ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(LR) Queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

punitsurana
India

Re: SET(LR) Queries

Post by punitsurana » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:16 pm

Thanks. Can she directly apply for ILR based on SET(LR)? We are thinking if FLRM is going to take similar timeframe then she better apply for SET LR.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:20 pm

punitsurana wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:16 pm
Thanks. Can she directly apply for ILR based on SET(LR)? We are thinking if FLRM is going to take similar timeframe then she better apply for SET LR.
Yes, if she meets the requirements for set LR and doesn't risk her status by traveling out of the UK on her current visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

punitsurana
India

Post by punitsurana » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:31 pm

Post by ajitu92 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:56 pm

Also, could I please request you to update the Set (LR) timeline thread with your timeline?

Done

punitsurana
India

Post by punitsurana » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:34 pm

Hi CR001,

Is there any different list of documents for dependant when applying for SET LR? She has been dependant for 10 years and does not have P60 for initial 5 years.
Or is she eligible as regular LR where there are far less mandatory docs like LIUK, English test, Passport scanned copies for immigration history

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:43 pm

punitsurana wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:31 pm
Post by ajitu92 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:56 pm

Also, could I please request you to update the Set (LR) timeline thread with your timeline?

Done
Thank you, much appreciated! :D

Regarding your question, I will let CR001 confirm as the question was directed to her, but all visa routes count towards the 10 year long residence, so only Set LR required documents are needed on application (i.e. "regular LR).
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:15 pm

Is there any different list of documents for dependant when applying for SET LR?
No there is not. The same requirements must be met bay each person applying. There is NO dependent concept for ILR LR.
Or is she eligible as regular LR where there are far less mandatory docs like LIUK, English test, Passport scanned copies for immigration history
All the same. It makes absolutely no difference on the visa route and history.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.