ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 year rule application success!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fczenit
Newly Registered

Post by fczenit » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:04 pm

Hi all,

The letter does not specify the grounds for the decision. It simply states that I have been granted ILR. It also includes the "RESIDENCE PERMIT" document.

The letter outlines my entitlements and responsibilities and it does not go into any details in regards to basis, rules or law used to reach the decision.

The information about 5 years has been provided to me by my solicitor.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

shami
Newly Registered

Post by shami » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:48 am

After 20 year of being in No Men's Land, they give you a British passwort and you will be happy ever after. What the use of it - by then life is over and there is no need to cross the border.

I WILL CRAP ON IT[passport] RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE HOME OFFICE AND MAKE SURE THAT SPHERIC HEAD L. Byrn PICKS IT UP WITH HIS BOTH HANDS

raina

Post by raina » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:34 am

Fcenit- Just wanted to ask you as you are saying you got a letter with ILR.

Is this because you did not have a valid passport to submit? I thought ILRs and other visas are only stuck into passports.

i.e no passport no status?

Thanks

fczenit
Newly Registered

Post by fczenit » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:07 pm

raina wrote:Fcenit- Just wanted to ask you as you are saying you got a letter with ILR.

Is this because you did not have a valid passport to submit? I thought ILRs and other visas are only stuck into passports.

Thanks
"RESIDENCE PERMIT" would’ve been endorsed into my passport, however it had expired and therefore I am applying for a new one which I'd then have to send to HO to be re-endorsed with the permit.

Just a little more bureaucracy for you...

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:10 pm

fczenit wrote:
raina wrote:Fcenit- Just wanted to ask you as you are saying you got a letter with ILR.

Thanks
"RESIDENCE PERMIT" would’ve been endorsed into my passport, however it had expired and therefore I am applying for a new one which I'd then have to send to HO to be re-endorsed with the permit.

Just a little more bureaucracy for you...
Which takes five months from the Russian Embassy!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

raina

Post by raina » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:48 am

fczenit- Thanks for clarifying that as I know someone in almost similar circumstances.
Coming upto 14 years soon but Indian passport is expiring and they probably wont renew the passport without her having a valid british visa.