ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

withdrawing sponsorship from eea residence card

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:39 pm

Sounds like you are doing the right thing in getting on with your life without him. If there are any threats to your safety or that of your children, please immediately involve the police.

Is any of your property still being held as part of his file at the home office? Your passport or your marriage certificate? You should be able to directly request those from the home office. Send off a registered letter to them.

thsths
United Kingdom

Post by thsths » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:06 pm

senin wrote:I am not married to him so yes he is here on the fact of having a durable relationship. This relationship has now finished. He no longers lives with me, i have a restraining order out against him.
That sounds like you have done the most sensible think, congratulations. I hope that you still find enough time for you kids, but it sounds like he never was much help anyway.
However, I do not think he should have the right to stay here due to the fact that he lied on his application form about his criminal activity and being removed/ deported from another eu country.
Yes, logically that should be done quickly, because as long as the application is under consideration, he can stay in the country. It is bizarre how they always go after the "scapegoat of the day", which seems to be foreign prisoners at the moment. Everything else is pretty much ignored.

I just hope that they have added your letter to his file, so that they can look into the details when the application is processed. As Victoria said, they may need hard evidence to refuse the application, but that should not be your problem.

senin
Newly Registered

update

Post by senin » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:53 pm

Hi this is just a little update on what has happened so far. My sponsorship has been officially withdrawn I have received my passport back. This was about 3 weeks ago. I also asked for my other papers ie birth certs etc but they still haven't been returned. There is still no news on what is actually going to happen to his application. I just wish whatever they are going to do that they do it soon.I am sure all of you understand how hard it is waiting for something.

Senin

senin
Newly Registered

Post by senin » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:24 pm

Hi I received my daughter's, my son's and my birth certificates back from the home office last week. It just had a short letter stating what was in the envelope and at the end it said. The applicant will know the outcome of his case shortly.
How long do you think shortly is??

bumpe
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: withdrawing sponsorship from eea residence card

Post by bumpe » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:49 pm

senin wrote:Hi Everyone
Hope some one can give me the info I need.
I have recently found out that my partner (ex in my eyes) lied on his application for his EEA 5 year residence card.
How did you find out these while the application has been in the HO for 8 months? i mean did you get a copy of the application from the HO or what?

How comes after finding out that your fathers daughter is a convict and a dangerous man as you put it, your main interest is his residence card even before you thinking of moving away from the shared address?

senin your story does not add up to me, it sounds like the middle of a love story, am sorry to say. :D

DFDS.

Re: hallo

Post by DFDS. » Wed May 13, 2009 5:14 pm

jude wrote:We are here to help people help themselves not to make decion for people. Sending your daught father back to his home country is not good at all . She may ask you one day about her dad. Try to solve ur problem rathering than reporting himj to the HO.
Thanx Jude, best advise for the OP so far, as compared to some board criticks. I asume this board is not a court room, niether an authourity. But some member have continued to misuse our space, through there advise full of resentment. Who knows if the OP is hiding alot from us? I guess we are not here to seperate families, & there is already afamily life established in this case! How do we know if the OP her self is a bully or she is just acting on rumors! lets move sorry....

DFDS.

Re: withdrawing sponsorship from eea residence card

Post by DFDS. » Wed May 13, 2009 5:39 pm

bumpe wrote:
senin wrote:Hi Everyone
Hope some one can give me the info I need.
I have recently found out that my partner (ex in my eyes) lied on his application for his EEA 5 year residence card.
How did you find out these while the application has been in the HO for 8 months? i mean did you get a copy of the application from the HO or what?

How comes after finding out that your fathers daughter is a convict and a dangerous man as you put it, your main interest is his residence card even before you thinking of moving away from the shared address?

senin your story does not add up to me, it sounds like the middle of a love story, am sorry to say. :D
Am sorry but this is just my personal oppinion, the way i look at the action taken by the OP, among many available alternatives, there is a posibilty of the OP switching beneficiaries! Why is she very much intrested in the period HO would take for action, than first thinking of saving the kids life & hers?