ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof Of Funds! PLEASE HELP !!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:31 am

Rella,
I saw somewhere that if you go to New York and it's not your "home state" they will grouse a bit, but if you're really nice and convincing, they'll take care of you anyway instead of making you go 3,000 miles to LA. Also, if your address in the application is in the Ny service area, they shouldn't give you a problem.
lynn
Last edited by lynn132 on Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

rella

Post by rella » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:33 am

The only thing we provided was a job offer letter. We didn't provide a budget, bank statements or anything else. So, we gave them one piece of paper for that part.

We're not planning on doing anything more this time around. Guess they'll have all that stuff for other sections -- we're giving them nearly a year in bank statements to prove earnings, so maybe we can ask them to refer to that in this section. And they'll see it coincides with the job offer, so that it was real.

What fun to do it all again! At least it's all pretty much ready to go. Just have to redo a bit and organize it again and put it back together, since they keep all your clips and things. I bet they do that to bring down posting expenses. What do you think they do with mountains of heavy duty clips and ring binders?
:lol:

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:36 am

Well, I think I said before somewhere that their office supply budget must be really low!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

rella

Post by rella » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:37 am

The address is in the LA service area. We have to go to NYC anyway, so it'll really, really suck to be right there by the consulate and have to go 3000 miles. Might be worth a chance if we go straight to NYC, though, so we have time to go to LA if we have to. If my husband is approved again, I'll try to contact NYC and see if they'll agree to let us go there.

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:38 am

It's harder for them to say no if you're standing in front of them!

rella

Post by rella » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:41 am

Oh... I'll also watch you guys if you go first to see how fast it goes if you apply by mail. I really think, in our case, it might be better to be there in person to explain the whole ridiculous mess. It's probably not worth the risk of mailing it in and having them refuse it because the whole case is so confusing.

Guess we'll just go... blech!

Ok... dragging myself to bed before the sun comes up. Thanks for answering my questions.