ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (M) - Online application ... uncertainties

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bucki

Re: Applying for SET(M) but made redundant

Post by Bucki » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:56 pm

OH DEAR!!

Just noticed that my NSI account is open since May 2020
and it won't be 6month... damn, what :roll:

hmmm

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:57 pm

Bucki wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:41 pm
seagul wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:45 pm
All are correct because nothing adverse will happen if by miracle the caseworker won't liaise with the employer.
Sorry, I do not understand what you mean by that?
Can you please simplify for me...

As far as I know, the HO never contacted my employer to check if I work there or not ...
The main crux is that, despite the official guidance says that the income/circumstances on the time of application matters but caseworker still expects the person to remain employed at least until his/her enquiry (not sure whether will it be the case during this epidemic). In addition to this, on several occasions many members have reported of have been contacted by the caseworker for supplying the most recent financial documents. Therefore, if the caseworker wont bother to contact your employer then all will be well.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Bucki

Post by Bucki » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:25 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:57 pm

The main crux is that, despite the official guidance says that the income/circumstances on the time of application matters but caseworker still expects the person to remain employed at least until his/her enquiry...
Well, @Zimba is making a statement that it is only required at the point of application.
Whereas you saying the caseworker may want to know if I am still employed.

Now, is it Chicken or the Egg?
I want to apply via the Category A ...

I was hopping I can also provide my savings but I opened the account recently in May and won't be 6month.
Though all the money has come from my other bank accounts.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:58 pm

Bucki wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:25 pm

That is what some members had experienced.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:52 pm

Bucki wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:25 pm
seagul wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:57 pm

The main crux is that, despite the official guidance says that the income/circumstances on the time of application matters but caseworker still expects the person to remain employed at least until his/her enquiry...
Well, @Zimba is making a statement that it is only required at the point of application.

Now, is it Chicken or the Egg?
I want to apply via the Category A ...

I was hopping I can also provide my savings but I opened the account recently in May and won't be 6month.
Though all the money has come from my other bank accounts.
You either go read the guide and rules or you stay confused and repeat yourself. I told you what the rules explicitly specify and what you should follow. Immigration rules are not based on how you feel or what others claim to be true :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Bucki

SET (M) - Online application ... uncertainties

Post by Bucki » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:12 am

Hi

I have started to complete the SET (M) form online for my wife.
I believe that I have all documents... but have some uncertainties :/

Throughout the online application, there was a question "Do you own or rent your home?"
We selected OTHER and explained that we share the house at my parents.

As a results, it asks the following:

I confirm I will provide:
Proof of property ownership from the owner of the property you live in, such as a mortgage statement
Copy of an ID document of the owner of the property you live in, such as a passport
Letter signed by the owner of the property you live in stating that you have permission to live there

Then, further down it asked: "Do you currently live with parents, friends or family rent-free?"
So we live at parents (free) but my parents rent it from housing association.

Now, it wants this proof:

Is the person you are living with renting or the property owner?
Renting
Documents I will provide to confirm my current living arrangements:
Proof of property ownership from the owner of the property you live in, such as a mortgage statement
Copy of an ID document of the owner of the property you live in, such as a passport
Letter signed by the owner of the property you live in stating that you have permission to live there
Letter from the person renting the property you live in stating you have permission to live there

All we can provide is: a consent from my parents and a letter from landlord to confirm the number of bedrooms, when tenancy started and current tenants. I can also include copy of my parents passports but there is no chance I can provide proof for mortgage, ID documents from landlord!!

Proof of Address:

it talks about 6 x joint names etc. Well, we do not have bills or rents.
We can provide bank statements, mobile bill and broadband bill or a letter from NHS

Not sure if this will be enough :/
Also, how many letters in total do we need cos as of now I have a lot of statements coving 2 years.

Last but not least:

Scanning of documents, it is not clear to me if we HAVE TO scan every single page of both passports: mine and hers? I have new british passport since feb and is blank and are no holiday stamps on mine... whilst on my wifes passport is covered of lot of stamps.

Marriage certificate is not on the checklist to provide. why? is it not required for SET M?
Shall I include it never the less?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SET (M) - Online application ... uncertainties

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:21 am

Bucki wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:12 am

Throughout the online application, there was a question "Do you own or rent your home?"
I will still answer it as "renting" despite aren't paying any rent whilst still belongs to the same household where other family members (parents) are paying the rent.
Bucki wrote:

All we can provide is: a consent from my parents and a letter from landlord to confirm the number of bedrooms, when tenancy started and current tenants. I can also include copy of my parents passports but there is no chance I can provide proof for mortgage, ID documents from landlord!!
Above documents should be suffice to meet the accommodation
Bucki wrote:
Proof of Address:

it talks about 6 x joint names etc. Well, we do not have bills or rents.
We can provide bank statements, mobile bill and broadband bill or a letter from NHS
These 3 sources should be fine provided kept yielding the bills/statements from the last 2 years with the even gaps of 3-4 months. Usually 6 piece of documents (if joint named) or 12 if in sole names or mix n match covering the last 2 years from at least 3 sources are needed.
Bucki wrote:
Scanning of documents, it is not clear to me if we HAVE TO scan every single page of both passports: mine and hers? I have new british passport since feb and is blank and are no holiday stamps on mine... whilst on my wifes passport is covered of lot of stamps.
If possible then the whole of the pages of applicant's passport should be scanned including the blank ones. However, for sponsor, only the bio page of British passport should be suffice.
Bucki wrote:
Marriage certificate is not on the checklist to provide. why? is it not required for SET M?
Shall I include it never the less?
Simply provide it.

Bucki

Post by Bucki » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:03 am

Bucki wrote:
seagul wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:21 am
I will still answer it as "renting" despite aren't paying any rent whilst still belongs to the same household where other family members (parents) are paying the rent.
Now, then. I am interested to know what others have selected if they are in my case.
If I choose "Rent" then it will needs the monthly rent amount and rented by whom.

Also it asks to provide the following:

Evidence of monthly housing costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live
For example, a tenancy or mortgage agreement
Evidence of council tax costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live

So then I need to include my parent's council tax and the monthly cost :/ which I think is a bit out of context because we share the property and we do not pay those.

Besides, I could leave those settings and still provide the council tax and monthly rent pay as evidence.

Hmm

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:19 pm

Bucki wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:03 am

Also it asks to provide the following:

Evidence of monthly housing costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live
For example, a tenancy or mortgage agreement
Evidence of council tax costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live

So then I need to include my parent's council tax and the monthly cost :/ which I think is a bit out of context because we share the property and we do not pay those.

Besides, I could leave those settings and still provide the council tax and monthly rent pay as evidence.

Hmm
In my opinion, since the application form covers all scenarios, I suspect that question partly addressing over those who are relying on adequate maintenance instead financial requirement.

Bucki

Post by Bucki » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:35 pm

Sorru
seagul wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:19 pm
In my opinion, since the application form covers all scenarios, I suspect that question partly addressing over those who are relying on adequate maintenance instead financial requirement.
Sorry, you lost me here...
I guess I leave OTHER as explained and then provide the documents I have.

As per proof of Address, this is what I have so far

12 x Bank Statement covering from 2018 until present (Joint Names)
8 x Broadband Bills covering from 2019 until present (Joint Names)
6 x Mobile Bills covering from 2019 until present (Wife's Name)

I think if I submit all these, it's too much?
What do you think... shall I simply submit 6 x in total and select 2 x from each category?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:40 pm

Bucki wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:35 pm

I guess I leave OTHER as explained and then provide the documents I have.
As you wish
Bucki wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:35 pm

shall I simply submit 6 x in total and select 2 x from each category?
Yes you can do that

Bucki

Post by Bucki » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:14 pm

Sorry ...

The bankstatements: do they have to be scanned every page of transaction.
or is it mainly the front page to show name/address and a summary of the balance?

I have printed a seperate statement to show the money in from my employer only (covering last 2 years).

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:22 pm

Bucki wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:14 pm
Sorry ...

The bankstatements: do they have to be scanned every page of transaction.
or is it mainly the front page to show name/address and a summary of the balance?

I have printed a seperate statement to show the money in from my employer only (covering last 2 years).
Bank statements/utility bills/any other evidence must be scanned in its fullness especially the ones with pages such as 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3. Simply download these in pdf.