ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Escalating on ILR application for faster decision.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: uk super priority visa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:33 am

No she is not eligible. That piece applies to applications on form SET O as a dependent.

Also, even if set m was eligible, you cannot change the service to priority once you have applied and attended biomterics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

HSMPnonJRtoT1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HSMPnonJRtoT1 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:14 am

Thank you for clarification :)

expresso12

Post by expresso12 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:44 am

Maybe i got this wrong, I am a British Citizen and my wife is on the 5 year route, which makes her VISA category SET(M).

When you check eligibility on GOV.UK,
under "You can apply as the partner of a British citizen or person settled in the UK", it provides the option for Super Priority Service:

How to apply
You must apply online. You’ll be told whether your application has been successful within 6 months.

If you pay extra to use the super priority service you can get a decision:

by the end of the next working day after providing your biometric information if your appointment is on a weekday
2 working days after providing your biometric information if your appointment is at the weekend
Working days are Monday to Friday, not including bank holidays.

HSMPnonJRtoT1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Escalating on ILR application for faster decision.

Post by HSMPnonJRtoT1 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:45 pm

Dear immigration boards,

Any advice will be very appreciated.
My wife applied for ILR on 26th November (SET M) and we have not yet received any email or letter from UKVI. Unfortunately, she needs to travel abroad on the first week of April for family reasons. what email address, postal address, phone number could we use to contact UKVI to try and explain our situation and to see if they can speed up the decision a bit.

Also, if I decide to contact our MP as well, should we do it by email, or by post (to the general House of Commons address with the MP's name on top)?

Thank you so much for your insight.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Escalating on ILR application for faster decision.

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:11 pm

HSMPnonJRtoT1 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:45 pm
Dear immigration boards,

Any advice will be very appreciated.
My wife applied for ILR on 26th November (SET M) and we have not yet received any email or letter from UKVI. Unfortunately, she needs to travel abroad on the first week of April for family reasons. what email address, postal address, phone number could we use to contact UKVI to try and explain our situation and to see if they can speed up the decision a bit.

Also, if I decide to contact our MP as well, should we do it by email, or by post (to the general House of Commons address with the MP's name on top)?

Thank you so much for your insight.
You cannot expedite an immigration application
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice