ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can main applicant and dependants apply together but pay separately? applying online non-premium service

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

luckysunny

Re: can main applicant and dependants apply together but pay separately? applying online non-premium service

Post by luckysunny » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:30 pm

basht wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:42 am
Hi, thanks for your help. A few more questions if you don't mind:

1) Regarding the letter from the employer. Is it okay if the necessary info (absence dates, SOC code, "foreseeable future" clause and wage) is split between two letters? Both are official and come on a headed paper. It's just HR Team being particularly unhelpful, so I need to get some of the info from my line manager.

2) If the main Tier 2 holder applies for ILR using the 5-year route and gets it, his Tier 2 dependants' visas remain valid and once he gets his ILR they can apply for 5-year-routes ILR separately without switching to settled person dependant visas first. Is my understanding correct? Will dependants' visas remain valid even if the main applicant parts ways with his Tier 2 sponsor after he gets his ILR?
1. The employment letter and the absence letter can be separate letters.
Click here to see an example.

2. I'm not sure what the correct answers are to these questions. However, to keep things simple, the main applicant and dependants can apply at the same time.

luckysunny

Re: can main applicant and dependants apply together but pay separately? applying online non-premium service

Post by luckysunny » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:38 pm

basht wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:30 pm
in particular, do you think it would be acceptable if holidays and other work-related absences were in two separate letters?
You need a letter from your employer detailing the purpose and period of absences in connection with the employment, including periods of annual leave.

As such, you only need one letter from your employer which states your absences from the UK and the reasons for these absences. If they were annual leave, your employer would state this. If there were business trips, your employer would also state this.

See examples here and here

luckysunny

Post by luckysunny » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:40 pm

luckysunny wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:30 pm
basht wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:42 am
Hi, thanks for your help. A few more questions if you don't mind:

1) Regarding the letter from the employer. Is it okay if the necessary info (absence dates, SOC code, "foreseeable future" clause and wage) is split between two letters? Both are official and come on a headed paper. It's just HR Team being particularly unhelpful, so I need to get some of the info from my line manager.

2) If the main Tier 2 holder applies for ILR using the 5-year route and gets it, his Tier 2 dependants' visas remain valid and once he gets his ILR they can apply for 5-year-routes ILR separately without switching to settled person dependant visas first. Is my understanding correct? Will dependants' visas remain valid even if the main applicant parts ways with his Tier 2 sponsor after he gets his ILR?
1. The employment letter and the absence letter can be separate letters.
Click here to see an example.

2. I'm not sure what the correct answers are to these questions. However, to keep things simple, the main applicant and dependants can apply at the same time.
See examples here and here

basht
Newly Registered

Post by basht » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:43 pm

Thanks, I know it should ideally be a single letter or split into absence and employment letter. Just asking whether it's acceptable if it's split differently, as my HRs refuse to confirm my business trips, and my line manager is not allowed to confirm my holidays.