ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Two application (Extension & ILR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

November30
Newly Registered
India

Re: Two application (Extension & ILR)

Post by November30 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:43 pm

Not sure why you applied for a PBS dep extension when you were advised to apply for ILR and schedule your appointment for when you qualified. We even provided you with the link and evidence from the official UKVI guidance about this. - I remember calling HO and they scared me by saying that if you apply for ILR when you are short for few days the caseworker will reject.
Hence I applied PBS and then varying it to ILR Set O.

P.S. i have merged your topics. Thank you for merging. This makes it easier. I was unable to trace my post.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Two application (Extension & ILR)

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:47 pm

I remember calling HO and they scared me by saying that if you apply for ILR when you are short for few days the caseworker will reject. Hence I applied PBS and then varying it to ILR Set O.
The call centre is outsourced to a third party agent company, who frequently give out incorrect information. You are not talking directly to UKVI staff. You have been very misinformed, especially as the guidance was specifically posted for you about being eligible on the DATE OF DECISION by the caseworker.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.