ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UAE issued Decree Absolute.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sameeraa
Newly Registered

Re: UAE issued Decree Absolute.

Post by Sameeraa » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:36 pm

Thank you - one other thing?
Do you know the correct link for applying for the spouse visa from Pakistan, online? In some literature, it states that all supporting documents must be sent to Sheffield UK from Pakistan, is this correct, another thing is there a list of what documents are required to be uploaded and sent to Sheffield Uk.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:48 pm

Sameeraa wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:36 pm
Thank you - one other thing?
Do you know the correct link for applying for the spouse visa from Pakistan, online? In some literature, it states that all supporting documents must be sent to Sheffield UK from Pakistan, is this correct, another thing is there a list of what documents are required to be uploaded and sent to Sheffield Uk.
Follow the “outside UK” link for entry clearance application. The checklist should tell you about documents and where to send them.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ly-members
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Sameeraa
Newly Registered

Post by Sameeraa » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:45 pm

thank you again for your swift response.

Sameeraa
Newly Registered

Post by Sameeraa » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:13 pm

on checking the papers issued by Abu Dhabi court, it states that it is a certificate of first revocable divorce on 16/10/2019, I can't find anywhere stating it is a decree absolute.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:18 pm

Sameeraa wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:13 pm
on checking the papers issued by Abu Dhabi court, it states that it is a certificate of first revocable divorce on 16/10/2019, I can't find anywhere stating it is a decree absolute.
Q: What types of divorce exist under Sharia?

A: There are two types of divorce – revocable and irrevocable. The revocable divorce will allow the parties to maintain a valid marriage, until the conclusion of the waiting period of three months. After this period, if they wish to reconcile, they must do so by entering into a new marriage contract.

The irrevocable divorce ends the marriage as soon as it has happened. There are two types of irrevocable divorce, the irrevocable divorce with “small intent”, where the divorced woman can reconcile with her husband only with a new marriage contract and dowry, or the irrevocable divorce with “big intent” where the divorced woman can return to her husband only after marrying another husband, consummating the marriage, divorcing him and waiting until the end of the grace period stipulated after divorce in Islam.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:23 pm

Sameeraa
Newly Registered

Post by Sameeraa » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:39 am

my 1st divorce was Talaq-e-Raj’i took place on 16th October 2019. on transaction ref, xxxxxx family file xxxxxx in Abu Dhabi. with an entry in family file xxxxx. the first divorce classed as decree nisi, and the second divorce automatically occurred after The Iddah period of 3 menstrual cycles and reconciliation did not occur therefore became a 2nd divorce Talaq classed as a Talaq-e-Ba’in. the second divorce equivalent to a decree absolute. What I'm not sure about is whether the court physically issues a decree absolute for this, although im told under sharia law no such wording ..i,e decree nisi or absolute appear in the wording.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:17 am

Sameeraa wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:39 am
my 1st divorce was Talaq-e-Raj’i took place on 16th October 2019. on transaction ref, xxxxxx family file xxxxxx in Abu Dhabi. with an entry in family file xxxxx. the first divorce classed as decree nisi, and the second divorce automatically occurred after The Iddah period of 3 menstrual cycles and reconciliation did not occur therefore became a 2nd divorce Talaq classed as a Talaq-e-Ba’in. the second divorce equivalent to a decree absolute. What I'm not sure about is whether the court physically issues a decree absolute for this, although im told under sharia law no such wording ..i,e decree nisi or absolute appear in the wording.
Are you Muslim? You said the girl you married was Pakistani so I assume she is Muslim.

UAE courts allow you to get divorced under UAE law or English Law. Huge difference when it comes to financial/children custody rights. As long one of the partner is Muslim, most likely divorce happens under Sharia law.

In that case, I think decree absolute is more of a English Law divorce.

But obviously I do not have the detailed knowledge about how UAE divorce certificates are issued. Can only share my understanding/opinion on this matter.