ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Application from Australia

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

justy
Newly Registered

EC with HSMP letter

Post by justy » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:24 am

Hey Guys

Im about to apply for entry clearance with a HSMP letter but am getting a little confused with the process. I've done most of the online application but waiting on a couple of things so haven't completed it. I'm now trying to see what I have to do next.

From looking at the guidance, it reads as though I have to use the Tier 1 application form and complete all areas except attributes and english language. I think this would mean I have to submit all my supporting documents again a second time which doesn't seem right.

Also at http://ukinaustralia.fco.gov.uk/en/visa ... er1-letter they state you just need to submit the online application, Appendix 1, HSMP letter and evidence for maintenance. Appendix 1 seems to state you only need to show maintenance and the summary section.

I am confused massively, can anyone who has submitted recently provide some advice. Is everyone just submitting Appendix 1 and not the full application? Do you enter the points from your initial application in the summary? What supporting docs do you send? Looks to me to be just for the maintenance?

Would appreciate any advice, cheers!

peteandsoph
Newly Registered

Post by peteandsoph » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:33 am

Hey,

Did u select the correct type of visa at the outset (Tier 1 General w/ HSMP approval letter). If you did, it is my understanding that the online application should ignore the sections irrelevant to you.

I will let you know how i go in a few days time when I complete my saved online application but you should only have to complete the sections related to you and your details (passport, birth, are you a terrorist, etc.) and the maintenance funds section.

Sorry I can't be of too much help right now but will be able to be in a day or so.

justy
Newly Registered

Post by justy » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:57 am

Yeah

The online application only does some of the info. I think you still need to submit the Appendix 1 with the additional information, this is where Im getting a bit confused.

Also when submitting bank statements, are people just submitting the statements or are you submitting a table with the conversion rates as well?

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:50 am

justy wrote:Also when submitting bank statements, are people just submitting the statements or are you submitting a table with the conversion rates as well?
Table of conversion rates? You only need one, possibly two conversion rates (ie. one for your previous earnings, one for your maintenance funds if the last dates of each are different), not a different rate for each day.

nw
Newly Registered

Post by nw » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:16 am

A friend applied for Tier 1 at BHC Canberra about 3 weeks ago and they haven't charged her credit card yet. Anyone got the same problem? She just wants to know if that mean they haven't process her application yet? Thanks.