ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Rejected on a weird consideration - Pl advise.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coolguyIndia

Re: Admin review letter

Post by coolguyIndia » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:19 am

Hey,

just curious to know, what was date provided by you in the cover letter for start and end date of maintenance funds ?

Regards
gm_uk wrote:Hi all,
After much thought, i have convinced myself to go for an admin review with real optimism.
Thanks to cool_guy for providing me his letter.

I have come up with a draft version of the letter which i am planning to send to the admin review.

As mentioned by CoolestGuyC, i have tried only to highlight the 3 month period details.I have tried to be as precise and to the point as possible.

It would be of great help, if you could go through this letter and provide feedback.

Thanks in advance,
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date – 25/08/2008

Name :
Date of Birth (dd/mm/yyyy) :
Post Reference :

Kindly note that this annexure is just an explanation for the Mistake in Maintenance Funds calculation; this is NOT an additional proof / evidence. This annexure is part of Admin review submitted by the candidate, details provided above.

Response to the Question - Maintenance: Why do you think a mistake was made?

Dear Sir / Madam,

I had submitted the Signed statement of my two Savings account(The Dhanalakshmi Bank and Axis Bank) for the period of 5th April,2008 to 5th July,2008.

ECO had considered the period of 3 months as (5th April,2008 - 5th July,2008). However as per the Point 79 mentioned in Tier1 Guidance notes,
"All the periods we specify are calendar months (for example 14 January – 13 February)."

Hence as per the above point, on consideration of the period of 3 months from 6th April,2008 to 5th July,2008, following are the minimum balances maintained in the Savings account.

1. Minimum balance maintained in The Dhanalakshmi Bank - Rs.1,59,907.83
2. Minimum balance maintained in Axis Bank - Rs. 83,736.72

Total Balance maintained for the period of 3 months - Rs.2,43,644.55

This is equivalent to the minimum balance of 2866.40 pounds (with the exchange rate considered as Rs.85 per pound as mentioned in the Refusal letter)

Kindly request the ECO to consider the 3 month period as mentioned above.

Thanks and Best Regards,
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I haven't highlighted about the transactions considered on 5th April.

"As per the Dhanalakshmi bank statement, on 5th April,2008, there were 2 transactions performed. One was a clearing of cheque for an amount Rs.18,980 and another was a deposit of Rs.1,54,896.29. Hence the amount maintained as balance on 5th April,2008 was Rs.1,59,907.83"
Thanks & Best Regards

gm_uk
Newly Registered

Post by gm_uk » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:31 am

Hi,

I mentioned it as 5th April,2008 to 5th July,2008.

(Even i overlooked this 3 months,1 day concept at that time)

Thanks,

coolguyIndia

Post by coolguyIndia » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:55 am

dude... it may be an issue (my speculation)... never the less u can mention in ur admin review to consider 6th April to 5th July... I hope they accept it .... logic says they would... if u check earlier VAF 9 A and B they dont ask for any start and end date for the maintenance funds.. they just say 3 months immediately before the application is filed.. and depending on ur application date, I guess they may accept the dates as suggested by u ..

Regards
gm_uk wrote:Hi,

I mentioned it as 5th April,2008 to 5th July,2008.

(Even i overlooked this 3 months,1 day concept at that time)

Thanks,
Thanks & Best Regards

gm_uk
Newly Registered

Post by gm_uk » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:22 am

Coolguyindia,

Thanks.
I have tried to convey the same in the letter posted above, which i intend to send for admin review.

could you please let me know whether that conveys the point?

best regards,

coolguyIndia

Post by coolguyIndia » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:47 am

looks ok, hope for the best ...

gm_uk wrote:Coolguyindia,

Thanks.
I have tried to convey the same in the letter posted above, which i intend to send for admin review.

could you please let me know whether that conveys the point?

best regards,
Thanks & Best Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Admin review letter

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:10 pm

gm_uk wrote:I had submitted the Signed statement of my two Savings account(The Dhanalakshmi Bank and Axis Bank) for the period of 5th April,2008 to 5th July,2008.

ECO had considered the period of 3 months as (5th April,2008 - 5th July,2008). However as per the Point 79 mentioned in Tier1 Guidance notes,
"All the periods we specify are calendar months (for example 14 January – 13 February)."

Hence as per the above point, on consideration of the period of 3 months from 6th April,2008 to 5th July,2008, following are the minimum balances maintained in the Savings account.
A statement dated 05-July will only show funds available EOD 04-July (and not for funds as on EOD 05-Jul becuase day wasn't over when statement was printed). Therefore, the ECO might argue that you are actually showing evidence of funds for a 3 month period ending 04-Jul (and not 05-Jul as you perceive it).!

This means that balance held on 05-Jul will need to be taken into consderation and your request to ECO for period 06-Apr to 05-Jul to be considered might not work.
gm_uk wrote:As per the Dhanalakshmi bank statement, on 5th April,2008, there were 2 transactions performed. One was a clearing of cheque for an amount Rs.18,980 and another was a deposit of Rs.1,54,896.29. Hence the amount maintained as balance on 5th April,2008 was Rs.1,59,907.83"
There is no denying the fact that on 05-Apr your balance fell below the required minimum limit. The rule doesn't say that the balance must not fall below the min. amount at the end of any day but that balance must not fall below the min. amount anytime!

I know I am getting into minutest of details but I thought it wise that you interpret the situation both accurately and holistically. And I do hope that the ECO who processes your admin. review request doesn't think like me. :wink:

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

gm_uk
Newly Registered

Post by gm_uk » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:21 pm

Yes, this is one point even CoolestGuyC mentioned sometime back. And this is the reason why i was doubtful about going for an ECO review.
But then, finally decided to give it a shot!

Do you suggest any changes in the letter so that this point might not get highlighted?

Thanks in advance.

gm_uk
Newly Registered

Atlast :)

Post by gm_uk » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:42 am

Hi all,
Not sure who all are still active in this thread.

As per the advice given in this discussion, i had applied for Admin review in August 2008.

Great British Deputy High Commission has overturned the decision on March last week, 2009 and when i sent a remainder mail on April 1st week, they've replied asking me to submit the passport to VFS.

After 7 months, i've got a reply.

Thanks for your inputs :) I have submitted the passport. Yet to get the stamping in hand.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Atlast :)

Post by push » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:19 am

gm_uk wrote:Hi all,
Not sure who all are still active in this thread.

As per the advice given in this discussion, i had applied for Admin review in August 2008.

Great British Deputy High Commission has overturned the decision on March last week, 2009 and when i sent a remainder mail on April 1st week, they've replied asking me to submit the passport to VFS.

After 7 months, i've got a reply.

Thanks for your inputs :) I have submitted the passport. Yet to get the stamping in hand.
Wonderful. Many congratulations
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer