ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 years Illegal immigrant

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Thandia

Post by Thandia » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:18 pm

2347526 wrote:Hi every one.

I received a letter from the HO saying that they received my application and that my application is valid. They also stated that further enquires need to be made and that my the application has been passed to a team to do so. They told me to check on their website for their turn around times and that I should NOT contact or write to them except in urgent circumstances. The website link is:

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/britis ... tingtimes/

My solicitor adviced me to go and visit my MP and explain my circumstances. He/She (as I dont know my MP) will write to the HO and help in either expediate my case or at least give me permission to work to support myself.

Any advice on the above matters?

Good luck, hope it all goes well for u, sooner rather than later. If you're a Christian, continue praying, if not then keep doing whatever it is you need to do. :wink:

fazsaf
Newly Registered

Post by fazsaf » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:21 pm

2347526 wrote:Hi every one.

I received a letter from the HO saying that they received my application and that my application is valid. They also stated that further enquires need to be made and that my the application has been passed to a team to do so. They told me to check on their website for their turn around times and that I should NOT contact or write to them except in urgent circumstances. The website link is:

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/britis ... tingtimes/

My solicitor adviced me to go and visit my MP and explain my circumstances. He/She (as I dont know my MP) will write to the HO and help in either expedite my case or at least give me permission to work to support myself.

Any advice on the above matters?
Hi, the letter you received from HO is a standard acknowledgement letter which they normally send after you've made an application. As far as turn around times are concerned, I think you can just forget about those, since they only relate to straight forward applications not relevant to the type of application you've made.

I think your solictor have correctly advice you to see your MP, and you should ask your MP to contact HO on your behalf and ask them to treat your case as legacy since it's HO published policy to treat case like your under legacy.

I wish you all the best, and keep us posted on your situation.

somalirose
Newly Registered

Post by somalirose » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:21 pm

i ask for help.plese help me.i am in same sitaution.i arrive here in 1992.i claim asylum 1994 and home office say no.appeal also say no.i have 2 chidren on own and i claim last yaer under 14 yaers.when my friend get legacy paper,i also write and ask to be made legacy.home office say no i cannot ask to be legacy.they send me this mesag and say i dont choose home office choose.but now i find hear i can ask to be legacy.how i do this?plese help me becuas i now wait 1 yaer for reply from 14 yaers questin.

Post by 2347526 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:02 am

Hi All

I am arranging to see my MP about my case this week. I would like your advice on the definition of "extreme circumstances". I saw in UKBA website their general description and they said the list is not exhaustive. Could you please give me more examples as I want to use all I can to get maximum help from the MP. Thank you all.

bahwe

Post by bahwe » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:24 pm

I would REALLY appreciate your advise on the following matter:
Failed asylum single divorced mum (fresh claim made in summer 2006, still no response from H.O), with 2 kids, recently has called the legacy inquiry team, they said her case is legacy and that she have to phone later to find out the team that would be dealing with her case.
The mum has now new humanitarian claims that would go against her removal and against separating her from her kids who don't have her nationality but their fathers. If deported the kids needs to go to the country of their nationality not to their mother country. In 4 month her eldest will be 7.
The mum is wondering if she add the claims to the legacy case or she waits until her eldest is 7 and make a claim for the 7 years concessions and use the humanitarian reasons in it?

**5 months**

Post by 2347526 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:02 pm

Monthly update on the progress of my application.

1. I saw my MP and explained my situation. My MP will write to the HO and will let me know of their reply. I have a long wait in front of me.

2. It has been 5 months now since I forwarded my ILR application.

3. I am still unemployed and looking for a job to support myself.
Last edited by 2347526 on Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fczenit
Newly Registered

Post by fczenit » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:14 pm

According to my solicitors... and he was obviously right you will need as much info to substantiate that you are worthy of being granted leave to remain. The HO will look at all aspects of you past 14 years:

1. Your family ties (Domestic Circumstances). British long term spouse is a massive plus. VERY IMPORTANT!!!
2. Your employment history. VERY IMPORTANT!!!
3. Financial situation. You have to be able to support yourself. VERY IMPORTANT!!!
3. Character references (more is better): employers, landlord, accountants, solicitors, MPs etc.
4. Any education qualifications obtained in this country.
5. UK life test pass
6. Property/business ownership.

and others.

The more proof you have of you being the model citizen the better.

The decision is taken on the sum of all your positives against "what would it achieve to send you out." HO will not simply refuse if you are top notch on every point above... there is no point.

Also it is worth mentioning Article 8 ECHR ("family and private life"). You will need to ask your solicitors to clarify.

All the best.

fczenit
Newly Registered

Post by fczenit » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:26 am

I forgot to mention that it’s not advisable to bother the HO about your application. You will only piss them off.

I was in the same position and I know how desperate and upsetting it is to be in the dark waiting for something to happen but trust me it’s not long now. Just be patient.

**6 months**

Post by 2347526 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:36 am

1. It has been 6 months now since I forwarded my ILR application.

2. I am still unemployed and looking for a job to support myself (I have actually given up on this).

3. I lost another relative this month making the total 5 so far this year.
Last edited by 2347526 on Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:32 am

Hold on for your decision if you can, at least that way you will know one way or another.
I do not think your 14 year claim will suceed, as previously mentioned if you have been issued with an IS151 the clock stopped when it was issued.

IF your case is considered under lagacy (I am not convinced it will) you have a good chance of sucess. I would put as much effort as possible into getting your case into legacy as that is more than likely your only sucess route.

I could not find an answer to the IS151 in previous posts - were you issued with one?

Post by 2347526 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:30 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:Hold on for your decision if you can, at least that way you will know one way or another.
I do not think your 14 year claim will suceed, as previously mentioned if you have been issued with an IS151 the clock stopped when it was issued.

IF your case is considered under lagacy (I am not convinced it will) you have a good chance of sucess. I would put as much effort as possible into getting your case into legacy as that is more than likely your only sucess route.

I could not find an answer to the IS151 in previous posts - were you issued with one?
I am not sure if I was issued with the IS151. I remember being given a letter stating the departure details: date of flight, terminal, time and where to report to. If any one has a (edited) copy of IS151 can you please post it here for me to see how it looks like. I did ask my solicitor to check in my file about this. My solicitor told me that I was not issued with one and thus I made the ILR application.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:15 pm

How would your solicitor know if you were served with an IS151? Has he contacted UKBA to confirm the position? Good chance it was so long ago that there are no computer records only the old case file.

Given you had removal directions I would be inclined to think you have been served with an IS151B rather than not.

See link below. Take it with a pinch of salt though. In times past it could be entirely possible that the procedure was not followed in the manner it should have.

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary
Have you or your sol asked for a Subject Access Report - your UKBA file in other words. You can find out what they do or don't know from that.

If you are in the clear and are SURE you have not been served with an IS151 then wait it out.

Post by 2347526 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:56 am

Thank you Frontier mole for the information. I did apply for a copy of my file prior to making my ILR application. This is because I did not have any documentation about my case. It contained all the information the HO has about me since I came here. My solicitor did go through it and told me that IS151 was not in there. I personally did not check to see what was inside it as it was a big file.
Last edited by 2347526 on Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:00 am

You can always go back and apply from abroad with your fiancee.

raina

Post by raina » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:18 am

2347526-After such a long period please dont lose hope.
I am no authority but I think after living here for 14 years they will definately give you some status.

Can you tell me what kind of document are you hoping to get from HO so that you can travel eventually?
As you dont have a valid passport.

Post by 2347526 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:48 pm

Hi All,

As I have to leave the country I need to know if I can get money that I am entitled to help me start a new life where I am going. Please help me with your advice and educate me on how the following matters work:

I heard that if an individual was to return home voluntarily, they would be given £3000 by the HO as “starting a new life packageâ€

Post by 4444 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:20 pm

[quote="2347526"]Hi All,

As I have to leave the country I need to know if I can get money that I am entitled to help me start a new life where I am going. Please help me with your advice and educate me on how the following matters work:

I heard that if an individual was to return home voluntarily, they would be given £3000 by the HO as “starting a new life packageâ€

Post by 2347526 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:30 pm

No. I have not received any reply from HO. I made a decision that if by 6 months I do not hear anything from them I will leave the country. I have to move on with my life as explained earlier.
Last edited by 2347526 on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:50 pm

Depends on what country you are from.

Post by 2347526 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:02 am

Frontier Mole wrote:Depends on what country you are from.
Hi Frontier Mole,

I come from Africa. Please do not be offended by not telling you exactly where from, I want to keep that information private. Is it possible to give me a list stating a group of countries in list A, B, C etc receive amount £XXXX, XXXX, XXXX etc respectively. Also what about Tax and NI refund, is it possible to claim back the money as I no longer will be coming back to the UK?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:29 am

UKBA will not help you out as you are unlikely to be from a country where AVR is being offered.

Try this org.

http://www.iomlondon.org/index.html

As for tax & NI - you will not get anything back. At best you could get a small tax rebate for this year. This is because you have not used up all the allowance for the taxable year as it is spread over the 12 months.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:29 pm

2347526 wrote:
Is it possible to give me a list stating a group of countries in list A, B, C etc receive amount £XXXX, XXXX, XXXX etc respectively. Also what about Tax and NI refund, is it possible to claim back the money as I no longer will be coming back to the UK?
See here for the tax rebate.

The IOM offers a voluntary repatriation scheme with the UK government, but this is not for all countries, so you should see if yours is listed. You should contact them about if/how they can help you.

**7 months**

Post by 2347526 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:38 pm

1. It has been 7 months now since I forwarded my ILR application.

2. I received a letter from the HO confirming that I am NOT allowed to work in the meantime.
Last edited by 2347526 on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

**8 months**

Post by 2347526 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:38 pm

1. It has been 8 months now since I forwarded my ILR application.

2. No correspondence received from the HO.

I was just wondering about the members levels. I started as a newbie now I am a junior member, how many levels of membership are there, what are the status of each level and how does one progress from one level to the other? Please could someone explain, in details if possible, I am just curious. Thank you in advance.

republique
BANNED

Re: **8 months**

Post by republique » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:00 pm

[quote="2347526"]

Last edited by republique on Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.