ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Application from Outside UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:29 am

republique wrote:
jbinuk wrote:
Wanderer wrote:Think u have to be physically present in UK on the date you actually qualify. Or something like that! John or JAJ will know!
I appreciate the prompt response.

But do you have to be phisically present in the UK on the date you QUALIFY or the date you APPLY??? I think they are two different things.
You guys are confusing yourselves. Plus your info is incomplete/unclear so make sure she has her Life in the UK test for one thing. It doesn't matter she wasn't in the country in April when she reached the 5 years of residence. What is relevant is whenever she submits the application which is how the qualifying period is calculated. It is irrelevant that she was eligible earlier in the year. Sakura hit it the closest. She needs to return to the UK to apply so that she has not been out of the UK too much beyond 90 days in the last 12 month period.
And what application did you just submit a month ago. ILR or Citizenship?
She can not apply outside the UK, she must be physically present to apply and in fact she must be still in the country until the HO receives the application so don't think she can fly in, Make the application with NCS and fly out. Until the HO receives the application, she must be physically present in the UK when that happens as well as 5 years from their receipt.

hey my question is ...how the home office could know how long have u been away from the uk ...? if when leaving the uk u dont get a stamp on your passport ...mean that she could come back and passe her life in the uk test and signe the form ...and let her husband do the rest for her and then she comes back when she has the approval...at the entry if they ask her how long she been away she could just say a week or a month so....and they will let her in ...no matter what ...becoz they dont have any record on how long she is been away for ...unless she tell them the truth ...in this case it will be her fault ...and good luck ..if i was you i will go for this option .
all the best

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:56 am

joelondon wrote: hey my question is ...how the home office could know how long have u been away from the uk ...? if when leaving the uk u dont get a stamp on your passport ...mean that she could come back and passe her life in the uk test and signe the form ...and let her husband do the rest for her and then she comes back when she has the approval...at the entry if they ask her how long she been away she could just say a week or a month so....and they will let her in ...no matter what ...becoz they dont have any record on how long she is been away for ...unless she tell them the truth ...in this case it will be her fault ...and good luck ..if i was you i will go for this option .
all the best
HOW? By the entry stamp into the USA and no entry stamp inidcating return to the UK for one thing. The second thing is although the husband could mail in the application by the looks of it he seems pretty helpless and would benefit from the services of NCS who would want to see the applicant personally.
Further, since the OP has left the building as to the thread and doesn't seem impressed by the previous advice given to get his wife back in the country to apply, there is no point in trying to be funny and come up with precarious solutions. If the HO found out that the applicant wasn't in the country to apply and or fudged her dates of her absences, it would be a good way to be permanently prevented from obtaining citizenship in the future and to void her current leave.