ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent eligibility for ILR - Main application Long residence ILR submitted

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Thambidurai
India

Re: Dependent eligibility for ILR - Main application Long residence ILR submitted

Post by Thambidurai » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:58 pm

Sorry for the long post but i would be very grateful to get some advise on the below.

Per my above posts. I have applied for SET (LR) on 11th Aug and submitted biometrics on 8th Sep and had hoped to get a decision on my ILR before changing my wife and children visa’s to FLR (M). My wife and children are currently on ‘PBS Dependant Leave to Remain’ visa which is valid until 25th Sep 2022.

As mentioned, I had hoped to get a decision on my SET (LR) before applying FLR(M) for my spouse and children but I have not had a decision yet. As IHS fees are sharply increasing now from 27th Oct, am planning to file their FLR(M) visa application this week to avoid the increased IHS cost, please advise if it is legal to do this by attaching a cover letter?

Also, I tried filling the online FLR (M) form my spouse and children and has got some questions. It would be of great help if you can advise on the below questions as I have not really filled such applications myself before as I had gone through a solicitor even for my SET (LR).

Questions on my spouse application:
1) Chose ‘other’ (Visit, work, study, family, EEA residence permit, settlement, other are the options given) for the question ‘What type of visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission do you have to be in the UK?’ – Is this correct as my spouse is on visa ‘PBS Dependant Leave To Remain? ‘
2) Chose the option ‘As the partner of a British citizen, settled person or a person with refugee leave or humanitarian protection in the UK’ for the question ‘On what basis did you apply for your current visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission?’ – Is this correct as am still not a settled person as awaiting a decision on my ILR ?
3) What to answer for the question ‘If you were required to leave the UK, what country would you go to?’
4) Should answer Yes or No for the question ‘Are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country?’ ?
5) What should be selected for the question ‘What is your partner’s basis for living in the UK?’-
British Citizen, Settled in the UK, Other ? – Again the questions arises as am still awaiting a decision on my ILR
6) Should answer Yes or No for the question ‘Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)?’ – Question arises as my wife had PBS dependant leave to remain extension done within UK before
7) Chose ‘First application as a partner from within the UK (for example, you are currently in the UK on another type of visa or permission to stay)’ to the question ‘Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension, this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type.’ – Is this correct?
8) What did you first meet your partner ? – Can this be the date of marriage or needs to be before ? Mine is an arranged marriage before and I just met her once before marriage.
9) What to enter for ‘Do you and your partner have any shared financial responsibilities? For example, council tax, utility bills, mortgage or rent, childcare costs, loan payments – My wife pays just utility bills though her name appears on Mortgage and Council tax bills too
10) What to fill for ‘Where have you lived together?’ - We lived together on different addresses. Should I enter the current address where we are living together?
11) What type of ceremony was your wedding or civil partnership? – What to answer for this as mine was an arranged marriage conducted on a marriage hall
12) What to answer for ‘Could you and your partner live together outside the UK if necessary?’

Questions on Children Application:
13) What details should be provided for the question ‘Provide details of the role you take in Mr Prajeet Thambidurai's upbringing, including details of your parental responsibility or access arrangements’? – My sone lives with both me and my spouse together at the same address.
14) Should answer Yes or No ‘If you left the UK, do you and your children have family or friends in the country you would return to?’
15) A check box provided to confirm that ‘Birth certificate of both of Mr Prajeet Thambidurai's parents’ will be provided – do we need birth certificate of both parents as the list of document checklist at the end of the application did not specify birth certificate of parents
16) What to answer for ‘Would you like to provide any other information to show that you have a genuine and active parental relationship with Mr Prajeet Thambidurai?’ – Do I need to provide any evidence of my son living at the same address as us and also what evidence is need to show that we are the parent of him?

Home Details:
17) How much mortgage do you pay each month? – As this is my wife application, am confused on what she needs to answer. Both me and my wife are a joint owner but I pay the mortgage though my wife name also appears on statements. Since it is a question on my wife application, should she answer zero ?

Documents:
18) What to answer for the question ‘Would your children be affected if your application was refused?’ – Just wanted to check if answering No would make it easier to reject the application ?

Declaration:
19) What to answer for the question ‘Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?’ – For financial requirement, am going to show my pay slips and bank statement and not my wife’s, so should she answer Yes to this question as account information supplied will be of mine and not my wife ?

Thanks very much in advance.

Thambidurai
India

Re: Dependent eligibility for ILR - Main application Long residence ILR submitted

Post by Thambidurai » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:10 pm

Please can I get some advise on the above post. Sorry for the long post as I have not really done this myself before.

Thambidurai
India

Post by Thambidurai » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:52 pm

Hi,
I managed to get answers through other posts here, submitted FLRM application yesterday and booked bio metric for 16th Nov.

Have few questions, could you please advise
a) Am I allowed to upload documents multiple times or all needs to be uploaded together just once ?
b) Once uploaded, can I remove uploaded doc ? Reason am asking is I need to attach a cover letter to hold the decision on FLRM until my set (LR) decision is made, based on trend seen my LR decision should come by mid Nov before FLRM biometric, so can I remove cover letter closer to biometric appt if my set (LR) application is successful by then
c) It's not clear if passport photo and address page alone is sufficient or full passport including blank pages are required for both my spouse and child, please clarify
d) Consent forms are in PDF format. Since working from home, no option to print, sign and scan the PDF. Will it be ok if I write the same content in a white paper, get required signatures, scan and attach the same as PDF ?

Thanks a lot for advise in advance.

Thambidurai
India

Post by Thambidurai » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:00 pm

Also please advise if current BRP alone should be uploaded or copies of old BRPs should also be uploaded. Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:11 pm

Thambidurai wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:52 pm
Hi,
I managed to get answers through other posts here, submitted FLRM application yesterday and booked bio metric for 16th Nov.

Have few questions, could you please advise
a) Am I allowed to upload documents multiple times or all needs to be uploaded together just once ?
b) Once uploaded, can I remove uploaded doc ? Reason am asking is I need to attach a cover letter to hold the decision on FLRM until my set (LR) decision is made, based on trend seen my LR decision should come by mid Nov before FLRM biometric, so can I remove cover letter closer to biometric appt if my set (LR) application is successful by then
c) It's not clear if passport photo and address page alone is sufficient or full passport including blank pages are required for both my spouse and child, please clarify
d) Consent forms are in PDF format. Since working from home, no option to print, sign and scan the PDF. Will it be ok if I write the same content in a white paper, get required signatures, scan and attach the same as PDF ?

Thanks a lot for advise in advance.

A) you can carrying on uploading until the date/few hours before of the biometrics. (Go through the latest instructions)

B) Instead uploading then removing it, why not you upload it very close to your appointment.

C) There are mix opinion & experiences

D) No you can't replace this with your own made one. Depending on your area, most of the computer shops/libraries are now operating & offering printing amenity.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:12 pm

Thambidurai wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:00 pm
Also please advise if current BRP alone should be uploaded or copies of old BRPs should also be uploaded. Thanks
The old voided BRP card won't be needed.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Thambidurai
India

Post by Thambidurai » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:21 pm

@seagul - Thank you very much for the inputs, much helpful :)

Thambidurai
India

Post by Thambidurai » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:02 am

Just one question @seagul

B) Instead uploading then removing it, why not you upload it very close to your appointment.
Question: I can upload all other documents now but covering letter alone I can wait until last moment to upload right or your suggestion is to upload all docs at the last moment

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:06 pm

Thambidurai wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:02 am

Question: I can upload all other documents now but covering letter alone I can wait until last moment to upload right or your suggestion is to upload all docs at the last moment
Ultimately the decision lies with you. Endeavour to give yourself enough time lest you do a botched job at uploading. Can leave cover letter as last to enable you cover all points you want to highlight or address.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:10 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:06 pm
Thambidurai wrote:

Ultimately the decision lies with you. Endeavour to give yourself enough time lest you do a botched job at uploading. Can leave cover letter as last to enable you cover all points you want to highlight or address.
Note that leave it as last does NOT mean leave it till last day
Or date of biometrics, but till when you know there is no other new thing to add in the letter or amendment you need to make on the cover letter.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:55 pm

Thambidurai wrote:

Yes you can continue to upload all documents except covering letter which you can upload at later as per your needs.

Thambidurai
India

Post by Thambidurai » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:31 pm

Thanks both @Seagul and @ AmazonianX

Thambidurai
India

Post by Thambidurai » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:54 am

Hi, a question on the evidence to prove that both me and spouse are living together for 2 years.

Am planning to provide mortgage statement as a proof which is in a joint name for more than 2 years, I was planning to provide this as one evidence for 2019 say for Mar 2019 but the statement from the bank is not generated monthly and all I can get is a full statement with transactions listed for last 2 years generated on current date. Though the statement from the bank shows both our names and all monthly trans from Nov 2018 but the generated date is Oct 2020, will this be fine to show as proof say for Mar 2019 ?

Also can pay slips with address be shown as proof ?

Thanks much for your advise.

Thambidurai
India

Post by Thambidurai » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:59 am

A sub question on address evidence. It was mentioned that evidence should be given by equally spreading it.

Council tax statement issued before finance year begins is one I was planning to use as it is in joint name. I have one issued in Mar 2020 but strangely the one issued the year before was issued in Feb itself so I could not use it for Mar 2019 evidence, is it fine to provide evidence for Feb 2019 instead of Mar 2019 or I will have to look for alternative for Mar 2019 exactly.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:26 am

Thambidurai wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:59 am
A sub question on address evidence. It was mentioned that evidence should be given by equally spreading it.

Council tax statement issued before finance year begins is one I was planning to use as it is in joint name. I have one issued in Mar 2020 but strangely the one issued the year before was issued in Feb itself so I could not use it for Mar 2019 evidence, is it fine to provide evidence for Feb 2019 instead of Mar 2019 or I will have to look for alternative for Mar 2019 exactly.
You can only try as much as possible to keep it spread evenly but sometimes not achievable. Nothing stops you from listing the evidence you listed up there despite not exactly coinciding in month.

Thambidurai
India

Post by Thambidurai » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:16 pm

Thank you @AmazonianX.

It would be great if some advise can be provided on my other question too, copy pasted the same below

Am planning to provide mortgage statement as a proof which is in a joint name for more than 2 years, I was planning to provide this as one evidence for 2019 say for Mar 2019 but the statement from the bank is not generated monthly and all I can get is a full statement with transactions listed for last 2 years generated on current date. Though the statement from the bank shows both our names and all monthly trans from Nov 2018 but the generated date is Oct 2020, will this be fine to show as proof say for Mar 2019 ?

Also can pay slips with address be shown as proof ?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:26 pm

The date of the issuance/printing/downloading of the document will matter regardless of its coverage.

Yes a payslip or any similar proof can be utilized.

Thambidurai
India

Post by Thambidurai » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:48 pm

Thanks @seagul

Thambidurai
India

Post by Thambidurai » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:06 pm

Hi, i had both my wife and child on the FLRM application. Mandatory documents like finances, residence proof for 2 years, utility and house accommodation proof were all listed as required just once so I have a question if I need to upload the same proof both for my spouse and child as upload document link is mentioned separately for both.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:21 pm

Thambidurai wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:06 pm
Hi, i had both my wife and child on the FLRM application. Mandatory documents like finances, residence proof for 2 years, utility and house accommodation proof were all listed as required just once so I have a question if I need to upload the same proof both for my spouse and child as upload document link is mentioned separately for both.
I will still upload the supporting documents for both for avoiding any confusion leading to delays.

Thambidurai
India

Post by Thambidurai » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:38 pm

Thank you very much @seagul

Thambidurai
India

Post by Thambidurai » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:13 pm

Hi, I have now submitted all docs for FLRM visa including a updated cover letter as got my ILR approved last week.

I know it's a long shot but just thought to clarify if both my wife and son who will be going into FLRM visa would be immediately eligible for Naturalization after getting ILR in 5 years or they will be required to wait 1 year after receiving ILR before they can apply for Naturalization.

Thanks,
Thambidurai

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:17 pm

Thambidurai wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:13 pm
Hi, I have now submitted all docs for FLRM visa including a updated cover letter as got my ILR approved last week.

I know it's a long shot but just thought to clarify if both my wife and son who will be going into FLRM visa would be immediately eligible for Naturalization after getting ILR in 5 years or they will be required to wait 1 year after receiving ILR before they can apply for Naturalization.

Thanks,
Thambidurai
Immediately after securing ILR assuming you are a British national. You can ask about it in its relevant section when will be eligible & ready.

Thambidurai
India

Post by Thambidurai » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:19 pm

Thank you, sure.