ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Rejection reason - issue with bank statement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:59 am

R053992 wrote:Hi Priya

the bank statement was on ordinary paper. it did not have the bank name or logo on it.
What I have read as on the site is :

If the statements are original statements, there is no need for stamp or sign. However if they are electronicall printed on the banks official stationery, we will still need a sign and seal.

By saying original bank statements, I mean the statements we recieve monthly or quarterly through posts from the bank. These are authentic and does not require banks seal.

However if we go personally to the bank, get the statements printed out on the banks letter head or official stationery, we will still need bank seal and signature.

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:24 pm

rkbansal83 wrote:Hi,

Can you please provide (either on this forum or email me at rkbansal83@gmail.com) the format of maintenance letter that is required to be obtained from the bank.

That would be of gr8 help

has anybody taken such a letter from ICICI bank...? i went there and they are not ready to give me such a letter

Thanks
-Ravi

Well.... I guess I am the lucky one then... I did manage to get a letter then from ICICI bank. The main bank manager was real un-ICICI and very helpful. But as always there was this lady deputy manager to make matters worse for me who had refused point blank in the first instance..

But the point is, any suc letter required for legal purposes is your legal right and there is no way any bank manager or any official for that matter can refuse that. As far as risk on their side is concerned, they do always give a disclaimer at the end of the letter .

iswarya
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by iswarya » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:08 pm

R053992 wrote:Hi Priya

the bank statement was on ordinary paper. it did not have the bank name or logo on it.
Hi, if the bank statement was on ordinary paper, then how did you proceed after that? Were you successful in sending the administrative review request and what happened then. My tier 1 got rejected because of the same reason. "Bank statement did not have the bank logo" , though i have got the bank seal stamped, attested from a bank officer. Kindly reply.

Thanks,
iswarya

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:43 pm

If i open a bank, if i term my papers a official stationary, then i will take into consideration atleast for the below mentioned things -

1. Bank Name
2. Bank Logo
3. Bank Branch Address / Phone # (or atleast Phone Banking #) / Fax #
4. Bank corporate Office address / Phone # (or atleast Phone Banking #)/ Fax #

Again, this is my perception - To be on the safer side, why cant we submit acceptable papers / formats rather than recommended (recommended by a third party or bank itself that this is acceptable) formats. Hope we understand the difference.

As a matter of fact, it is not very difficult to fake these things. But as per the formality / process they expect these things.
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.