ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Technical issue: anyone else experienced it?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JadhavSagar2
Newly Registered
England

Re: BRP Technical issue: anyone else experienced it?

Post by JadhavSagar2 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:18 pm

I got mail from home office saying there is technical issue for ur BRP .
I want to know how many days it will take to arrive BRP.
any one else faced issue.
I want to travel outside UK in Next month.
What can be done of I don't receive BRP. Please suggest any other options please.
Thanks in advance.

SsseA
Newly Registered
India

Post by SsseA » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:08 am

Dear All,

I have recieved the BRP after 3 months of wait (approval email on 30th July).

I took the matter to MP (19 Aug ) and they have direct contact with home office. And homeoffice respond to them promptly. Even after escalating the issue with the help of MP office, it took 2 months. So I guess they have their own timeframe.

FYI, the technical issue (which was never disclosed) was issuing the NI number with BRP.

Also, if someone wants to travel outside UK, they must contact homeoffice to take approval and get a entry permit issued which is valid for one month only.

Hope this will be helpful.

JJPO
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by JJPO » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:52 pm

Hi, thanks for the information. How did you get permission from the Home Office to travel outside UK without BRP? Is there any phone number / address that I can contact to? And also, who did you contact to with regards to the delayed release of BRP card?

Many thanks

SsseA
Newly Registered
India

Post by SsseA » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:40 pm

Hi ,
Best approach is to contact your local MP and explain your situation, they have the direct contact with homeoffice. Once MP is involved process is escalated. You also would like to arrange some paperwork for absolute necessity of travel.

polarbees
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by polarbees » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:51 pm

Hello folks, i have a similar situation i paid for the super priority service which cost me £800 on top of the application although i got the confirmation within 3 hrs i have not receirved my brp after 10 working days. Had i known this issues i would have just apply normal saving me almost 900. Since they fail to provide their service as according to the super priority service where can we report for this inconvenience and make our money worth. If they keep u waiting people might as well just not use this idiot service

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:12 pm

polarbees wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:51 pm
Hello folks, i have a similar situation i paid for the super priority service which cost me £800 on top of the application although i got the confirmation within 3 hrs i have not receirved my brp after 10 working days. Had i known this issues i would have just apply normal saving me almost 900. Since they fail to provide their service as according to the super priority service where can we report for this inconvenience and make our money worth. If they keep u waiting people might as well just not use this idiot service
The super priority fee is for your application decision to be done within 24 hours and NOT delivery of your brp.

You have no claim to a refund of the £800 fee as you got your decision within the 24 hour period.

Contact DX courier to find out if they have a delivery!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

polarbees
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by polarbees » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:31 pm

so you are saying you bought an item which looks similar but doesnot do the job and you dont get compensation over that?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:39 pm

polarbees wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:31 pm
so you are saying you bought an item which looks similar but doesnot do the job and you dont get compensation over that?
The service you paid for, which is clearly stated on the official websites, is for a decision within 24 hours. You have received the service you have paid for and got your decision within a short time frame.

The service you paid for is not for a BRP delivery within 24 hours and takes 7 to 10 workings days, sometimes a little longer. The BRPs are not printed by HO, but by another government agency in Wales.

I have already suggested to contact DX couriers to enquire if they have a delivery for you or if they have attempted a delivery for you (presuming your address is correct in your Home Office application form).

You don't have any claim to 'compensation'. It is well published that BRPs take a certain amount of time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Anjali7
Newly Registered
India

Post by Anjali7 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:45 pm

Hello,
Did anyone from this thread received their brp? Please update with ur experiences. If u got brp how long did it take after the technical issue email? Did u follow up frequently to any number or email ids. Please share.
My approval was on Oct 1st
Received brp on Oct 4th.
My husband brp has not arrived still..
This is frustrating, we received an email that caseworker will contact us but still nothing. Brpoatech sent us email about technical issue and no more response after that..how long does it take to solve the technical issue. It’s more than a month and half and am worried. Please share if u have any updates. Thank u

Anjali7
Newly Registered
India

Post by Anjali7 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:01 pm

JJPO wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:29 pm
Hi all!

This is my timeline:

12 June - decision letter
15 October - still waiting for BRP

It's four months of waiting now. The BRP team has informed me that they are still waiting for NINO verification.

It is really frustrating.

Anyone here who left the UK without their BRP?
Helo jjpo,
Could u please share ur experience? Did u receive ur brp and how long did it take. I’m on same boat, have u travelled out of country without brp? Whom did u chase up with emails? Can u please share what all ways have u tried. The situation like this is really frustrating. HO should atleast give a timeline of there is some problem going on. Checking on emails every second is so stressful. Thank u in advance

Anjali7
Newly Registered
India

Post by Anjali7 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:58 pm

Chi781989 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:09 pm
Same situation -tier 2 visa switch sponsor- biometric colletced 31/8 at Cloydon, descion Email on 1/9 inidcating approval. No BRP card still... Keeps getting Tech Issue Email without progrossion.

Anyone recieved the BRP after the Tech Email? How long did it take? Anyone haven't got the BRP more than 3 months? I had cannceled 2 weddings, 3 business trips which were required for my work and I dont want to be locked in for Christmas...
Hi,
Even my approval was on Oct 1st. No brp still.. did u receive ur brp? If yes please share the process u have done.
Thank u