ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online Application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fizzy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Online Application

Post by fizzy2020 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:20 pm

Thank you.

It was a really stupid mistake that I am kicking myself over now. Hopefully when this document comes. I can submit straightaway as everything else is ready.

I ordered my title deeds from Land Registry. They are dated 28th October. Do these need to be within 28 days too? Or is that just for the financial documents?

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:50 pm

fizzy2020 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:20 pm
I ordered my title deeds from Land Registry. They are dated 28th October. Do these need to be within 28 days too? Or is that just for the financial documents?
The date on it is fine.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:04 pm

fizzy2020 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:20 pm
Thank you.

It was a really stupid mistake that I am kicking myself over now. Hopefully when this document comes. I can submit straightaway as everything else is ready.

I agree with Korekt.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

fizzy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Documents Checklist

Post by fizzy2020 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:01 am

Hi everyone

I finally got the document I was waiting for regarding my premium bonds. I will be submitting in the next couple of days. Please can you help me by checking the below document list as I really don’t want to have to cancel and resubmit again due to any errors I make. Please can you let me know if I need to add something and if the dates on documents are all ok.
I also wanted to provide a little history – I have an arranged marriage with my husband, arranged by our parents. He is based in India. We got married in November 2019 in India.

FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS
  • 6 months Stamped and signed bank statements (20th June to 24th December 2020 – Signed and stamped on 31st Dec)
  • Declaration letter from myself regarding source of cash savings
  • Declaration letter from father regarding cash gift
  • Fathers bank statement showing money leaving his account
  • My bank statement showing money entering my account
  • Premium Bond transaction history dated 22nd December – shows I held money in bond form for more than 6 months before cashing it in on 3rd September into bank account (from statements above)
ACCOMMODATION DOCUMENTS
  • Letter from parents providing permission to stay at their home
  • Council Property Inspection Report
  • Title Deeds dated 28th October
  • Mortgage Completion Proof
  • Latest Council Tax Bill
  • Latest Gas/Electricity and Broadband Bill
  • Home Insurance Certificate
PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Wedding Invitation
  • Photo Diary – 24 photos annotated with date and place and people present
  • Travel and receipt proof – Flight confirmations, hotel bookings and receipts e.g. pizza delivery
  • WhatsApp Chat Screenshots – Dec 19 to Dec 20 – 50 chats – roughly 1 per week
  • WhatsApp Call Log History - talked nearly everyday
  • WhatsApp Call Duration History -shows 1-2 hours per day
  • Letters of Support – My father, brother, sister, husbands brother
APPLICANT DOCUMENTS
  • Applicant Passport
  • Applicant Support Statement
  • Applicant TB Certificate
  • Applicant A1 IELTS Certificate
  • Applicant Degree Certificate
  • Applicant Aadhar card (India Government ID card)
SPONSOR DOCUMENTS
  • Cover Letter written by me
  • My Passport
  • Confirmation of employment letter
  • My mobile Phone bill – proof of address
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS
  • Appendix II form
  • SU07 Sponsorship form

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Documents Checklist

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:24 am

• Home Insurance Certificate
  • Letters of Support – My father, brother, sister, husbands brother
  • Applicant Support Statement
  • Applicant Aadhar card (India Government ID card)
None of these are required. Letters of support carry no weight because anyone can write anything you ask them to.
  • Applicant Degree Certificate
Why are you submitting this if she is using the A1 test to meet the English requirment?? Ukvi don't care about her qualifications.
If you are relying on savings, why are you submitting an employment letter?? You will just complicate things if you submit the letter and no payslips and banks statements showing your income.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS
  • Appendix II form
  • SU07 Sponsorship form
Not required. The online form has the financial questions so appendix 2 not needed. SU07 is NOT required for a spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fizzy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fizzy2020 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:45 pm

Thank you CR001.

With regards to my husband's (applicant) passport - he hasn't used it so no stamps or visas. Do I need to upload the blank pages to show this or is it okay to just mention this?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:57 pm

fizzy2020 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:45 pm
Thank you CR001.

With regards to my husband's (applicant) passport - he hasn't used it so no stamps or visas. Do I need to upload the blank pages to show this or is it okay to just mention this?
Still scan and upload ALL pages.

fizzy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fizzy2020 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:12 am

Thank you for the answer... I will scan all the pages. I have a few more questions below:
  • Is it the same for my passport (sponsor)? All pages need to be scanned - even blank ones?
  • Is it okay for me to combine documents into one pdf file? For example,I have combined all the accommodation documents in one file with a list of contents on the first page.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:32 am

fizzy2020 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:12 am
Thank you for the answer... I will scan all the pages. I have a few more questions below:
  • Is it the same for my passport (sponsor)? All pages need to be scanned - even blank ones? Photo/biometrics pages only from sponsor's passport will suffice
  • Is it okay for me to combine documents into one pdf file? For example,I have combined all the accommodation documents in one file with a list of contents on the first page.
for sake of good order, such crucial requirements better not be muddled up. Ensure legible,within size limits and sequential as per date to make life of CW easier.

fizzy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Documents Checklist

Post by fizzy2020 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:03 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:24 am
If you are relying on savings, why are you submitting an employment letter?? You will just complicate things if you submit the letter and no payslips and banks statements showing your income.
With regards to my employment letter, I included this because a part of my cash savings is from my regular salary. I thought they might want to see proof of my employment because of that. Will it not be necessary then?

fizzy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Photos

Post by fizzy2020 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:18 pm

Hi all

Most of the photos I have included have been sent to me by others especially of our wedding time. Is it ok if I annotate the photos in a word document with the date instead of screenshots of the photos with the date (as this date is reflecting when the photo was sent to me)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Photos

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:56 am

fizzy2020 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:18 pm
Hi all

Most of the photos I have included have been sent to me by others especially of our wedding time. Is it ok if I annotate the photos in a word document with the date instead of screenshots of the photos with the date (as this date is reflecting when the photo was sent to me)
Yes you can annotate them and get them uploaded in compliance with requirements as per format and size.

fizzy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fizzy2020 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:11 pm

Thank you AmazonianX for your help. Thank you everyone who has helped me.

I am close to submitting but after last time, I keep checking everything again as don't want to make mistakes. Just wanted to confirm, is it only the financial documents that have to be dated 28 days before date of application? Are there any other time conditions for other documents?

Lagado
United Kingdom

Post by Lagado » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:31 pm

Your employment letter has to be within 28 days too, If you do plan on submitting that

fizzy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fizzy2020 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:43 pm

Thank you Lagado

Regarding planned date of arrival in UK in the application form - if I put April 2021 and my husband gets visa in March 2021, does that mean he wont be able to come until April?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:12 pm

fizzy2020 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:43 pm
Thank you Lagado

Regarding planned date of arrival in UK in the application form - if I put April 2021 and my husband gets visa in March 2021, does that mean he wont be able to come until April?
In previous situations, HO will try to work around the date you indicated as time when visa vignette will be valid from. However, once granted applicant is not excluded from travelling within the date vignette is valid from whichever date this is.

fizzy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fizzy2020 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:30 pm

Thank you

On the application form, the following question is confusing me:

"Does (sponsorname) have a confirmed offer of employment in the UK starting within 3 months of their return?"

I am not sure how to answer this as I have a job already and where are they asking I am returning from?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:53 pm

fizzy2020 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:30 pm
Thank you

On the application form, the following question is confusing me:

"Does (sponsorname) have a confirmed offer of employment in the UK starting within 3 months of their return?"

I am not sure how to answer this as I have a job already and where are they asking I am returning from?
The above is a question for BC who are returning from abroad with their spouse and needs to meet they criteria of having a guaranteed job starting within 3 months of their return to UK to meet financial requirements.
Go over your application as it appears you have answered one of the questions wrongly and hence the questions you subsequently got..

fizzy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fizzy2020 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:07 pm

I checked everything again. The question comes in the finance section after I have declared I am relying solely on cash savings.
In addition I checked the rest of the application and everything is correct. I even wrote no to will i be travelling to uk with applicant. I have declared my British citizenship and shown my British address. Im not sure why this is happening

fizzy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fizzy2020 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:23 pm

Hi all, please can I have some advice regarding the below:

I have responded no to the question on the application "Does (sponsorname) have a confirmed offer of employment in the UK starting within 3 months of their return?"

I have also included the below in the extra information part at the end. Please can anyone let me know what they think. I have checked the application and there is nothing to suggest I dont live in the UK plus we have wholly relied on cash savings.

" With regards to the question "Does (sponsorname) have a confirmed offer of employment in the UK starting within 3 months of their return?" - My wife, (sponsorname) lives in the UK and has always lived there. She also works there and has worked at her current role since (date). We have included an employment proof letter."

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:16 pm

fizzy2020 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:07 pm
I checked everything again. The question comes in the finance section after I have declared I am relying solely on cash savings.
In addition I checked the rest of the application and everything is correct. I even wrote no to will i be travelling to uk with applicant. I have declared my British citizenship and shown my British address. Im not sure why this is happening
Then I don't know what is a miss. Review again and if same address it in cover letter.

fizzy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fizzy2020 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:30 pm

Hi everyone, thank you for your help. I am finally ready to submit today. This has been a very stressful time but this forum has really helped. I am usually very confident but have been the opposite in this process. I just had one final question about my bank statements:

I have over 6 months bank statements up to 24th December 2020 stamped and signed in branch on 31st December 2020. I am submitting today on the 7th January. Do the timings meet all the requirements?

I know it may seem stupid to ask this but I just need someone to check that I have calculated everything correctly.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:34 pm

fizzy2020 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:30 pm
Hi everyone, thank you for your help. I am finally ready to submit today. This has been a very stressful time but this forum has really helped. I am usually very confident but have been the opposite in this process. I just had one final question about my bank statements:

I have over 6 months bank statements up to 24th December 2020 stamped and signed in branch on 31st December 2020. I am submitting today on the 7th January. Do the timings meet all the requirements?

I know it may seem stupid to ask this but I just need someone to check that I have calculated everything correctly.
Yes, the timing meets up as the last statement is still within 28days of application submission date.

fizzy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fizzy2020 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:50 pm

Hi all
Thank you so much for all your help. My husband received his passport with visa today. It took under 8 weeks.