ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (LR) Child application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sham_neel
Mood:
India

Re: ILR (LR) Child application

Post by sham_neel » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:22 pm

Thank you very much!

sham_neel
Mood:
India

Post by sham_neel » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:54 pm

As suggested, I applied the ILR LR. Now I am working on applications for ICT dependent spouse and children (17.3 and 11 Years at the time of ILR LR application due in early April). what is the significance of the age mentioned in point ii(a)? :?

276B. The requirements to be met by an applicant for indefinite leave to remain on the ground of long residence in the United Kingdom are that:
(i) (a) he has had at least 10 years continuous lawful residence in the United Kingdom.

(ii) having regard to the public interest there are no reasons why it would be undesirable for him to be given indefinite leave to remain on the ground of long residence, taking into account his:
(a) age; and
(b) strength of connections in the United Kingdom; and
(c) personal history, including character, conduct, associations and employment record; and
(d) domestic circumstances; and
(e) compassionate circumstances; and
(f) any representations received on the person’s behalf; and

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:33 pm

This page tells you when a person’s age may be a relevant factor when you are considering a long residence application.

You must take an applicant's age into consideration in cases when you are considering refusing on other relevant points under paragraph 276B(ii). You must consider whether an applicant's age would weigh against refusal.

Age may be a relevant factor if the applicant is an unaccompanied child under the age of 18, or if the applicant or their dependants have spent their formative years in the UK and adapted to life here.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sham_neel
Mood:
India

Post by sham_neel » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:32 pm

Thanks Vinny.

Kindly simply the above technical language for my better understanding.

Caseworker considers age only when he/she is planning to refuse the application due to noncompliance of other points? Is this my correct understanding?

One solicitor said ILR LR is not applicable for children age under 18. However, he did not provide any other details or type of application.

Is anyone got ILR LR for children under 18?

sham_neel
Mood:
India

Post by sham_neel » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:58 pm

Can someone please advise?

sham_neel
Mood:
India

Post by sham_neel » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:28 pm

Please advise me.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:39 pm

I think a child’s age may be an relevant factor in the child’s favour, if
the applicant or their dependants have spent their formative years in the UK and adapted to life here.
Moreover, she has spent more than half her life in the UK.

As an aside, when she had completed seven years in the UK, she could also have applied for further leave to remain under the Private life rules, subject to 276ADE(1)
(iv) is under the age of 18 years and has lived continuously in the UK for at least 7 years (discounting any period of imprisonment) and it would not be reasonable to expect the applicant to leave the UK; or
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:14 pm

sham_neel wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:32 pm
Is anyone got ILR LR for children under 18?
Yes.

sham_neel
Mood:
India

Post by sham_neel » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:50 pm

Thanks Vinny.
I will go ahead with ILR LR application for my bith child under 18.thanks a lot everyone!

sham_neel
Mood:
India

Post by sham_neel » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:08 am

I applied for the ILR LR and chose option 1 for children under 18.

Child is normally living with:
Option 1: You
Option 2: Mother Name
Option 3: Other

Father, mother and children are living together.

Now my wife is filling the ILR LR application. Which option can she choose?

Child is normally living with:
Option 1: You
Option 2: Father Name
Option 3: Other

If She chooses father name as the father has chosen option 1 in his application then the below evidence is being asked for children.

1.Evidence of Mrs applicant_name parental relationship with child_name, such as a birth or adoption certificate, proof of financial contributions to the child’s well-being or general evidence demonstrating concern and interest in the child

2.Evidence of Mrs applicant_name access to Child_Name, such as a written agreement between both parents or a child arrangement order

can mother choose option 1 as children are staying with both mother and father?

Just to add that father is supporting the financial needs of both children.

sham_neel
Mood:
India

Post by sham_neel » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:38 pm

Can someone help with the above query?

sham_neel
Mood:
India

Post by sham_neel » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:51 am

Gurus, Can you please advise?

sham_neel
Mood:
India

Post by sham_neel » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:24 pm

Hi Expert, Can you please advise on the above query?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:01 am

This has been answered a lot of times. NONE of those document is required under SET(LR). Under long residence, an individual applies on their own and qualify on their own. Their relationship status is irrelevant
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sham_neel
Mood:
India

Post by sham_neel » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:31 pm

Thanks Zimba.

As per my understanding, there is no financial requirement for the LR route.

If I choose unemployed for spouse and student for children, Shall I provide salary slips and bank statement of mine to support the family as they are not earning?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:16 pm

sham_neel wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:31 pm
Thanks Zimba.

As per my understanding, there is no financial requirement for the LR route.

If I choose unemployed for spouse and student for children, Shall I provide salary slips and bank statement of mine to support the family as they are not earning?
No!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:24 pm

You should NOT submit ANY document regarding your family. The fact that you have a family here is NOT relevant under long residence
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sham_neel
Mood:
India

Post by sham_neel » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:58 pm

Thanks Zimba.

As children are a student (11 and 17.3 years old), do they not need financial support?

sham_neel
Mood:
India

Post by sham_neel » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:01 pm

The below consent letter is required for ILR LR child application when I filled the application. Is there any standard format for the same or free text on plain paper? I have highlighted my understanding with yellow text.

A letter of consent that confirms:

1.the relationship between you and your parent(s)/legal guardian(s) [Birth Certificate]
2.consent from your parent(s)/legal guardian(s) to the application [Consent on plain paper]
3.consent from your parent(s)/legal guardian(s) to the living arrangements in the United Kingdom and the address where you will be staying [ Consent on plain paper for living with rent agreement and letter from an agent within one month of application]
4. whether one or both of your parent(s)/legal guardian(s) have responsibility for you [ will bother both parent sign letter even if the only father is supporting financially.]

Both parents/legal guardians must sign the letter of consent, except where only one parent/legal guardian has sole responsibility for you.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:44 am

As they are minors and applying on their own, then you should sign those forms. This is ONLY for their application, not yours

sham_neel
Mood:
India

Post by sham_neel » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:11 pm

Thanks Zimba.

Is there a standard format for the consent form or we can write a free text on the A4 page covering all points?

Shall I also attach the tenancy agreement and financial support (Salary slips & Bank Statement) along with the consent form?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:51 am

sham_neel wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:11 pm
Thanks Zimba.

Is there a standard format for the consent form or we can write a free text on the A4 page covering all points?

Shall I also attach the tenancy agreement and financial support (Salary slips & Bank Statement) along with the consent form?
You download consent form at the end of your application. There is no need for financial support

sham_neel
Mood:
India

Post by sham_neel » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:31 am

Thank you Zimba and all for clarifying my doubts and queries. It helped me a lot.

sham_neel
Mood:
India

Post by sham_neel » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:18 pm

The main PBS applicant applied to ILR through the standard route in February. By looking at timelines, It may take between 4 and 6 months.

Now super priority service is open. The dependent applications (Spouse and Children under 18) are due in the week. If they apply through the super-priority route, their decision will be taken the next day while the decision is pending for the main PBS application. Is it ok to apply dependents application through super-priority? However, the main application supports the financial and accommodation for spouse and children.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:51 pm

No, the dependent applications will not be considered before your ilr application, regardless of if you pay super priority or not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.