in Feb 2020. I can apply for extension in November 2019. But She can do anything anytime soon.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:32 pm

You can apply for an extension at anytime IF you meet the requirements and have her supporting your application. For ILR in the future, you need her support for the application again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Malik111
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Malik111 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:54 pm

what if after extension she call Homeoffice, will they send me back or wait for my visa expiry, as i would have paid for it all in full.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:57 pm

Malik111 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:54 pm
what if after extension she call Homeoffice, will they send me back or wait for my visa expiry, as i would have paid for it all in full.
If she does that, your visa will be curtailed to 60 days. HO don't just let you stay till your visa expiry, they curtail it, regardless of whether you have paid for it in full.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.