ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa for Parent

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tirfk

Re: Visitor Visa for Parent

Post by tirfk » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:49 pm

Apologies - just checked the letter and we mentioned only one month stay- as we know they going to give 6months anyway. Sorry error on my part in above reply.

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by JB007 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:28 am

tirfk wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:49 pm
Apologies - just checked the letter and we mentioned only one month stay- as we know they going to give 6months anyway. Sorry error on my part in above reply.
Your father stated in his visa appliction that he would only stay 1 month and he had 3 months left on his visa when he entered the UK, which would enable him to stay that 1 month he stated.

Read the post and links (in blue) from vinny.
vinny wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:49 pm
JB007 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:06 pm
In his visa application, how long did he say he would stay in the UK on his visit.
Indeed, they may respond that the holder is still able to stay in the UK for the requested period within the validity of the visa.

Moreover,
vinny wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:05 am
Be careful if stayed longer than previously requested.

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by JB007 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:00 am

tirfk wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:20 pm
My brother needs some time to sort out the visa in Canada and he dont have anyone to look after him in India.
What abour your brother that he he lives with in Riyadh? Your father would have needed to show ties to return to the country he was living in, to get a visa to visit the UK.
tirfk wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:56 am
He currently lives in Riyadh with my brother. He holds indian passport.

tirfk

Post by tirfk » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:43 am

My brother is no longer in Riyadh- he moved to Canada. My father need to go back to India if nothing happens. So I dont have any other options?

What is the email that we can contact home office regarding visas?

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:11 pm

tirfk wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:43 am
My brother is no longer in Riyadh- he moved to Canada. My father need to go back to India if nothing happens. So I dont have any other options?

What is the email that we can contact home office regarding visas?
So your father was living in Saudi Arabia with your brother.

As soon as your father received his UK visit visa and departed for visiting you, your brother left Saudi Arabia permanently for Canada.

Was your father's immigration status in Saudi Arabia dependent on your brother's?

What did you show/state regarding proving strong ties to his country of residence in the UK visa application?

It can be complicated to get another visit visa once a person has stayed substantially longer in the UK than was stated in the visa application.

Concealing that your father actually (had to?) leave Saudi Arabia permanently might be an even bigger problem. If this was the plan all along and your brother didn't just somehow suddenly get an offer and visa for Canada right after your father left, this could well be interpreted as false representation.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

tirfk

Post by tirfk » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:39 am

My father had Iqma dependent on my brother. So his residence status while applying visa was in Riyadh as he got his visa issued there. If he was on a visitor visa to Saudi, then he should go back to india and apply for UK visa. My father is Indian Passport holder. He has a house in India and my 2 sisters live in India and he draws his pension in India. All his relatives are in India. So the ties with India are strong. As my mother passed away, we brothers looking after him.

We do not intend my dad stay a day longer than what his visa states. He will go back to India if no options are there and then apply a visa to Canada or UK once he is there. He will be jugling between India/ UK/ Canada as needed. Certainly UK will not be his place to stay for longer as he needs to spend his time among his children and grand children as he desires. Because of uncertain times with Covid and air travel, we wish to limit where possible.

He intended to come to UK much before but due to Covid, it was not possible- I have not seen him in 3 years and nor visited him- again due to Covid. So we wished he could spend some quality time with us. This is irrespective of my brother's future plans.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:26 pm

tirfk wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:39 am
My father had Iqma dependent on my brother. So his residence status while applying visa was in Riyadh as he got his visa issued there. If he was on a visitor visa to Saudi, then he should go back to india and apply for UK visa. My father is Indian Passport holder. He has a house in India and my 2 sisters live in India and he draws his pension in India. All his relatives are in India. So the ties with India are strong. As my mother passed away, we brothers looking after him.

We do not intend my dad stay a day longer than what his visa states. He will go back to India if no options are there and then apply a visa to Canada or UK once he is there. He will be jugling between India/ UK/ Canada as needed. Certainly UK will not be his place to stay for longer as he needs to spend his time among his children and grand children as he desires. Because of uncertain times with Covid and air travel, we wish to limit where possible.

He intended to come to UK much before but due to Covid, it was not possible- I have not seen him in 3 years and nor visited him- again due to Covid. So we wished he could spend some quality time with us. This is irrespective of my brother's future plans.
But did he know that he won't be able to return to Saudi Arabia once he left for the UK?

Staying longer than stated on the application - on your case one month - can result in refusal of subsequent visitor visa application. If he arrived on 1st December, he is already staying longer than stated.

I wish you and your father all the best and that things work out the way you want them to.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

supadhyay
Newly Registered
India

Post by supadhyay » Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:58 pm

Hi,

A similar situation happened to me and I emailed UKVI for an amendment. Although, I have applied for a visitor visa from India, I am receiving response emails from British Consulate Istanbul (Turkey) which mention that I have to submit my passport to VAC in 10 working days. I am very confused (as I was expected email from british consulate India not from Turkey). I tried notifying to UKVI about this but they are not providing much help. Please suggest what should I do?

Regards
Sam
tirfk wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:31 pm
vinny wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:49 pm
tirfk wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:13 pm
Thank you every one- My father got the entry clearance Visa today. We specified intended date of travel to be in December so we were hoping to get a visa from December 1st until May end (6 months) however they gave the visa starting from 21st sept until 21st march. The stamp clearly says valid until 21st March. It also says duration 180 days. Do we need to extend the visa once he is here or its automatically understood that its for 180 days? Please clarify :)
See also 4. ECB9.4 Validity of entry clearance. I think he has until 21st March.

If he overstays for over 30 days, then he may face an re-entry ban.

If they had ignored a deferred date request, then try asking them to correct the endorsement error?
JB007 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:06 pm
In his visa application, how long did he say he would stay in the UK on his visit.
Indeed, they may respond that the holder is still able to stay in the UK for the requested period within the validity of the visa.

Moreover,
vinny wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:05 am
Be careful if stayed longer than previously requested.
Dear Vinny
Thank you- those are really good info you shared. In this case the entry clearance and date of travel seem same. As he is already in the UK now, we cannot go back to the ECO to differ the date. Is there any other way we can contact them and ask to rectify the date please? This will be really helpful as we really planned his visits accordingly and pushing this date by more than 2 months we will be in real hot waters.