ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence more than 30 days in a year

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Absence more than 30 days in a year

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:19 pm

Ash1444 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:52 pm
vinny wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:59 am
They didn’t specify that an employer’s letter must be long.
I guess you're missing my point. My first question was that based on this sentence: "You still need evidence where the absences in a 12 month period (asdefined above) exceed 30 working days plus statutory public holidays." and the fact that I have mentioned in my application that I had family issues and therefore had been away from the UK for more 30 days, do I need to provide any "Additional" explanations/documents or not.
I thought they might need some extra evidence for longer periods since they had added that specific sentence in the Guidance.

Thanks for the feedback though.
No extra evidence is required. You are required to follow the rules not what you feel or believe is necessary. If it is not asked, then it is not required
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ash1444
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Ash1444 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:21 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:19 pm
No extra evidence is required. You are required to follow the rules not what you feel or believe is necessary. If it is not asked, then it is not required
Thanks Zimba.
I write this for anyone else who might be wondering where that 30-day limit comes from. That was basically my mistake, as that sentence is related to the subsection "Interim caseworker action - missing evidence". I thought it was a general statement about Tier2.

TaherLy
United Kingdom

Post by TaherLy » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:55 pm

Ash1444 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:21 pm
Zimba wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:19 pm
Thanks Zimba.
I write this for anyone else who might be wondering where that 30-day limit comes from. That was basically my mistake, as that sentence is related to the subsection "Interim caseworker action - missing evidence". I thought it was a general statement about Tier2.

Hi Ash

I’m in a similar position as you as had to work remotely for a few days while on a holiday. Could you please let me know if you have submitted your ILR application and would be appreciated if you shed some light on the type of evidence you provided ?