ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Application - Preparation Questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

meself2
Ireland

Re: Naturalization Application - Preparation Questions

Post by meself2 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:29 am

richardandrews123 wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:11 am
ok, thank you so much.

I will.

I have one more question.

So, I calculated all my absences from the state, and here is my analysis.

Total Number of days required: 1826 Days
I stayed in Ireland physically so far: 1775 Days
Total Period from the 1st Stamp: 1938 days
Total Travels outside of Ireland: 6
Total Travels outside of in Excess of 6 Weeks: 2 (1st for 45 days and 2nd for 118 days)
Total physical days outside of Ireland: 225

So, I am wondering. Should I wait to complete the 1826 physical days before I apply or should I only exclude the periods out of the country for more than 6 weeks.

Are the travel days that are not in excess of 6 weeks trip are to be included in 1826 or not.

I would appreciate some advice. I think I will also go for a solicitor, and take it from there.

thank you.
As far as I know:
Absences under 6 weeks - fine, counts as if you were in Ireland for this time in relation to reckonable residence.
Absences over 6 weeks - need to add the amount of days (45 and 118 in your case) to the time you need to spend in Ireland (1826) as you've gone over the threshold (see this).
Be mindful that it's not just single trips, ISD gives you 6 weeks in a year to travel, so you might have even more days you need to gather before applying, unfortunately: if you were outside of the country for more than 6 weeks in a year, all your absences this year will not be counted as residence.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.