ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Keep your passport service - VFS

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Letter for arranged marriage

Post by Amber » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:36 am

Why do you need to escalate your case?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Mfareedh92
United Kingdom

Re: Letter for arranged marriage

Post by Mfareedh92 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:27 pm

Amber wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:36 am
Why do you need to escalate your case?
Hi Amber,

I don't need too but I am just curious on how to do this.

Thanks,
Fareedh

Mfareedh92
United Kingdom

Please submit your pasport

Post by Mfareedh92 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:59 pm

Hi All,

I kept my passport while applying for spouse visa. I got an email saying my application has been processed and asking me to submit my visa. Will they only accept/reject after getting the passport? I am assuming, they would have highlighted any problems by now, right?

Please help!

Thanks,
Fareedh

Mfareedh92
United Kingdom

Re: Please submit your pasport

Post by Mfareedh92 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:05 pm

I MEAN PASSPORT*****

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:41 pm

Mfareedh92 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:59 pm
Hi All,

I kept my passport while applying for spouse visa. I got an email saying my application has been processed and asking me to submit my visa. Will they only accept/reject after getting the passport? I am assuming, they would have highlighted any problems by now, right?

Please help!

Thanks,
Fareedh
There is no way you will get hint of what the decision is. Anyone who tells otherwise should be taken with a pinch of salt; You won't know for definite till you get your passport back. Wishing you a positive outcome I. E. Successful application and Visa granted.

Mfareedh92
United Kingdom

Post by Mfareedh92 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:38 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:41 pm
Mfareedh92 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:59 pm
Hi All,

Please help!

Thanks,
Fareedh
There is no way you will get hint of what the decision is. Anyone who tells otherwise should be taken with a pinch of salt; You won't know for definite till you get your passport back. Wishing you a positive outcome I. E. Successful application and Visa granted.

Thank you for your response. More of hoping that nothing else is wrong apart from wanting to the passport approve the visa.

Mfareedh92
United Kingdom

Post by Mfareedh92 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:40 am

Hi,

Has anyone been in a situation where they kept the passport when applying for visa. IF so, how long did they take to give a decision after submitting the passport?

I got it submitted today to VAC. Does it state anywhere about when we will receive further email about a decision?

Thanks,

Mfareedh92
United Kingdom

Application being reviewed

Post by Mfareedh92 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:55 pm

Hi all,

I am just wondering if someone can help. I submitted my bio metrics on the 24th of December 2019 and I got an email about a month back to submit my passport as the application has been assessed but I still have not got a response. I did call them a couple of days back and they said the decision has been made but the application is being reviewed by someone else.

Is this part of the normal process? or is this something I need to worry about? It's honestly irritating that they are taking so long despite making the decision already.

Thanks,
Fareedh

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Application being reviewed

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:00 pm

There is nothing to worry about. Anxiety makes you second guess any communication from the Home Office. Wait for your decision and hopefully it's positive.

Mfareedh92
United Kingdom

Post by Mfareedh92 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:40 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:00 pm
There is nothing to worry about. Anxiety makes you second guess any communication from the Home Office. Wait for your decision and hopefully it's positive.
Thank you! Hope for the positive news too :)

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:02 pm

I know how your heart sinks when you receive news about your application ;) It's like me when I see a letter from the DVLA.

But most often than not, these notifications are automatic as your application is being processed. They have no significance. They are not positive, they are not negative. You can see them as neutral. You sent an application and it's in progress.

Mfareedh92
United Kingdom

Post by Mfareedh92 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:18 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:02 pm
I know how your heart sinks when you receive news about your application ;) It's like me when I see a letter from the DVLA.

But most often than not, these notifications are automatic as your application is being processed. They have no significance. They are not positive, they are not negative. You can see them as neutral. You sent an application and it's in progress.
Yeah I get that. I am more worried now because they I had to request the passport back as the tourist visa is about to expire and they were like there is a chance of my application being cancelled because of this.

Mfareedh92
United Kingdom

Keep your passport service - VFS

Post by Mfareedh92 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:35 pm

Hi,

A month back we received an email asking to submit the passport back in as the application has been assessed. But we had to get the passport back to extend the visa. Is it worth submitting the passport back again or should we wait for another email asking to submit the passport back in?

We are at the end of out timelines and the application has been escalated which means we might hear something in the next week or so.

Thanks,