ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should I volunteer the information to HO or will they contact me?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Re: Should I volunteer the information to HO or will they contact me?

Post by Frou01 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:15 am

About lost foreign EHIC cards.
I’ve had this too, got a letter from my former health insurance company confirming in a letter I had an EHIC Card for certain years. I gave it to a translation agency and attached both with all my documents and can now prove I had foreign EHIC cover.

dogcat
United Kingdom

Post by dogcat » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:23 am

Yes, I did provide info for the last 10 years but the bulk of my work happened prior to 2010.

dogcat
United Kingdom

Post by dogcat » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:37 am

Frou01 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:15 am
I’ve had this too, got a letter from my former health insurance company confirming in a letter I had an EHIC Card for certain years. I gave it to a translation agency and attached both with all my documents and can now prove I had foreign EHIC cover.
I don't it it so much the cards as such that matter ( as its only an evidence that you have access ) but the fact that you were insured back in your country. Card is invalid ( even if not expired) if yo're not insured.

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:51 am

dogcat wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:37 am
Frou01 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:15 am
I don't it it so much the cards as such that matter ( as its only an evidence that you have access ) but the fact that you were insured back in your country. Card is invalid ( even if not expired) if yo're not insured.
In my case for the time being it was and dates confirming.
However that was before my qualifying period and I attached to show evidence prior.
My issue is a certain period in the beginning of my qualifying time where I did not have cover.
However this includes certain circumstances I was able to prove and my lawyer able to explain well that I feel a lot more confident than to the times suddenly the new guidance was published.
I have to say that I submit my application before the new guidance and from what I can see CSI didn’t cause any problems yet to people who applied before.
I know a lot of people who applied with EUSS and lack of CSI since Settled Status cane out and were ok.

I do have a pending application while CSI was introduced again and need to see what will happen, but hope for the best.

dogcat
United Kingdom

Post by dogcat » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:58 am

Well, authorities back in my country seem to be thinking that form E104 (as it covers the period when one was insured ) would suit best but I'm not too sure how would that go down with the HO.

I just ask them to send me a statement/ certificate stating the fact that I was insured for the relevant period.

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:04 pm

Yes, the form E104 I have as well it states the beginning and ending of my former insurance.
I didn’t attach nor translated it because I only use the letter confirming everything.
Like I said that was before my qualifying time.
The last 3/5 years it’s what matters.

dogcat
United Kingdom

Post by dogcat » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:17 pm

Frou01 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:04 pm
Yes, the form E104 I have as well it states the beginning and ending of my former insurance.
I didn’t attach nor translated it because I only use the letter confirming everything.
Like I said that was before my qualifying time.
The last 3/5 years it’s what matters.

What I am saying is :
If I was the qualified person from 2011 onwards - don't need to exercise treaty rights anymore therefore having CSI in the last 3 years from now (or any other 'lawful residence' requirements) aren't relevant.

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:48 pm

I’m not aware you have to exercise treaty rights only one time for 5 years somewhere in the past.
I know it’s only valid if you acquired PR and apply with PR as you can backdate it.

Also their request is quite obvious talking about the last 3/5 years of lawful residence and not saying any period of lawful residence.

That’s my understanding we have to prove lawful resudence for our qualifying period unless someone was granted before pre SS, Settled Status or PR than they already have that official status before the qualifying time.

That’s my understanding and maybe I’m wrong there.
But as you are so sure then it shouldn’t be a problem.

dogcat
United Kingdom

Post by dogcat » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:56 pm

Come to think of it ...

What if, say the EHIC expired but I am still insured back in my home country. Does that not count for the purposed of ' 5 year qualifying period'?

I am of opinion that its not the card itself that insures you but the fact that you are being insured ( by the virtue of paying contributions or etc ) As when I've emailed the authorities its been made clear that EHIC is not VALID unless you're paying your contributions i.e. insured.

So perhaps its best just to get a statement of them confirming of me being insured.

dogcat
United Kingdom

Post by dogcat » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:03 pm

Frou01 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:48 pm
I’m not aware you have to exercise treaty rights only one time for 5 years somewhere in the past.
I know it’s only valid if you acquired PR and apply with PR as you can backdate it.

Also their request is quite obvious talking about the last 3/5 years of lawful residence and not saying any period of lawful residence.

That’s my understanding we have to prove lawful resudence for our qualifying period unless someone was granted before pre Surinder Singh route, Settled Status or PR than they already have that official status before the qualifying time.

That’s my understanding and maybe I’m wrong there.
But as you are so sure then it shouldn’t be a problem.

I have never been granted PR as never applied for it.
It also says that after 5 cont. years of lawful residence you automatically achieve the status of permanent resident without applying for PR card. So I have never applied for a card but could demonstrate 5 years (backdated) of lawful residence if need be.

dogcat
United Kingdom

Post by dogcat » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:10 pm

Nationality policy: Naturalisation as
a British citizen by discretion 14 May 2020

''People who were in the UK in accordance with EU law may have acquired
permanent residence at some point, despite not having a document. A right to reside
under EU law exists automatically where the terms of the EEA Regulations are met.
If they had time periods where they were not here in accordance with the EEA
Regulations you must determine if they were here lawfully on the basis that they had
previously acquired permanent residence and were no longer required to meet
certain requirements, such as being a qualified person.''