ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application refused

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Citizenship application refused

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:35 pm

oxana777 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:25 pm
secret.simon wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:22 pm
oxana777 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:19 pm
Hence im trying to see where is this +/- several days thing coming from to be honest.
The guidance is just that; guidance. I have quoted the specific section of the law that applies in this case above.

The margin is to prevent a sloppy caseworker from miscalculating, rejecting your application and it going into reconsideration (which can take months).

Better to be safe than sorry. But of course, it is your money and your time.
Ok i see, thanks. I have got everything ready, including signed declarations etc. Hence worry now that by end of this month the date of declarations will get out of date and i will have to redo it all over again which is a pain in current situation.. hence just wanted to apply asap :(
You don't necessarily need to change the documents you have now. Just wait until 30th April has you have been advised before you submit. That two weeks of wait till the end of the month is better than having an application refused. Don't forget that you will still need to book an appointment at Sopra Steria and with the current lockdown, I dont know if people are still getting appointment slots
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.