ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU family member deported from the airport

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Obie
Ireland

Re: EU family member deported from the airport

Post by Obie » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:06 pm

UK245 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:59 pm
Obie wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:18 am
That is not the law. Under EU law, border staff cannot revoke residence because the spouses do not live together, even if they plan to divorce later.

EU law does not permit that.
they didn't revoke residence, they just didn't allow entry. And yes, EU law does permit that.
That doesn't make any sense. Under the scheme in the regulations, a person with a valid residence card, will be allowed entry, unless they cease from having a right, in which case their Residence card is revoked, with the consequence that it ceaaes to have effect.

An immigration cannot refuse entry without first revoking a valid residence card.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

UK245
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by UK245 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:39 pm

You have it wrong. They didn't "revoke residence card" they merely came to understand that the pax was attempting to use a residence card that they were not entitled to. Airport immigration cannot officially revoke a residence card, but they don't have to. It's akin to using a fake one...you may have one, but it doesn't count for entry.

I think a lot of people here don't understand how border control works or what powers they have.

Kajar
Newly Registered
England

Post by Kajar » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:59 am

UK245 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:39 pm
You have it wrong. They didn't "revoke residence card" they merely came to understand that the pax was attempting to use a residence card that they were not entitled to. Airport immigration cannot officially revoke a residence card, but they don't have to. It's akin to using a bad quality one...you may have one, but it doesn't count for entry.

I think a lot of people here don't understand how border control works or what powers they have.

Hi,

The letter they handed me at the airport it said we have revoked your permit, the truth is I was with my wife and we worked together there was another guy working at the same place , I was shift manager at the palace sometimes I had to do nights and she started going out with the guy, I couldnt give my attention and I found out later but then we tried to discuss it but always end up in argument, the day I went pakistan and after she moved out with guy, my father was ill and I had to go in emergency and I went couple of times before but I never got stopped like this and then situation was same with her working on and off, I could have taken the divorce before leaving the uk and applied for my retained residency card, unfortunately I didn't thought that things will get this messy and when I was airport I was stressed with the situations I wasnt even happy then coming back and I agreed that I'm happy to go and they had the reason that she's not valid sponsor at the moment, theres no activity from her and she moved out I didnt know the address and she changed her number ,after a year she tried to contact me for divorce. But then I was depressed no job nothing left

UK245
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by UK245 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:03 am

None of that is relevant. The only thing that matter is that you were using a residence permission that you were not entitled to, and of course you were not allowed entry when this was discovered.
End of story.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:31 pm

the truth is I was with my wife and we worked together
Did you live together at one point?

Kajar
Newly Registered
England